• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2017
Because of habit, and guilt for not having this version released yet... :(

I am trying NOT to make it a grind. Where possible, I am adding random or "progressive" dialogue to give the illusion of advancement and less repetition.

If my sister was hot... but she is not... :p

Here is more fuel for the fire... of that comment...

Total computer system cost, at the moment... $18,000 (Still need a desk. The rest of the stuff will all be here by Thursday, this week. Free shipping takes a while. lol.)

Two days ago, I just went to buy a car... Told the dealer I had a "budget" of $12,000 - $8,000 to spend, cash. Walked out of there spending $11,985.00 (Car {$10,208.00, Tax, tag and title) Got a 2002 Lexus SC430 (Originally a $70,000 car, with the custom work on it. Though, the price is average for it now, with 100K miles on it.) Plus, I get free carwashes and detailing at the local "Porsche", "Lexus", "Jaguar", "Toyota" and some other dealerships around here. For as long as I own the car. (Part of the luxury of buying from an awesome dealership.)

It's a hard-top convertible. The previous owner stripped and blacked-out the logos, as it was a show-car. (Still not sure why they do that.) Aftermarket rims, tinted windows, new dual-din bluetooth/wifi/dvd/multi radio and updated 1000w sound-system. Already hit 165mph, but it goes up to 185mph before it "regulates" the speed. I wasn't that brave, yet... Fucking can't even tell you are going that fast. Feels like you are doing 65 on the highway. Plus, I didn't want to blow it up and waste gas. :p

View attachment 57484

Though, I cringed to spend $19 on a pair of shoes... I struggled to pay $180 for a lofted-bed setup... I use coupons to get $0.30 off a pack of cigs, from the cheapest place in town... I still walk, or ride the bus, or my electric unicycle everywhere... and use a wallmart phone for cell service. :p

Oh, and I only eat once a day, mostly from the dollar value-meal selections or deep discounted grocery store stuff. (You know, that shit which is about to expire two hours after you walk out the door.)
I hipe im not misssing anything importabt regarding the Actual game by not reading theese long asss posts.
P. S: use a color when talking (typing)about the game, that way we know that our time isn't wasted. Some of us have lives.....

trumafioso

Aug 12, 2017
The same big ass super computer that will allow him to make this game. Skimming the posts for the info you need is not exactly that time consuming. No need to stress.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Sorry, I moved my computer talk to another thread.

People wanted to know why I was not releasing my next version yet. It is a combination of a bunch of things. One being, my life... Kind-of need a car, when you are watching a self-destructive 2-year-old who likes to use his face as a bumper on everything. The computer is for the actual creation of the game, in the new direction it is headed. (I am going to be rendering all new artwork, instead of making it a "conversion" of another person's art. Though, in essence, it will still be a conversion.)

Sparing everyone the TLDR.

Anything "important", will be in the first post, related to releases.

Anything in the following threads, is just developer and player chat.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
and what has his new car View attachment 58027 got to do with making the game
Delays... I had to spend my "free time" buying a car, which takes more than 15 minutes of one's time. Instead of developing the game. (I only have tow days of "free time", where I am not watching her kid. Which, as of recently, is more like two half-days.)

My/our world was, literally, turned upside-down, two months ago, when I was trying to release the first version. It is, just now, getting back to normal, as I prepare the next release.

Things, from this point forward, should not be this hectic again, unless my sister, or my nephew has something bad happen to them. (I am watching him 80% of the time he is awake, while she works full-time + overtime. Since I am no-longer working, after my mothers passing.)

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Well I hope with your supercomputer all the renders will be 3840 x 2160 so I can see them at their best
I am thinking of making a 4K "Update Pack". I think I would be the first to make a 4K "Visual Novel", which is also an adult novel/game.

I think I would have to render in 8K, to get the results I want.

Sep 16, 2017
W
I am thinking of making a 4K "Update Pack". I think I would be the first to make a 4K "Visual Novel", which is also an adult novel/game.

I think I would have to render in 8K, to get the results I want.[/QUOTEQUOTE
Just saying: put the 4K rerenders in a different pack, and add a compressed pack after official release, that is if you can.
Thank you

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
why you dont create your own game, instead of big brother stuff! with that Super RIG you have?

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
So N&N.... How're things looking?
Ironic that you said "looking". I started getting migraines from my scratched glasses, so I went to get new ones. (Still waiting for a few parts for the computer to arrive, but working on the story and code, for now.)

To make a long story short... Don't get glasses from Walmart. They give you "close enough, sort-of", prescriptions, instead of what you actually need. So, after "not seeing clearly", I decided to get "LasikPlus", instead of more glasses.

That should get rid of the headaches. Until then, I am just taking migraine pills.

why you dont create your own game, instead of big brother stuff! with that Super RIG you have?
I am, now... I am trying to stay silent until I can get this new release and have this post moved to "New games", instead of being in "Game mods"...

By the way, I will now have two super-rigs. (I found-out, the hard way... Daz's version of IRAY doesn't currently support the new "Titan-V" cards, yet. Possibly, in the next Beta-release, it will, as they are literally one version behind the version which has support for those cards.)

Also, the Titan-V card is still not in stock. Thus, I only have two, of the four desired cards.

So, to compensate for the temporary set-back, I purchased two of the new "Titan-Xp StarWars Collectors Edition" cards. One for the Dark-side and one Jedi force. (Or whatever they are called.) It is faster than the normal Titan-Xp too, and the 1080-Ti cards, but not as potentially fast as the Titan-V cards.

Ultimately, one machine will have 4x Titan-V cards. The other will only have, at the moment, two Titan-Xp-CE and one GTX-Titan-X (Maxwell). That machine may eventually get two more Titan-V cards, or I will merge all cards into one machine. There is a board which can handle 8 cards at 16x and another that can handle 19 cards... 18 at 1x and 1 at 16x.

(This is only to save money on the external "Iray" render license. It is per-computer. So, the more cards you fit into the computer, the more you save... Not to mention all the other hardware that isn't needed, and power saved from running all that extra hardware.)

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Hope it's less grindy. reason i just wait for a finished BB is i have seen all scenes sooooo many times to progress a few renders in a scene. it doesn't do anything anymore. And to do it every update again where saves from previous builds won't work made me turn off from BB

Status
Not open for further replies.