• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Ren'Py Completed True Love [Remastered] [Software House Parsley]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

LeturLefr

Nov 14, 2018
oh yea ShiKage89 I would have guess, the old walkthrough you pin'd before it got replaced is ? that supposed to be a one-run-for-all walkthrough with lots of load/save for the RNGs

ChumpFlumph

Aug 29, 2020
I use Windows 10 and it works for me. But being an old game, it is a YMMV type of situation.
Hmm... well it won't even launch for me. Maybe it's not adding the registry properly? Guess I'll keep at it.

Edit: Or maybe it's because I'm using 64-bit windows? idk

Last edited:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Hmm... well it won't even launch for me. Maybe it's not adding the registry properly? Guess I'll keep at it.

Edit: Or maybe it's because I'm using 64-bit windows? idk
I'm using 64-bit Windows 10 as well, could try to use compatibility mode as a last resort if nothing else.

ChumpFlumph

Aug 29, 2020
I'm using 64-bit Windows 10 as well, could try to use compatibility mode as a last resort if nothing else.
Compatibility mode didn't work, the only way I could get it to actually run was using a VM with a windows XP os. But hey I mean at least it works that way. Cheers for the help anyway! :)

comaderikari

Feb 25, 2019
Play online for free in browser at . OP appears to be downloading games from that site and posting them here.
The point is to have an ofline version. Even if this were the case(im sure its not) I think its a service well rendered.

sbz7

Dec 9, 2017
Can anyone recommend Games like this?
I really like True Love but i can't find anything that compares to this

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
EDIT: Added DLL-file to fix 2-3 second MUSIC- / MIDI-delay every time the game starts a song. This or another workaround (there are others) is basically required to play the game properly on a modern Windows.
How to use:
  1. download attached 'mciseq.zip' to True Love folder
  2. 'mciseq.dll' must now be in the same folder as 'T_LOVE95.EXE'
  3. start game and delay should be gone
I am looking for unobtanium ... or lost infos about 'True Love':
  • What was the minimum system requirements to run the original game for the NEC PC-98?
  • Does anyone have the data from the 8x 1.2 Megabyte floppy discs originally released 1995-06-09 for the NEC PC-98 in Japen? If yes, please upload! Using the attached FDIs (Floppy Disc Image) and following > < guide on how to run a PC-98 emulator the original game can be played.
  • If you have any form of original art from the 1995 japanese, 1999 english or 1999 german versions ... boxes, box art, floppy discs cover art, cd-rom cover art, posters, manuals, etc ... please scan/make photo and upload!
Guess how many colors the graphics of True Love use!?
True Love.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game was aimed at the 90s Japanese market.
It ran in 640x400 EGC-graphics mode (Enhanced Graphic Charger) on NEC PC-98 systems.
In 1991 the NEC PC-98 made up 60% of the japanese home computer market.
The first PC Windows version was released 1.5 years later (1996-12-06) in Japan.

Historically this game was released for a PC-system that was about to die.
Why? The release of Microsoft Windows 95 operating system made the classic 'IBM' compatible PC the dominant system worldwide.

Apparently there are many Hentai games for the NEC PC-98.
Most of them never got ported to PC Windows and/or translated.
That's a shame.

System requirements for 1995 NEC PC-98 japanese Floppy or CD-ROM version:
  • unknown
  • 286 CPU?
  • 640 KB RAM
System requirements for 1996 PC Windows japanese CD-ROM version:
  • unknown
  • 386 CPU?
System requirements for 1999 PC Windows english / german CD-ROM version:
  • Windows 95/98
  • CPU: 486/33 or Pentium (unverified: runs on 386DX/40, Win95, 8 MB RAM)
  • RAM: 8 MB (12 recommended)
  • 256 color graphics
  • CD-ROM drive
  • sound card

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: wilkantekezio

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
True Love Final Fantasy VII reference.png
The publisher and/or translator for the 1999 english version apparently did not like Final Fantasy VII from 1997.
The original 1995 Japanese text must be different. FF VII did not exist yet.

I found a few images of the boxed game versions on Reddit or Japanese auction sites.
Unfortunately most of them are photos or very low resolution compressed covers from the *early* internet-days.

The game runs with only 640 Kilobytes RAM btw. (PC98 emulator)

True Love box OTAKU 3 by garasensei reddit lowres1080.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021
Is there any difference in having max stats and not? Besides having enough for skill checks, does the characters ingame comment on how high a stat is? I tried to edit the save file through a hex editor, but I had trouble working it.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes