Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Yes, finally! I am online... Not at the speed they sold me, but about 1/3 of that speed. Still have some troubleshooting to do, with the modem/line and my crappy old hardware. {This beast is about four years old, so, in computer years, it's a dinosaur!}

I suspect it is a combination of... Crappy noisy lines, going to the modem. A used, refurbished, returned, because it was working like shit, modem that they gave me. Plus a hell of a lot of metal crap between this computer and the actual modem. (Our circuit-breaker and water-heater and AC-exchanger are all blocking and reflecting WiFi signals.)

I may try hard-wiring it, or just moving the modem here, or my computer over to the modem.

Talk about crap-luck! To top that off, my siblings all got their checks and mine seems to be stuck in purgatory. It is for a LOT more than we were told. (More good news, among the bad. lol. Fuck-you... it's more, but you can't have it yet!)

That is actually good, it would be another unwanted distraction.

First things first... I am wrapping-up the release version, removing all the unused test-code crap, and bloat. We will see how good the upload speed is, in just a day or two. I am beat tonight. (Still working until my replacement gets back from his little vacation. I was expecting to have stopped working by now, and my sister's kid to be in day-care full-time. So much for that plan.)

So, a quick recap... What to expect in this release...

1: The random-elements work, and now exist. (Rollback-safe, so far.)
2: There is choice-selections, which give you some stats, and others. (However, the game is too early in development for them to have any significant impact.)
3: The story is written, for the introduction, to cover all of the main characters. (Cruel that the majority end-up leaving, before the actual game starts. Done intentionally, to force the beginning of the story development.)
4: I have begun to setup replacement models, and some scenery, for the following releases, if all goes well. (I may add a couple renderings, at the end of the introduction, for people to comment about.)
5: The "looks" of the game will change, in the future. I decided to move things around a bit, for better screen-space use. (At the moment, in relation to this upcoming release, that translates into the free-roaming part being locked-out, until I can get the new layout setup. There should be enough to play with, in the introduction story.)

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Another quick update...

Sorry, I would be working on the game, at the moment, but I am bunking with my nephew. Can't work on the game while he is home. (He is a handful to watch. Waaay to independent for a 2-yr old. Basically, my twin, as a child.)

Spent the day working for the guy who should have replaced me. Blah...

So, with 50K to spend, I have spent the last few hours (quietly), shopping online.

My Grocery-List:
- 4x "Titan V" Graphics cards, $3,000 each, for a total of $12,000 USD.
- "MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC" motherboard, which seems that it will require some modification to fit one of the cards into slot #1. (There is a stupid metal guard, total cosmetic shit, which stops Titans from seating correctly.) $400 USD
- New mouse... Mine had the "click-of-death", hyper-clicking on the 2nd mouse button. $20 USD
- Core i9-7980XE CPU, and water-cooler $2,100 USD
- 2x WD Black 6TB Drives, because that was cheaper than one 12GB Drive... One will be a backup anyways. $212 ea, $424 USD
- CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 128GB (DDR4-2666), With coolers. $1680 USD

Still looking for a 4K monitor, instead of buying two more 1080p monitors. (So I have 1/4 running the game at 1080p, with 3x more areas for coding and rendering, at the same time.) I might get a 4K TV instead. Much cheaper. (Provided that I can find one without inline compression and correct sRGB colors.)

Fuck, I still need a case and a desk... I forgot what I was going to get for a case. I'll have to check back through my posts.

Oh, and more bitcoins, with the rest of the money. :p

Reactions: Born2game

0ne

Dec 11, 2016
Another quick update...

Sorry, I would be working on the game, at the moment, but I am bunking with my nephew. Can't work on the game while he is home. (He is a handful to watch. Waaay to independent for a 2-yr old. Basically, my twin, as a child.)

Spent the day working for the guy who should have replaced me. Blah...

So, with 50K to spend, I have spent the last few hours (quietly), shopping online.

My Grocery-List:
- 4x "Titan V" Graphics cards, $3,000 each, for a total of $12,000 USD.
- "MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC" motherboard, which seems that it will require some modification to fit one of the cards into slot #1. (There is a stupid metal guard, total cosmetic shit, which stops Titans from seating correctly.) $400 USD
- New mouse... Mine had the "click-of-death", hyper-clicking on the 2nd mouse button. $20 USD
- Core i9-7980XE CPU, and water-cooler $2,100 USD
- 2x WD Black 6TB Drives, because that was cheaper than one 12GB Drive... One will be a backup anyways. $212 ea, $424 USD
- CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 128GB (DDR4-2666), With coolers. $1680 USD

Still looking for a 4K monitor, instead of buying two more 1080p monitors. (So I have 1/4 running the game at 1080p, with 3x more areas for coding and rendering, at the same time.) I might get a 4K TV instead. Much cheaper. (Provided that I can find one without inline compression and correct sRGB colors.)

Fuck, I still need a case and a desk... I forgot what I was going to get for a case. I'll have to check back through my posts.

Oh, and more bitcoins, with the rest of the money. :p
Just passing through and read this and I had to say something... you wasted all that money but you can't even afford your own room? You spent all that money on hardware which is only fractionally better than components half the price and yet still bunk with your nephew. Thats fucked up.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I am doing it to help my sister. She is a single mother, and we got "stuck" with a 2-bedroom, while we wait for a 3-bedroom to become available.

My mother passed-away, and we had to move-out of the house, due to the house being sold.

NB4: "He lives with his mother!" (No, it was her house. She lived up north. :p But I did/do live with my sister. Helping her care for her kid, because baby-daddy is a dead-beat swine.)

He's 2... He could sleep in the closet. :p (It's a big closet!)

Oh, the hardware I am getting is not "fractionally better", unless you count 2x as a fraction of 2/1. It isn't about the initial price, it is about the cost to operate it, 24/7 with expensive power.

Hard-drives... Totally worth it. There is no substitute for that price, in reliability. I am already maxed-out on my system and forced to use compressed, slower, storage modes, just to make it all fit. After having hardware failures, a backup is a must-have. 3D modeling, with Daz3D, is a big space-eater of hard-drives. Lots of duplicate and tiny files, that all consume 4096-bytes, per file. It is horribly managed. (Beyond my immediate control, at the moment. I can fix the issues, but not at the moment. It involves millions and millions of files. I don't have that much free time on my hands. Not even to write a program to fix it. I started to, but got side-tracked by actual development of the games.)

I justify the price of the four Titan-V's, as it would take me over 12 Titan-X's to do the same work, but that would cost me thousands a month in electricity and extra motherboards, ram, processors, hard-drives, operating-systems...

I am too tired to do the math... Trust me, it is a lot faster and cheaper to use the Titan-V's power for IRay, in Daz3D, now and in the future.

Titan-V has a special “tensor cores” which Titan-X and 1080's will never have, for ultra-fast noise-free renders (IRay custom code controlled, VIA SDK at the moment.). It also has more cuda-cores than any other card. Thus, the same 250-Watts of power = more output. (Up to 8x faster with the new core stuff.) No other card besides Titan-X has 12GB of usable solid memory. I already max-out my Titan-X on occasion. Each time, I have to stop and redesign a scene. It costs me more money, in down-time and re-rendering. Then I still have to render the rest, in segments, and end-up having to do more post-work to make just one final image... Uggg... (Or wait for days while the CPU tries to render it. Which costs even more money in power and down-time. Because I can't use the CPU at that point.)

When it comes to motherboards, that was the cheapest, which could fit 4x double-wide cards in it.

As for the CPU, again, it comes down to power-consumption and actual speed, which AMD still can't touch, with what I do. (I don't game, and AMD doesn't win there either.)

Found a 4K monitor, 40", for about $600, which is about what I would need to spend on 2x more 1080p monitors, but it runs at 1/4 the power of both my other 1080p monitors, so I will save money there too. ($600 electric bills, every month, are not uncommon for me, with my existing hardware. I am replacing a LOT of junk computers, with this single computer. I promise, I am not your "average", user. They tend to only use a computer for a few hours a day, or week. Mine is used, even when I am not using it! It masturbates, I guess... a lot...)

Yes, I need a 4K monitor... I have 5-7 screens worth of things open, when developing. The Game, RenPy, TeraEdit, two folder-views, my paint program, and Daz3D. It is a nightmare, and time consuming, flipping back and forth through tabs. Annoying as hell too!

Oh, and worse, when I am browsing the net for resources and references, while also trading bitcoins and other stuff. (All at the same time.)

I live off computers, when I am not sleeping or out walking around town. With these three games, being developed, I will now be home more, as this is my new "job". (The other reason I justified the purchases.)

Also, Optix-5, which I think is only available for V-Core cards. (Built-in to IRay, including Daz3D's version, now.)

Key Features
  • Programmable GPU-accelerated Ray-Tracing Pipeline
  • Single-ray shader programming model using C++
  • Optimized for current and future generations of NVIDIA GPU architectures
  • Transparently scales across multiple GPUs
  • Automatically combines GPU memory over NVLink for large scenes
  • AI Accelerated rendering
  • Free for Commercial-Use
Tensor Core info...

This has 16MB of HBM2 DRAM cache made by Samsung, and NVIDIA has achieved 900 GB/sec of memory. It also had new NVLink interconnect is 10X faster than the fastest PCI Express interconnect.

The New Tensor Core is a 4x4 matrix array. It's fully optimized for deep learning. This is one year later than Pascal but 12x its tensor operations, and 6x its capability for inferencing. It provides a 5x improvement over Pascal, the current-generation NVIDIA GPU architecture, in peak teraflops, and 15x over the Maxwell architecture, launched two years ago.

AI Coming to Ray Tracing to Speed Graphics Workloads

NVIDIA CEO showed at the GPU Technology Conference how NVIDIA is advancing the iterative design process to predict final renderings by applying artificial intelligence to ray tracing - a technique that uses complex math to realistically simulate how light interacts with surfaces in a specific space.

The ray tracing process generates highly realistic imagery but is computationally intensive, and can leave a certain amount of noise in an image. Removing this noise while preserving sharp edges and texture detail, is known in the industry as denoising. Using NVIDIA Iray, Huang showed how NVIDIA is the first to make high-quality denoising operate in real time by combining deep learning prediction algorithms with Pascal architecture-based NVIDIA Quadro GPUs.

The approach could be used by graphics-intensive industries like entertainment, product design, manufacturing, architecture, engineering and many others.

NVIDIA is already integrating deep learning techniques to its own rendering products, starting with Iray.

Existing algorithms for high-quality denoising consume seconds to minutes per frame, which makes them impractical for interactive applications. By predicting final images from only partly finished results, NVIDIA says that Iray AI produces accurate, photorealistic models without having to wait for the final image to be rendered.

Designers can iterate on and complete final images 4x faster, for a far quicker understanding of a final scene or model.

To achieve this, NVIDIA researchers and engineers turned to a class of neural networks called an autoencoder. Autoencoders are used for increasing image resolution, compressing video and many other image processing algorithms.

Using the NVIDIA DGX-1 AI supercomputer, the team trained a neural network to translate a noisy image into a clean reference image. In less than 24 hours, the neural network was trained using 15,000 image pairs with varying amounts of noise from 3,000 different scenes. Once trained, the network takes a fraction of a second to clean up noise in almost any image - even those not represented in the original training set.

Iray deep learning functionality will be included with the Iray SDK NVIDIA supplies to software companies, and exposed in Iray plugin products that the company will produce later this year.
P.S. The DGX-1, with 8 V100 chips, is $149,000... My setup, half that power, is only around $18,000 and it runs on windows. The DGX-1 requires special software and Linux, I believe. Plus, mine still plays games and the DGX-1 does not. I can simply add another 4 cards and another 1200-Watt PSU, at +$12,300 for a total of $30,300 to get that same power as the DGX-1. (I think my setup will draw more power though, at the same specs. Because it uses the actual video-cards, which the DGX-1 does not. It only uses the GPU's, and the reason it demands the special software and Linux to run.)

I won't even think about getting another 4x cards, until the house sells.

Reactions: Born2game

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Almost situated. Got most of the stuff ordered. Setup the old 65" 4K UHD T.V. that we had laying around. (Sister won it at work. The old 1080p 55" was still sufficient for what little T.V. we actually watch.)

So, since I have not had the luxury of "me time", in the last few days, since I stopped working... I decided to do some online shopping and move crap around the apartment. Working in the bedroom, with a kid running around, is NOT ideal. The second the computer is turned-on, he wants to watch youtube videos. It is a losing argument with him.

Here is some eye-dust, and a little eye-candy. (More dust than candy.) Sorry about the cheap-ass images. I am using my ghetto wallmart phone. :p

This is my old setup, for the record, it is "cut-down", due to a motherboard failure of one of the 16x PCIe connections. This had two cards in it, a few months ago. Now, it only has one GTX Titan-X. Four drives, one is external, all are/were top-of-the-line crap from 4 years ago. The old i7-4790 from my mining days, and about 16GB of RAM. (Yes, that is the original low-profile fan and heat-sink on the CPU. I actually rank in the 89th percentile on CPUmark and 97th on GPUmark. Meh... Just says I have hardware that is better than average. Those are numbers from this morning, not four years ago. :p )

Note: The other drive on the bottom is NOT external... Well, it is on the outside, but that is because it keeps "failing" to be seen in windows. It holds half my Daz3D shit, and when windows can't see the files, I have to unplug it, plug it back in, and repeat, until I hear that "new device connected" sound. Then Daz3D will load my shit. Otherwise, it just loads big blocks for all the models. Total pain in the ass to do, every time I load a new scene.
old computer.jpg

Oh, and the keyboard that matches the hardware, which is about 6 years old... Dust included!
old keyboard.jpg

This is one of the two old monitors 1080p ~22", in front of the new 65" 4K screen. 65" T.V. Energy-Star estimate = $18 a year to run the T.V. at 5 hours a day. Each of my two old monitors Energy-Star estimates is $54 = $108 a year... I would have needed two more monitors to equal the resolution, and four more, to equal that same size. (About 2 x 3 old monitors consume the same area. That is a LOT of wires and HDMI cables, and GPU overhead. This is much better. One HDMI-3 cable and one power cord.)
old vs new.jpg

This is the whole 65" setup, with my new wallpaper. Actually a "Samsung MU6500 Curved-screen".

It hangs over the full width of the desk, 8" on both sides. Over 1.5', on the back side, on each side of the desk. Oddly, it is rather secure on that stand. (Though, I normally have just a solid black screen, to stop pixel-burn and make the GPU/CPU about 1% less burdened. As well as a program that hides the 200+ icons on the desktop.) Notice that I have no rolling chair here. I didn't take that dumpster-find with me.
new 4k tv 65in.jpg

This is why I "need" a 65" 4K screen. 8K will be better, when they exist... Starting from the top...

That is Daz3D, rendering a 4K scene. You can see the render-progress below it. On the top right, is the game I am working on, actually almost ready for uploading now. The bottom left is the render, a tiny bit of it, over RenPy, so I can relaunch and recompile the game, as it is edited. The bottom center is the code that I am editing for the game. The last thing on the bottom right, is Chrome for looking shit up. Though, at the moment, I am doing more catching-up, than looking-up.
much better.jpg

Lastly, this is the full-size 4K render on the screen. No more having to scroll around to see the full 1:1 rendering. I just hit maximize!

This one has taken over 2 hours to complete, and it only stopped because it hit the time-limit. It was only rendered to about 88% with 3700+ iterations, and full of noise in the shadows. It will look fine when I remove the noise and reduce it to 1080p. However, soon I will be able to render this same scene in about 15 minutes, to this same quality. (I saved the scene, to use for a benchmark later. I am actually rendering it again, to 100%, without time-limits.)
first 4k render.jpg

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Isn't 4k a bit overkill?
No...

Yes...

Maybe...

I need to see pixels, a lot of them, all without having to depend on short-term memory and page-flipping, as I "work".

Like I said in another post. "This isn't the only thing I do with computers." I trade bitcoins/alt-coins. I research TONS of stuff, and need to see comparisons side by side. (Thus the reason I originally had two screens. Because splitting 1080p in half, is horrible.)

The only reason I even had a low-grade 1080p monitor, which was a downgrade from my actual HD monitor, was for video-streaming. Cheap streamers record best at "full screen", and most were limited to low-quality 1080p. (That is T.V. HD, not computer monitor HD, which was horribly adopted by gamers, due to consoles.)

My prior monitor, before the stupid 1080p idiocy, was an NEC 30" WQXGA IPS monitor, at 2560x1600 resolution and actual "true 32-bit" wide color. Something like 1 billion colors, out of the 4 billion, unlike the 16,000,000 that these pieces of shit 1080p monitors display. (Power-hungry beast though, and cost more than two of these 65" T.V. screens!)

The settings for my UHD T.V. and Video-Card, are 32-bits at YCbCr 4:4:4 (uncompressed), 12 bpc {hack} (TV only has 10 bpc ability).

Biggest "monitor" they make, is 43" at the moment. With 4K resolution, and it requires text/gui scaling, which is NOT desired by any professional. Nor is the $3000+ pricetag for one with true color. (LOL, coming from a guy who just paid $12,000 for four video-cards. :p )

Thus, I can edit, and produce, better than most people with just a normal RGB 1080p, old-tech monitor from the 1990's, which vampire-demon-zombies AKA: Marketing... Have regurgitated and stuffed down everyone's throats for the past 10 years. (And Youtube and the internet, in general, has "adopted", as a sick standard, due to ISP's fake "high-speed internet", which is a fraction of 20-year-old network cards speeds.)

P.S. Minecraft looks awesome in 4K... Skyrim and GTA V isn't bad... Waiting for Assassins creed origins still...

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Meanwhile I just got my first 1080p screen.
4K is the new "force-fed" standard.
8K is just around the corner...

Porn is adopting 4K faster than the rest of the world. Maybe I will make a 4K release too... That will be a first for these games!

Don't worry, it scales-down easy. All my renders are done in 4K anyways. It takes less time than waiting for a 1080p image to render to the same quality. Shhh, that's a secret trick for rendering.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
When can we expect this release and will there be any scenes?
Still trying to get it ready for release. I had more "junk" than I expected, trying to get the stupid "rollback" issue resolved. (Lots of unused code now, and some I still have to convert to "what actually works".)

??? Scenes ???

This will not have any of "my rendered scenes", in this release. I am still using the scenes from the original game. Some, as the story goes, will feel a little "out of place". However, they sort-of work. That is the other reason I wanted to go with all new rendered art. His has many limitations, as he just jumps right in to sex, after tons of nothingness, with little in between. EG, the characters don't actually do much of anything, other then sit and wait to be fucked... then they get fucked...

I have another two days of "me time", as my nephew is being watched by his grandmother. (Baby-daddies momma.)

Sep 16, 2017
Almost situated. Got most of the stuff ordered. Setup the old 65" 4K UHD T.V. that we had laying around. (Sister won it at work. The old 1080p 55" was still sufficient for what little T.V. we actually watch.)

So, since I have not had the luxury of "me time", in the last few days, since I stopped working... I decided to do some online shopping and move crap around the apartment. Working in the bedroom, with a kid running around, is NOT ideal. The second the computer is turned-on, he wants to watch youtube videos. It is a losing argument with him.

Here is some eye-dust, and a little eye-candy. (More dust than candy.) Sorry about the cheap-ass images. I am using my ghetto wallmart phone. :p

This is my old setup, for the record, it is "cut-down", due to a motherboard failure of one of the 16x PCIe connections. This had two cards in it, a few months ago. Now, it only has one GTX Titan-X. Four drives, one is external, all are/were top-of-the-line crap from 4 years ago. The old i7-4790 from my mining days, and about 16GB of RAM. (Yes, that is the original low-profile fan and heat-sink on the CPU. I actually rank in the 89th percentile on CPUmark and 97th on GPUmark. Meh... Just says I have hardware that is better than average. Those are numbers from this morning, not four years ago. :p )

Note: The other drive on the bottom is NOT external... Well, it is on the outside, but that is because it keeps "failing" to be seen in windows. It holds half my Daz3D shit, and when windows can't see the files, I have to unplug it, plug it back in, and repeat, until I hear that "new device connected" sound. Then Daz3D will load my shit. Otherwise, it just loads big blocks for all the models. Total pain in the ass to do, every time I load a new scene.
View attachment 55633

Oh, and the keyboard that matches the hardware, which is about 6 years old... Dust included!
View attachment 55634

This is one of the two old monitors 1080p ~22", in front of the new 65" 4K screen. 65" T.V. Energy-Star estimate = $18 a year to run the T.V. at 5 hours a day. Each of my two old monitors Energy-Star estimates is $54 = $108 a year... I would have needed two more monitors to equal the resolution, and four more, to equal that same size. (About 2 x 3 old monitors consume the same area. That is a LOT of wires and HDMI cables, and GPU overhead. This is much better. One HDMI-3 cable and one power cord.)
View attachment 55635

This is the whole 65" setup, with my new wallpaper. Actually a "Samsung MU6500 Curved-screen".

It hangs over the full width of the desk, 8" on both sides. Over 1.5', on the back side, on each side of the desk. Oddly, it is rather secure on that stand. (Though, I normally have just a solid black screen, to stop pixel-burn and make the GPU/CPU about 1% less burdened. As well as a program that hides the 200+ icons on the desktop.) Notice that I have no rolling chair here. I didn't take that dumpster-find with me.
View attachment 55636

This is why I "need" a 65" 4K screen. 8K will be better, when they exist... Starting from the top...

That is Daz3D, rendering a 4K scene. You can see the render-progress below it. On the top right, is the game I am working on, actually almost ready for uploading now. The bottom left is the render, a tiny bit of it, over RenPy, so I can relaunch and recompile the game, as it is edited. The bottom center is the code that I am editing for the game. The last thing on the bottom right, is Chrome for looking shit up. Though, at the moment, I am doing more catching-up, than looking-up.
View attachment 55639

Lastly, this is the full-size 4K render on the screen. No more having to scroll around to see the full 1:1 rendering. I just hit maximize!

This one has taken over 2 hours to complete, and it only stopped because it hit the time-limit. It was only rendered to about 88% with 3700+ iterations, and full of noise in the shadows. It will look fine when I remove the noise and reduce it to 1080p. However, soon I will be able to render this same scene in about 15 minutes, to this same quality. (I saved the scene, to use for a benchmark later. I am actually rendering it again, to 100%, without time-limits.)
View attachment 55640
No offebse man, but lemme jusr ask this.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TYPE SO MUCH!
Dude seriously, don't over explain or don't extend the post, many people wont read it cuz it's tooooooo loooooooong, just my opinion and advice......

U

User_215882

If anything don't have a huge grind. I'm fine having a decent grind in the game, but one of the things that pissed me off about BB is that the grind felt worthless especially the grind to get rid of Eric. If you can make the grind worthwhile Id definitely throw some cash your way. That and a better story than BB.

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I am doing it to help my sister. She is a single mother, and we got "stuck" with a 2-bedroom, while we wait for a 3-bedroom to become available.

My mother passed-away, and we had to move-out of the house, due to the house being sold.

NB4: "He lives with his mother!" (No, it was her house. She lived up north. :p But I did/do live with my sister. Helping her care for her kid, because baby-daddy is a dead-beat swine.)

He's 2... He could sleep in the closet. :p (It's a big closet!)
I'm surprised there was no "why are you bunking with your nephew and not your sister instead?" comments. It is one of, if not THE most popular genre after all.

Hey, someone had to say it :tf:

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
No offebse man, but ...
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TYPE SO MUCH!...
Because of habit, and guilt for not having this version released yet... :(

If anything don't have a huge grind. ... That and a better story than BB.
I am trying NOT to make it a grind. Where possible, I am adding random or "progressive" dialogue to give the illusion of advancement and less repetition.

I'm surprised there was no "why are you bunking with your nephew and not your sister instead?" comments. It is one of, if not THE most popular genre after all.

Hey, someone had to say it :tf:
If my sister was hot... but she is not... :p

No offence, but who the fuck needs FOUR Titan Vs? I think you got your priorities a bit mixed up here.
Here is more fuel for the fire... of that comment...

Total computer system cost, at the moment... $18,000 (Still need a desk. The rest of the stuff will all be here by Thursday, this week. Free shipping takes a while. lol.)

Two days ago, I just went to buy a car... Told the dealer I had a "budget" of $12,000 - $8,000 to spend, cash. Walked out of there spending $11,985.00 (Car {$10,208.00, Tax, tag and title) Got a 2002 Lexus SC430 (Originally a $70,000 car, with the custom work on it. Though, the price is average for it now, with 100K miles on it.) Plus, I get free carwashes and detailing at the local "Porsche", "Lexus", "Jaguar", "Toyota" and some other dealerships around here. For as long as I own the car. (Part of the luxury of buying from an awesome dealership.)

It's a hard-top convertible. The previous owner stripped and blacked-out the logos, as it was a show-car. (Still not sure why they do that.) Aftermarket rims, tinted windows, new dual-din bluetooth/wifi/dvd/multi radio and updated 1000w sound-system. Already hit 165mph, but it goes up to 185mph before it "regulates" the speed. I wasn't that brave, yet... Fucking can't even tell you are going that fast. Feels like you are doing 65 on the highway. Plus, I didn't want to blow it up and waste gas. :p

new car.jpg

Though, I cringed to spend $19 on a pair of shoes... I struggled to pay $180 for a lofted-bed setup... I use coupons to get $0.30 off a pack of cigs, from the cheapest place in town... I still walk, or ride the bus, or my electric unicycle everywhere... and use a wallmart phone for cell service. :p

Oh, and I only eat once a day, mostly from the dollar value-meal selections or deep discounted grocery store stuff. (You know, that shit which is about to expire two hours after you walk out the door.)

L

Lenor

Because of habit, and guilt for not having this version released yet... :(

I am trying NOT to make it a grind. Where possible, I am adding random or "progressive" dialogue to give the illusion of advancement and less repetition.

If my sister was hot... but she is not... :p

Here is more fuel for the fire... of that comment...

Total computer system cost, at the moment... $18,000 (Still need a desk. The rest of the stuff will all be here by Thursday, this week. Free shipping takes a while. lol.)

Two days ago, I just went to buy a car... Told the dealer I had a "budget" of $12,000 - $8,000 to spend, cash. Walked out of there spending $11,985.00 (Car {$10,208.00, Tax, tag and title) Got a 2002 Lexus SC430 (Originally a $70,000 car, with the custom work on it. Though, the price is average for it now, with 100K miles on it.) Plus, I get free carwashes and detailing at the local "Porsche", "Lexus", "Jaguar", "Toyota" and some other dealerships around here. For as long as I own the car. (Part of the luxury of buying from an awesome dealership.)

It's a hard-top convertible. The previous owner stripped and blacked-out the logos, as it was a show-car. (Still not sure why they do that.) Aftermarket rims, tinted windows, new dual-din bluetooth/wifi/dvd/multi radio and updated 1000w sound-system. Already hit 165mph, but it goes up to 185mph before it "regulates" the speed. I wasn't that brave, yet... Fucking can't even tell you are going that fast. Feels like you are doing 65 on the highway. Plus, I didn't want to blow it up and waste gas. :p

View attachment 57484

Though, I cringed to spend $19 on a pair of shoes... I struggled to pay $180 for a lofted-bed setup... I use coupons to get $0.30 off a pack of cigs, from the cheapest place in town... I still walk, or ride the bus, or my electric unicycle everywhere... and use a wallmart phone for cell service. :p

Oh, and I only eat once a day, mostly from the dollar value-meal selections or deep discounted grocery store stuff. (You know, that shit which is about to expire two hours after you walk out the door.)
Damn dude $18,000 computer, meanwhile mine costed 50 euros. Send me one of your old PCs will ya, I'm sure it's better than what I have.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Meanwhile in my country $18,000 is almost twice the average income per year:p Disproportions between countries are so frustrating...
But I hope with such a computer you'll be able to work in a comfortable and steady manner. That's something really positive for players and you as a dev so you can boost it to 20k and make it even faster:p Keep it up man cuz your project looks neat

Reactions: Lenor
Status
Not open for further replies.