Others - Ren'Py - Completed - True Love [Remastered] [Software House Parsley]

1. 5.00 star(s)

irezawa

This is an actual game.

I feel silly having to say this in a game review, but I can not stress that enough. If you're after a quick fap, you'll hate it. If you want to actually play, you'll love it. This game also spoils you rotten, as there still aren't too many dating sims this deep and complex. Good luck finding anything like this game once you're done with it.

p.s. If you do want another game with similar mechanics, GaoKao.Love.100Days comes to mind. It just doesn't have any secks in it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

SparkCarrot

"True Love," the game many of us started with, is very easy to put on the lentes of nostalgia and give it a perfect score. However, games evolve over time, and "True Love" is no exception to the rule. It's good to play it to understand how this genre of games began, but it also has errors that were corrected in later games by different developers.

There are no explanations about which stat to increase to progress in a relationship with a girl, although it can be inferred is not always easy to identify. There is also no indicator of how to activate each event or when. We have a whole month where nothing happens, except for increasing stats and waiting for an event to trigger out of nowhere. There is no explanation of what each item to buy does, etc.

Furthermore, as a pioneering game, after progressing a lot in the game and with some luck, you will find one or two H scenes and a few Vanilla scenes, so there isn't much reward in relation to the time invested.

So, 3 stars, which could be two, since it has been a pioneering game, but it could greatly benefit from a remake with more gameplay. It has already been surpassed by many later games for the better.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

amaranta

One of best games. Becasue it`s ispiring. What modern games have lost. They are still capable of satisfying, but no longer motivate active actions.
    But True Love can. When you watch how the protoganist is exhausted at road works just to get new jeans. Then get attention of the girl and get that girl. You start to think "I can do the same! My job opportunities far less extreme". And so on. Many game episodes has "I can do it too" vibe.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Sick Loli Rapist

The game is quite good. I only finished it once and chose Remi as my girlfriend at the end (this has nothing to do with the actual rating).

It's well written but sometimes it just makes no sense at all, sometimes it really feels like the skills you're levelling up ain't changing anything. An example is about scholarship (which is a "skill"), you spend your days studying so that you can max it out BUT when you talk to someone about it the MC most of the times says "Nah, Im not studying that much" and things like that, so it's like what you do in your home, how you spend your time, changes nothing, it's like there's no characterization at all (maybe this is because I chose playboy as class but I dunno). There are similar problems, dialogue logic as I call it, but that's pretty much it.

Now you may ask why 4 stars instead of 5. The reasons are 2.

- The 1st one being that your childhood friend is just a bitch, and here I will spoil so that if anyone wants to understand why I say so, you can read here...
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- The 2nd problem are the H-Scenes. They are vanilla (which you may like but...) and nothing really erotic at all, they are too short and that's pretty much it. You literally see 2 pictures per scene (it seems to me that there are 2 scenes in the whole game per girl).
    You cant even fap to them if thats why you wanted to play this game (especially because there's no sound at all, and Im not only talking about the game not being voiced, but literally no slapping while fucking her or whatsoever).

If it was easier to encounter the girls, since it's really TOO random and if the game told you at what time and when you can actually meet them (with Remi for example she tells you that she finishes studying/dancing in the afternoon with her tutor, still it's really hard to encounter her even though you decided to walk in the city. This is the problem, most of the times you WASTE your time doing nothing in HOPES of finding a girl. I swear I nearly spent 30 days like that without encountering girls at all) everything would have been much better.

The characterization ain't that bad tbh, except for your bitchy childhood friend.

P.S. Now that I think about it there's a girl in the swimming club which is called Chiemi, and for no reason, even though you choose to not talk with her, she's attracted to you, she tells you that you can touch her body and that she wouldn't mind it, and at the end of the game she asks you to go home with her which of course is stupid since for months we didn't talk at all...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

YouDare!

What first introduced me to visual novel games. A great classic with a good story and wide selection of heroines. Its a must play if you consider yourself a fan of the genre, and a great starting point if you want to see what these type of games are about.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

frankensteiner316

first h game dating sim ive ever played. Nostalgia doesnt even begin to cover it. Love this game, love the 90s anime style, love the music that randomly just starts playing in my head like 20 years after ive first played this game. If you like to have fun and appreciate the old school you should absoulutely play this, you wont be disappointed. I roam this site in search of anthing that would match true love and im yet to find anything thats even close. 10/10 one of my favorite vidya ever, hentai or otherwise.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Lerd0

ah the nostalgia boner this gives me, memories of nuts long gone.
    probably ma first dating sim, and still to this day ma fav one.
    would kill for a good remake of this.
    girls cute, bois too, gay ending funny.
    Chiemi best girl, fight me.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

No matter how much I appreciate the quality of renders we see from newer adult games these days, I will always have a soft spot for older dating sim and VN graphics.

True Love was one of the first of its kind that I'd ever played along with GLORIA, and it's honestly worth a play just for that old-school, aesthetic vibe.

The story is cute, and so are the characters. With plenty of choices and branching routes to pick from. They don't make 'em like True Love anymore.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ernestoentero

The one that started it all for me.
    Amazing story, very likeable characters, rewarding.
    Also, choices matter, which is something that most games seem to disregard.
    I remember that you actually had to pick a romantic interest instead of going around poking anything that moved, which felt real.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Blursed

Short and sweet. I love the characters and the dialogue. The setting and charisma is superb. However, I would not recommend if you want a quick wank. The H-scenes are like 1% of the VN. I give it 5 stars because of the whole art style and the feel of its time.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

darkyiY

This game is so good it's my first VN and i've done it so many times it's just too perfect, at the time i'm writting this i have one goal, the math teacher and because i'm a man of culture i will achieve this goal.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Moniek1

The best adult game from 1995. Simply classic. An interesting story. Pleasant graphics. But above all control and game mechanics that introduced a new quality to the genre.
    At present, he may not be delighted ... But five stars are due to sentiment.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Draakaap23

This was the sex game that kicked off the start of more sexy demos and games getting made with more depth to it then just clicking your mouse to view some sexy scenes. It also had some story to it and a simple management system which worked really well: nothing to hard to use or understand. It even has a few easter eggs in it.