• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Inevitable Relations [v0.1b] [KinneyX23]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I will also avoid Charlie. I am going for Eva. Hope there is goIng to be a Beth/Eva ending/route.
If I'm honest I would do the same. But most likely for a completely different reason than all of you. ;)

I hope there will be a threesome with Eva, Beth and Izzy/Alex.
Who knows. :p

Can you have bot Charlie and Eva or do you have to choose one?
You can't "have" both, but you will be able to have a sexual relationship with both, if you do it right ofc.

Reactions: Abibliboop

aliscad

Jun 14, 2017
The version in the OP is heavily compressed! The uncompressed version would be over 1GB big. Just FYI ;)

No one said anything about penisless. Yes you play as a woman and yes you are married to a woman, but that doesn't mean that there won't be any hetero sexual content. ;)

I mostly stick to the changes I already made and I did add a lot of content since the very first release. But yeah, I develope the game in my free time, which is extremely limited, because I usually work 10-12 hours a day. Downside of working as the manager in a big electronics store I guess.

But one thing I can and will promise, I won't ever abandon the game. Maybe it takes some time to get to the finish, but that's the way it has to work for now. Sure I'd like to finish updates a lot faster, but the income I have right now, just doesn't allow anything like that. To be honest I didn't even get the money back that I already spend. And although money never was my primary goal with the game, I have to set my priorities to not go further into the red.

What's confusing for you, maybe I can clarify!?
Thx for the info. I just checked lossless compression rate for png(standard rendered) is upto 90% now.
I am not sure if you are talking about the lossless compression of the png image file, or the whole folder.
But you learn something everyday I guess.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I was talking about the compression of the image. But I've since moved to a different program to convert the png files to webp and the filesize went up to about 780MB again, with a 95% compression it should be at around 300MB for the next release.

Reactions: TheFonze

TheFonze

Aug 3, 2018
So the story so far is great. Please don't make her lose the detective job. She's a badass! It seems like a lot of cutscenes are cut short, but it's still good. The options you mentioned seem interesting. Would be a shame to see things going in only one direction because of the Charlie-haters. Haters!!! Poor guy gets no love... I really like the characters all around. Keep up the good work.

@Charlie
I'm rooting for you buddy. Hang in there.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
The next update will be available soon. ;)
If nothing goes wrong I might be able to finish updates faster than before, since I upgraded my rendering system and my main system. I had a small problem though, where I lost a bit of time. To keep this brief, I bought a GTX1080 Ti for my main system and the card only ran with PCIe x8 instead of x16, but that's solved now. :)

acidnightmare

Aug 23, 2018
playing through the latest version, i got this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/day4.rpy", line 197, in script
    $ bad_cop += 1
  File "game/day4.rpy", line 197, in <module>
    $ bad_cop += 1
NameError: name 'bad_cop' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/day4.rpy", line 197, in script
    $ bad_cop += 1
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Inevitable_Relations-0.06beta-pc\Inevitable_Relations-0.06beta-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 882, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Inevitable_Relations-0.06beta-pc\Inevitable_Relations-0.06beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/day4.rpy", line 197, in <module>
    $ bad_cop += 1
NameError: name 'bad_cop' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Inevitable Relations v0.06beta 0.06beta
Tue Nov 06 20:56:09 2018
EDIT: I didn't get this error when starting a new game, only with a save game from last version

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes