Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhialto

Jan 29, 2018
Looks pretty good so far what you have shared. I do agree that Max looks a bit too effeminate for my taste.

I also think Lisa looks a bit too angular. When you compare her to Alice and Ann, she makes me think she is not related at all.

Attire choices look awesome that you show and looking forward to what you haven't so far.

Also agree about the camera thing, one of the issues I had with the story for BB was that he couldn't record things from the camera's he installed in order to have evidence against Erik. Made no sense at all. Nor did it that he couldn't spy on them if he wanted.

But all in all, really really looking forward to the development of the game you are creating as I have been enjoying what BB was like and I think that the effort you are giving to produce something with the broad depth of it, is amazing.

xenos87

May 2, 2017
I really like where this is heading with a completely new and separate game and the house layout looks awesome! When can we expect a first version of the new game? Will you announce it in this thread when you create the new thread and release the game?

Reactions: User_17502

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I am still "tweaking" the characters. I am not thrilled with the limitations of the native skins and shapes. It took a lot of work to get them so they looked partially related at all. (In BB, they clearly look unrelated. For my version, there is no relation at all.)

I agree, the Max character still needs some testosterone to his complexion. I have been looking for a replacement skin for a while. But they paint the damn eyebrows on the skins, and all the men are either feminine elfs, or Scarface-Al-Capone wizards and wariors. They either look 10 or 45... or like transvestites.

It is the face I am more interested in. That is what you see the most of, from him.

For the "Lisa" replacement, we took note of her indifference. She is looking to get a complete rework, if I can't get her breast issues solved. She has odd clothing disfiguring, which I assume is the body-mod on her. I wasn't going to focus much on the face, until her other issues were resolved.

Remember, I am tuning my models, so they work well with the mod that is already in development. I don't want everyone to look like clones or twins of mom, just being smaller. But, yea, the models started-out looking more unrelated than they are now. Technically they are all at-least 25% "Victoria". But compounding morphs is never good. Shit gets ugly fast. Skins are another issue...

P.S. Yes, I am taking notes and pushing to see that this all makes sense, by the time it is released as the new game. Still a few stages away from release, which is unavoidable at this point.

Rhialto

Jan 29, 2018
I so wish there was something I could do to help but I am clueless about how to do even the most basic of what you guys do. Honestly I am in awe of what you guys create and how you modify the works to become something.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Here is another quick preview of the models, in the current "forms".

They have no genitals, yet. These are the base-models, used for all the various renders. They have been rendered in a medium light, which is a better reflection of how they will appear within the game. The other renders were done in "Natural sunlight at 2:00 PM". That is not a normal lighting you would find the models being rendered within. (Pool-side is around 10-12 and 2-4. The lighting will be slightly reduced, or comparatively "not grey" to surroundings.)

Going from left to right... (Using BB names again.)

Lisa: The youngest female in the household, younger than Max. Spends a great deal of time indoors, avoiding sunlight and real people. Tends to frequent low-light locations, so her phone can be clearly read, while browsing social-media sites. She tries to get the most out of every charge in her phone. She helps-out at the library, because she enjoys "watching people", but not "being watched". Though, she wants to be seen, and to be with others. That conflicts with her inability to socialize, in person, and silent nature.

Alice: Just a bit older than Max, but acts like she is Waaay older, at times. Unlike Lisa, she tends to focus more on socializing, but has no more friends than Lisa. Her time is mostly spent tanning, working-out, window-shopping and trying to find a place in the world. When she works, it is only to obtain more "stuff", for her personal collection of "vanity items".

Max: Slightly self-absorbed, but trying to be less selfish, because it isn't getting him anywhere. His place, in the household, is not well earned. Honestly, he is borderline unwelcome. He isn't the worst of the worst. That would be Eric. However, he hasn't had much of a "male role model", other than Eric, to shadow. He gets out, when he can. He works, if he can. He works-out, when he gets around to it. Mostly, he is a professional jerk-off.

Ann: The household primary provider, though she doesn't realize that yet. She is married to Eric, who is a thin image of who he once was, when she first met him. She liked his wild-side, as a "bad boy", but now that shit is getting old. Her success has slowly begun to pay-off, and Eric seems to be sucking it up, as fast as she can make it. Her intuition is horribly executed, but it is functioning quite well. She KNOWS shit is screwy, she just isn't acting on it, being in denial.

Kira: Ann's best friend, from years before she met Eric. She has always had a third-party perspective, which is narrow. She acts more like an older version of Alice, but is nearly the opposite, in respect to her age. She seems to think she is a lot younger than she actually is, now... A recent change in her life. Surely denial of reality. She spends a greater deal of time in the sun, or in tanning-booths, while doing power-workouts, focused on doing anything to make herself look or feel younger. Going so far as to get breast implants, to sustain that youthful "perk", in comparison to her friend Ann. She wants a "bad boy" of her own, but honestly doesn't have much time for actual commitment. Her observations of Ann and Eric, as a couple, are also stopping her from tying the knot with anyone.

Eric: Oh, Eric... The "villain" of the story. Everyone needs a scapegoat, Eric just doesn't have one to delegate that duty to. He doesn't actually care what others think, and his self-absorbed nature has completely consumed him. Everyone in the household, and around him, is guilty of enabling him, by denial of the reality of the situation. However, at the point which you will encounter him, the shit is about to hit the fan. His world is about to get a lot more invasive and smaller. How YOU handle him, is completely up to you. His job, as a real-estate agent, has seen its peak, years ago. Now it is in the lowest low it has ever seen, for house-sales. His lavish lifestyle just has no bounds to his deceit. He is actually a professional jerk.

nude medium light front.jpg

nude medium light side.jpg

nude medium light back.jpg

NOTE: Why do I use "grey" as a background, for comparison? (Google it. The short answer is that it is what a professional uses to ensure things are balanced, in color, contrast, hue and tones.) It is a neutral shade, which can also let you know if your monitor needs adjusting. It is pure grey. If you see red/blue/green tint in the grey, your monitor needs adjusting. I also compare this with a pixel-board of pure black and white, which results in grey, at a distance.

P.S. Currently, at the moment, I am chopping-up the rooms into scenes. We should have some "home shots", in a day or two. You can see the characters, clothed, around the house, as I play with lighting. (Once that is set, the scenes will be rendered for use in the game. Then we can start producing the introduction artwork.)

I will try to get some "non-distorted" headshots soon. (The default camera in Daz3D is Waaay to close for a realistic shot. It has a sort-of fish-eye distortion that is not professional or realistic to actual photography.)

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Woo, can't wait for this Eric to create some drama, would be actually nice to have a seperate route of him owning all of dem females

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Here is a little "Bonus"... Things like this will appear in the "Special Album", when that is made. It will represent various bonus content, when you reach certain points. (As opposed to being a game-screen snapshot.)

This is a 3D-Stereoscopic image. (The kind you cross your eyes to see. Hint, after you cross your eyes, use your hands held like this, ||||_ _|||| with your thumbs overlapping. Hold your hands about hat-rim distance from your face. Now look through the center. Your right hand will block the right image from your right eye, and your left hand will block the left.)

stereo.jpg

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Quick update... Went back to the original skin for "Max". The other skin, which I didn't care for much, didn't have a penis texture. I'm not into texturing penises for skins that i don't care for. lol

Here is the latest "tweaked" skins. I also tweaked Max a bit, to make him slightly older, more masculine and less like BB's Max. I still have to tweak the Lisa character's face a bit.

This is direct noon-ish light. (Again a rarity, but it allows for bright-light adjustments.)

test new1.png

Next is the 4:00 PM indirect lighting (dramatic) allowing to see the contrasts with sub-surfaces in action, and glosses.

test new2.png

Next is the softer "bright indoor light". Again, testing for color and hue balances between models.

test new3.png

Last is the dramatic indoor lighting test. Used to find issues with "gloss" and subsurface coloring, which could have been artificially altering the models hue.

test new4.png

The new Eric is intended to be slightly darker. The girls that were super-tan, will still get tan, later in the game. Just not as dark as originally created. The last test image is what made me lighten-up the model. I was testing her in one of the rooms I made, and she was rather difficult to light-up, in contrast to the room.

This, below, is the rendering of Kira in that room...

test_old_fast.jpg

This is the NEW rendering of that same setup...

test_new_fast.jpg

She will get darker again, just darker from this base, not the other one.

Aug 7, 2017
Quick update... Went back to the original skin for "Max". The other skin, which I didn't care for much, didn't have a penis texture. I'm not into texturing penises for skins that i don't care for. lol

Here is the latest "tweaked" skins. I also tweaked Max a bit, to make him slightly older, more masculine and less like BB's Max. I still have to tweak the Lisa character's face a bit.

This is direct noon-ish light. (Again a rarity, but it allows for bright-light adjustments.)

View attachment 71377

Next is the 4:00 PM indirect lighting (dramatic) allowing to see the contrasts with sub-surfaces in action, and glosses.

View attachment 71378

Next is the softer "bright indoor light". Again, testing for color and hue balances between models.

View attachment 71382

Last is the dramatic indoor lighting test. Used to find issues with "gloss" and subsurface coloring, which could have been artificially altering the models hue.

View attachment 71383

The new Eric is intended to be slightly darker. The girls that were super-tan, will still get tan, later in the game. Just not as dark as originally created. The last test image is what made me lighten-up the model. I was testing her in one of the rooms I made, and she was rather difficult to light-up, in contrast to the room.

This, below, is the rendering of Kira in that room...

View attachment 71437

This is the NEW rendering of that same setup...

View attachment 71438

She will get darker again, just darker from this base, not the other one.

WOW really nice. They look mutch better than the ones in BB. Nice work

xenos87

May 2, 2017
I really wish there was an actual playable demo of this game after seeing all these amazing renders. Oh well, can't rush art ;) Do you have any time frame for the first demo? (I realize I've already asked a variation of this, but, well you know how impatient we can get in here)

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
At first I was pretty disapointed when this morphed from essentially a recreation of BB in Renpy to a full blown original game but now I'm liking what I'm seeing from the last few post updates.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
We are almost ready to lay down the introductions, which will end-up with a new thread. I will leave this up, when that happens, for a short while, so everyone can find it.

Here is an incomplete and rough test render of the house they will be in. I just added some fill-in scenery, for the moment. The rooms are being "decorated" now. (I have more detail to the exterior. I just didn't render it like this, with the new details I added.)

test_exterior.jpg

This is the "sketchup" version, with some of the new details added.

Test_house_exterior.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.