Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
hi there, i wish you good fortune with your own game. And since you have an attentive ear for ideas, if you had to follow only one direction DS took with BB, is to add a nemesis. Put some challenge into this game of yours. Grinding and repeating events to unlock more lewdness already exists in every game. But one that drives you angry towards a NPC that wants to take what you want, THAT makes me want to play.

Of course i have a truck full of ideas and i sometimes think i should write my own game (i can't code or render) but this is another subject ;)

U

User_17502

hi there, i wish you good fortune with your own game. And since you have an attentive ear for ideas, if you had to follow only one direction DS took with BB, is to add a nemesis. Put some challenge into this game of yours. Grinding and repeating events to unlock more lewdness already exists in every game. But one that drives you angry towards a NPC that wants to take what you want, THAT makes me want to play.

Of course i have a truck full of ideas and i sometimes think i should write my own game (i can't code or render) but this is another subject ;)
Oh yes there will definitely be a nemesis in this game! Think of this game as fulfilling everything (mostly everything) that B.B. promised but never delivered on.

Our characters will be completely different and the story much more intriguing. We hope to create a game that will satisfy ourselves as well as the community that has been waiting for more of a game than a dating/fuck me simulator.

(At least that is my plan.)

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Oh yes there will definitely be a nemesis in this game! Think of this game as fulfilling everything (mostly everything) that B.B. promised but never delivered on.

Our characters will be completely different and the story much more intriguing. We hope to create a game that will satisfy ourselves as well as the community that has been waiting for more of a game than a dating/fuck me simulator.

(At least that is my plan.)
awesome !

would love to see some dom/sub play and some "training" events as well as it's sadly too uncommon to see this these days

also is there a page in the games section now ? and what will the name of the game be ?

U

User_17502

awesome !

would love to see some dom/sub play and some "training" events as well as it's sadly too uncommon to see this these days

also is there a page in the games section now ? and what will the name of the game be ?
No spoilers but we will have some optional dom/sub play.

We are waiting till the intro is done before creating a thread. The name will still be Torrid Affairs. My incest mod will come out the same day the noncest game comes out on NoesisandNoema’s patreon.

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
...very nice work, and moreover a great way to "revive" a game doomed to the abandon.
I will definitely keep an eye on the project, for sure... ;)

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Well I have read all 20 pages on this thread so gonna give a few thoughts:

-Inaction/interaction: One of the main problems that the original big brother had was related to this point and that was the value of inaction, "if you don't interact with the characters they will do nothing at all", be it Eric on his house conquest, Lisa with her crush... they will all wait for you to push them in a direction or another, while this gives the player quite a bit of control it is bad for the game development which feels "frozen" until you push them. Having the characters take actions even if you don't influence them gives the game a feeling of being alive.

-NPC starting interactions: This was another heavy bad point that the game had, the NPC's couldn't initiate a "talk" event or react to you in any sense at all, one of the things that I truly hoped for example is that when you finally had sex with Alice she could tease you be it with her hands touching your member or her feet in some situations or even sometimes visit you in your room to have sex or invite you to hers.

-Stats without value: While playing Big brother another important thing was that it didn't matter you relationship level or the respect the girl has for you, the only thing that influenced the events was the "opportunities system", while I'm not against a route system it is good to take into consideration if the girl is dominant/submissive, how much she loves x character at the moment... because if not it gives a strange feeling while following the route.

I did write a review about the game talking about the bad points of the system that big brother had and it's limitations on the discussion thread of the game.

What you are doing gave me a much better feeling rather than big brother itself and I would be happy if the game had better interactions between NPC's and you and not a rigid storyline that doesn't consider any other stat.

Reactions: Retro
U

User_17502

so, we can't play this now? we have to wait, yes?
From what the creator said he is gonna make a true game rather than a mod so this may affect quite a lot the development (at least at the initial stage).
noesis, is it your intention to make a modable game?
NoesisandNoema is making an entirely new game that fulfills the broken promises of B.B. As of this moment the game will have all new characters and an all new story. However it will still strive to utilize the same fetishes as well as expanding on the options in B.B.

I am writing an incest mod of the game. The game will incorporate mods based on patreon backers. These mods will not change the story but will include other fetishes and the like.

Reactions: Retro and Born2game
U

User_17502

Well I have read all 20 pages on this thread so gonna give a few thoughts:

-Inaction/interaction: One of the main problems that the original big brother had was related to this point and that was the value of inaction, "if you don't interact with the characters they will do nothing at all", be it Eric on his house conquest, Lisa with her crush... they will all wait for you to push them in a direction or another, while this gives the player quite a bit of control it is bad for the game development which feels "frozen" until you push them. Having the characters take actions even if you don't influence them gives the game a feeling of being alive.

-NPC starting interactions: This was another heavy bad point that the game had, the NPC's couldn't initiate a "talk" event or react to you in any sense at all, one of the things that I truly hoped for example is that when you finally had sex with Alice she could tease you be it with her hands touching your member or her feet in some situations or even sometimes visit you in your room to have sex or invite you to hers.

-Stats without value: While playing Big brother another important thing was that it didn't matter you relationship level or the respect the girl has for you, the only thing that influenced the events was the "opportunities system", while I'm not against a route system it is good to take into consideration if the girl is dominant/submissive, how much she loves x character at the moment... because if not it gives a strange feeling while following the route.

I did write a review about the game talking about the bad points of the system that big brother had and it's limitations on the discussion thread of the game.

What you are doing gave me a much better feeling rather than big brother itself and I would be happy if the game had better interactions between NPC's and you and not a rigid storyline that doesn't consider any other stat.
With regards to the storyline. There will be multiple routes in my mod and each of the characters will have different reactions based on whichever approach you took with them (Love, lust, etc.) Only at story scenes will an NPC take the opportunity to interact with the player. This is an extremely arduous process so doing it multiple times requires a lot of effort and time. Making the whole game like that would basically take me the rest of my life. Therefore the game will include some of the things you have requested but not to the scale that every single line of dialogue or scene will be changed by the players choices.

With regards to the inaction in B.B. I can assure you that won’t be a problem here. However I will not reveal more at this time.

Reactions: Retro

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Yes, for sure... this is moddable.

Yes, creation is flying forward, fast. (Unfortunately, most of it is behind the scenes. Remember I was trying to avoid all of this extensive creation, by using existing artwork. Now, that is not an option.)

So, we finally have SOME things to show you. (We are still preparing the new introduction writing and, with that, the artwork staples for the game.)

Below, theses are the "every day", chilling/casual, outfits for the initial characters. As comfort increases, beyond the introduction, they get more "causal" around the house. Think of this as level 0, where you start.

Characters are NOT the same... Stories are not the same, interactions are not the same, names are not the same... It is all changed. However, these would essentially be... Lisa, Alice, Max, Ann, Eric and Kira. (For the incest mod, relations are essentially unchanged.) casual all.jpg

These images below, are the characters "work outfits"... Initially. (Some advance, some change jobs.)

work all.jpg

Working on the "nudes" now. There are also "weekend outfits" to pick and create. "Sexy outfits", for the more intimate situations... and "Special outfits", like Lisa's school uniform, which is already setup.

Last picture is the "guts" of the house, being created... (This is used for camera-placement, flow-control, and scene-setup. Real furniture and decorations will be added, once the rooms are isolated into individual scenes.)

Test_house 3.jpg

P.S. We went through, literally, over 200 outfits so far... Nearly every outfit, model and scene has/will-be hand-customized, to fit the story/image we are shooting for. There is little "prefabricated", "as-is", artwork.

Aug 7, 2017
Yes, for sure... this is moddable.

Yes, creation is flying forward, fast. (Unfortunately, most of it is behind the scenes. Remember I was trying to avoid all of this extensive creation, by using existing artwork. Now, that is not an option.)

So, we finally have SOME things to show you. (We are still preparing the new introduction writing and, with that, the artwork staples for the game.)

Below, theses are the "every day", chilling/casual, outfits for the initial characters. As comfort increases, beyond the introduction, they get more "causal" around the house. Think of this as level 0, where you start.

Characters are NOT the same... Stories are not the same, interactions are not the same, names are not the same... It is all changed. However, these would essentially be... Lisa, Alice, Max, Ann, Eric and Kira. (For the incest mod, relations are essentially unchanged.) View attachment 70343

These images below, are the characters "work outfits"... Initially. (Some advance, some change jobs.)

View attachment 70363

Working on the "nudes" now. There are also "weekend outfits" to pick and create. "Sexy outfits", for the more intimate situations... and "Special outfits", like Lisa's school uniform, which is already setup.

Last picture is the "guts" of the house, being created... (This is used for camera-placement, flow-control, and scene-setup. Real furniture and decorations will be added, once the rooms are isolated into individual scenes.)

View attachment 70367

P.S. We went through, literally, over 200 outfits so far... Nearly every outfit, model and scene has/will-be hand-customized, to fit the story/image we are shooting for. There is little "prefabricated", "as-is", artwork.

I am really intrestet in this game. I liked the Art of BB, but it got worse and worse. I will play this game for shure. i wish you mutch succsess.
(sorry for my bad english. it isnt my native language)

Reactions: User_17502

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
one question about the cameras, would be the player able to use cameras to see what happens in other rooms when he can't peek? It was really annoying in BB when Max could not peek and I was like, "Use the cameras you moron"

Reactions: xenos87
Status
Not open for further replies.