Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Adding a quick question, for those interested in this project...

I am struggling with trying to decide if the default names for the characters should ALSO be used. My desire to change the names, is due to the fact that the stories are not similar. However, for familiarity, I was wondering if I should retain the original "English variations", of the names. Max, Alice, etc...

At the moment, I am doing the hardest part. Making the characters with selectable relations.

For example, before the story begins, you are guided through a few "fill in the blanks"...

Before I begin my story, I should tell you a little bit about the people I am living with.
[Eric]{Change name}, is the head of the house...
He is married to [Anne]{Change name}.
They...
- were high-school sweet-hearts.
- were step-brother and step-sister.
- are cousins.
- are brother and sister.

Then there is [Kira]{Change name}.
She is [Eric's]...
- friend,
- cousin,
- step-sister,
- sister,
and she is also [Anne's]
- best friend.
- cousin.
- step-sister.
- sister.

You see, this information will be used to set-up the initial details of the story and will also be used to add the desired flavor to the situations that arise. Thus, the "Affairs" part of the remastered title. Yes, you can go full twisted, with Eric, Anne and Kira being brother/sister/sister, as well as Alice, Lisa and Max being sister/sister/brother. {Insert banjo-music here}

For those without the incest-relations, they can all be unrelated to one-another. However, in this version, Eric is always married to Anne. He is the focus of the story/game. While Max will remain the critical protagonist. (The non-related variation has them as foster-care and the aunt as a "friend of Anne and/or Eric", while the two girls can be part of the care, or exchange-students. They will all have an excuse for codependency on Eric, the house and the income provided.)

Max's story is what changes the most, besides Eric's long-term role-change. His fear is not boot-camp, it is the government, and a little bit of Eric. He has Max on a tight leash, due to his "situation", which is what made him forced to return to this home. (He gets into trouble, while training in boot-camp, which he volunteered for. Resulting in something to the equivalent of a Hollywood luxury "house arrest", without the ankle-bracelet. He has to try his hardest not to piss anyone off, who might tip the scales on his lenient arrangement. Thus, placing him into military-custody and/or military-prison.)

The catch... His "girth and length", depend on a constant replenishment of the military-grade experimental enhancement pills, which he must keep taking, until he is permanently "buffed-out". Something that requires a little hacking and some misguided deliveries. Along with some crafty bait-and-switch of the contents.

I recommend you to have a chat with @FunFiction & @celtic1138 their artwork is truly amazing.
I will ask them, when I cross that bridge... I agree with you. They did great work with the renders.

DarthDeke

Jun 4, 2017
This is intriguing and I am quite enthusiastic about your high level game plan. Have you built a long term detailed development schedule? I am looking forward to your story; and, by all means, let me know if I can help.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
would it possible to be able to rename the characters rather than just go with the presets,eitherway this sounds awesome

drayth06

Dec 28, 2016
Will keep an eye on this project and it may end up better than the original, who knows. (just kidding, we know it will be better).

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Avoiding multiple quotes...

Darth: No plan, beyond what I have setup for programming, at the moment. Any help would be welcomed.

Dazzler: Yes, all household characters can be renamed and individually setup for "relation status". I just used the original names in the example, as only an example.

[Bob]{Change name} is just a representation of a text-input box with a default name in it.

The relations will also be setup for "unrelated", by default.

Dray: Better in some parts, lacking in others. (I am straying from the game-like part... But not killing it completely. I like days as a time-base and the fact that interactions take time to do. But hourly... That is too much dead-time to pass.)

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
[Eric]{Change name}, is the head of the house...
As long as I still can kill Eric it's OK.
I don't like this character, maybe it's because I know a lot of people similar to him (and his look in BB) in real, many muscles and dumb, behavior of an Alpha of stoneage but the prince in shiny amour for a lot of women even though they were treated as dreck.

OK now serious:

on the one hand I like new good games and the optical style of BB and I find it ok when you want to make a similar game like BB from DS or even better.

on the other hand
converting the game "Big Brother", into another similar game
and with this the use of its characters and art is imo a kind of thiefery or plagiarism.
Why, when you will do all the work with new story and relationships and and and, don't you develop also new characters?
I'm sure @FunFiction or @celtic1138 will support YOUR own new characters in the same way how they will do it probably with BB fanart.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Max: "Why use the existing art?"... Because that is half the battle... Including the "fan art", which extends the game, which will also include my own renders. (It, quite honestly, isn't stealing, when it is "given away" for free. However, it is a form of plagiarism! But so is "big brother". There is nothing new in there, except the renders, as a whole. I am not going to get into the question of whether or not the artist actually paid for the rights to the models and materials he used. :p)

Mostly though, it is because there is nothing wrong with the renders. They are damn near perfect. (Except for Max's greyish hair, funky penis-skin and off-color body-skin.) The "non-incest" version, is the main reason I am making this. Using concepts that I created for my own stories. The poor translation and horribly unbelievable story, is why I MUST make it a conversion into another game.

I couldn't re-write the original, and have it make sense, because I can't understand how unbelievably off-the-wall it is... {Max fears boot-camp, as a reasoning for doing all/any-of Eric's bullshit. One phone-call to the cops and Eric would be wrecked. Besides, it's boot-camp! Maybe boot-camp in Russia is a tough thing... Here, in America, it's like summer-camp, with hazing. We fear Cops, not boot-camp...}

Plus, when it comes to incest, few people like the whole "fuck everyone you are related-to", concept. Since you KNOW you will be doing that, in my conversion... It is better to let them pick the relationships of those they will be forced into interacting with. (I may even make it like a hidden feature, for those who don't want others to find this game in their possession, defaulting to incest as the base-game. I know many who won't support it, because it is an incest game and they don't want that stigma attached to their credit-card transactions.)

However, in the game, you will be focusing on getting rid of Eric... He is still a fucking prick in my version, no matter what his relationship to the other characters. Much is similar, due to the fact that it has to be bound to the renderings.

I may also be adding my own "style" to the game. Since I am not using the same game-engine. I actually have a greater set of easy image-effects available to me. Including image-manipulation which is difficult to do in that game-engine. It will be more of a visual-novel/game, not just a game.

I promise, you will enjoy it... or you will let me know if you don't! :p

P.S. The entire "preview concept, conversion game", will be low-quality and 720p, so that it will be fast to download and not be much of a "thievery", until I can get explicit blessings from those who have a need to offer it.

I am completely capable of using my own created models and other pre-fab scenes, and pre-fab poses. Coding is the hardest part. That is 100% mine.

Last edited:

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Update to progress...

Decided to use the title, "Torrid Affairs", since the word "summer", seems to be over-abused, at the moment. Plus, it felt more appropriate to the new story-line, so far.

Renamed about 300 of the 1000+ images, suited for easy identification, without looking at them.

I have the outline for all the "relations" possibilities. Not doing the math, but the potential unique variations is in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of potential combinations. Thank computers and if-statements for handling all the intricate guts of that mess!

Generally speaking, you can select the relation of each individual primary character as... (Where it applies.)
- Unrelated (Best friend, Friend, Exchange student, Foster child) {For the non-incest version. DEFAULT}
- Step (Brother, Sister, Mother, Father)
- Half (Brother, Sister, Mother, Father) {Aunt} [?Cousin]*
- Full (Brother, Sister, Mother, Father) {Aunt} [?Cousin]*

* If I put an option to have someone related to the {Aunt}... Toying with that at the moment.

Various responses...
I can't... You are Ann's best friend. She will kill me if she finds out...
I can't... You are my step-mother's sister. She will kill me if she finds out...
I can't... You are my Aunt! Mom will kill me if she finds out...
I can't... You are my cousin...
I can't... You are like a sister to me...
I can't... You are my step-sister...
I can't... You are my sister...

Not every string of dialogue will be identified like above. Just enough to sustain the desired taboo. As well as isolated "additions" of dialogue, unique to being your Mom, Dad, Aunt, Sister, etc...

There will also be an option to make Lisa as "your twin sister", or not...

At the moment, I am writing this as 100% unrelated bonds. The following revision may include the similar relationship bonds. (With the change of Eric as Ann's husband and both of them as the sibbling's parents.)

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Mmm interesting project. There's something that bothers me though: Is it possible that the author could report you for copyright infringement? Because, basically your ripping his game off.

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Ok, so here's my question:

Is the 'marriage' between Ann and Eric a necessity?

Here's the reason I ask: if the goal is to get rid of him, maybe the relationship might be better if Ann and Eric are simply significant others, or boyfriend / girlfriend. I mention this because if you're going with a whole variable relationship system where Ann and Eric can be brother / sister to each other, then it throws into question how they got married. Further are Alice, Lisa, and Max the children of Eric / Ann ? Is Max's distaste for the house arrest jailor that is Eric SO great he's willing to get his father kicked out of the house / break up his parents marriage?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

It stretches the plausibility a little bit if Eric is the biological father of anyone in the house, and stretches it even further if there is an actual marriage to Ann.

I think that you also open yourself up to greater story telling possibility if you set up that they have a strong non-marriage relationship at the outset of the game, but discover cracks in the relationship. Cracks you use to drive a wedge between Ann and Eric.

My suggestion, while I applaud your willingness to create such a huge massive variation in relationships would be to have three 'incest' settings as it were:
- No Incest: Eric is Max's father. Eric and Ann are high school sweethearts, and have rediscovered each other after each of them had a failed marriage. Kira is Ann's best friend. Lisa and Alice are foster children that Ann takes care of.
- Soft Incest: Eric is Max's father. Eric and Ann are cousins, and are living in sin after each of them had a failed marriage. Kira is Ann's sister (Eric's cousin). Lisa and Alice are Ann's daughters from a previous marriage, so only step sisters to Max. This would be 'soft' incest, because obviously any girl / girl stuff would be incestuous, but any max / girl stuff wouldn't be.
- Full Incest: Max and Lisa are twins, the children of Ann, along with her other daughter Alice. Kira is Ann's sister, and Max's aunt. Eric could be related to Ann, but probably should not be the father of any of the three children.

Anyways, those are my suggestions. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
- No Incest: Eric is Max's father. Eric and Ann are high school sweethearts, and have rediscovered each other after each of them had a failed marriage. Kira is Ann's best friend. Lisa and Alice are foster children that Ann takes care of.
How about Max is adopted too? I would prefer this!

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Sure, I just figured that no incest would be because I doubt Max and Eric are having sex with each other, so it'd be ok to have some familial relations there. But honestly, if Eric is even 10% of the douche that he is in the current game, I wouldn't want to be related to him either. :D

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
At the moment, the three non-elders of the household can be... Fostered or technical-relation, semi-related or related. (All except Max), can be an exchange-student.

How do brother and sister get married? Illegally, or just a social bond. Marriage is NOT only "legal" and/or "religious" bonds. However, I plan to take the technical-legal way into this.

Poor state records and divorces with adoptions can easily "hide" the fact that there is any "blood relation". Several people have been married, who are blood-related family.

Mother marries her daughter and her son.

Marriage situation:
Yes, for the story, it is required. Even if related, honestly, Max is as much of a swine. (He is fucking everyone in the household.)

You will have no problem hating Eric, when you see how much MORE of a prick I made him. Remember, Max is eventually going to be fucking EVERYONE in the house, except Eric.

If I made him, "just a guy with Ann", it would degrade the story, a lot. (Unlike the "Big Brother" story, this one has believable content that makes sense, at every step of the way.) Unfortunately, it is hard to portray that, without portraying that. :p

Copyright infringement: Well, without actual copyrights, anything in, "The public access", for more than a year, is beyond any copyright protections. If you want to get technical, you also have to have a copyright in each country that you want protection from. That is why you can't copyright a bible. I don't think that copyrights will be an issue. I plan to get any appropriate "blessings" (permissions), from the available contributing artists.

"Big Brother", is copyrighted in America and in many other countries. It is a television show about a bunch of people all living in the same house, under surveillance by hidden cameras. (Sound familiar? I doubt I will be perused, in any event. Still, I plan to honor the creators of all contributions.)

Again, taking note that the game is "free to the public", which includes the artworks within. I am not just ripping the game and slapping a link back to my patreon-account as the "creator" of the original game. I am not using any of his written content. Not using the same game-engine. Not using the same game-elements. Just the art, which may still be modified, or eventually recreated completely. (Though, if that happens, then all links back to "big brother" would be removed, which would be a loss for him and a gain for me.)

Again, I will cross that bridge when I get there. I am not near the bridge yet.

P.S. I am also going to be WAAAAAY behind him, in development. I have a strange feeling that he will be adding a LOT more people and possibly bringing-back the real father, into the story. He seems to be building forwards and backwards at the same time. Something I do myself. I am trying to pre-calculate for that too, a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.