Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Quick opinion... Working on the hair for the MC...

Does this look okay? (I have been looking at it for hours, while editing it. I can't honestly tell anymore.)

_son test2.png

Reactions: Born2game

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Quick opinion... Working on the hair for the MC...

Does this look okay? (I have been looking at it for hours, while editing it. I can't honestly tell anymore.)

View attachment 76893
If you could provide a couple more images, front-facing and opposite side, that would be a big help.
That way we could get a better all round look at the hair.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Slight tweak... Removed some of the poof from the top. I may tweak it more later, just individual annoying strands that need some brushing-down.

__run1.png
__run2.png
__run3.png
__run4.png

Just for comparison... this was the old hair, with all that I could possibly do to make it look human-ish...

__son test.png

ODD NOTE: The character replacing "Eric", is bald, because we didn't have many hair options left, which fit his character. (Daz has mostly feminine hair, even for men.) Instead, his fake stubble was replaced with a decent real beard. That may later be "styled" for a more "Evil" look.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
@NoesisAndNoema Thanks for the extra angles, and yes, it's a big improvement over the original hair style.

Only criticism I have is the way the hair is parted at the front.
Kind of looks like he's trying to grow a boomerang out the front of his hair.

On the plus side, it doesn't look as obnoxious as Max's hair in BB!:biggrin:

Reactions: xenos87

xenos87

May 2, 2017
Slight tweak... Removed some of the poof from the top. I may tweak it more later, just individual annoying strands that need some brushing-down.

View attachment 76999
View attachment 77000
View attachment 77001
View attachment 77002

Just for comparison... this was the old hair, with all that I could possibly do to make it look human-ish...

View attachment 77003

ODD NOTE: The character replacing "Eric", is bald, because we didn't have many hair options left, which fit his character. (Daz has mostly feminine hair, even for men.) Instead, his fake stubble was replaced with a decent real beard. That may later be "styled" for a more "Evil" look.
I don't know how difficult it would be, but maybe try and aim for something along the lines of a young-looking Chris Pine
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

or this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Actually, that is highly possible with the current hair.. but that odd part will always become part of the new style. That is not an easy task though... I do like that style better, in the spoilers.

One thing which we are doing, for this game, is trying NOT to show the MC as much. However, for when it is unavoidable, he still has to look decent. We want to try to let YOU get immersed in the story. As opposed to you just reading about some guy doing some stuff.

Rough last two days...

Got through a bunch of emotions, and when I woke, they all sucked! (Don't render when it is 10 hours past your bed-time!)

That's okay, because it let me go back and get all this shit sorted-out better. I managed to find more issues that needed to be fixed, before doing the emotions faces anyways.

Odd issues resolved...
- MC's legs didn't actually match the torso color, at the seams. Guess the old skin was so dark, he couldn't tell.
- MC's new haircut D-Former, was killing render-times and manipulation speed. Converted it into a custom morph, now it is fast again. But the file-size for the 3D asset increased. Meh...
- After fixing every characters skin-tones and shades... All the finger nails and toe nails looked odd. Resolved that with a quick fix and saved some rendering time by using the same texture for all the models. I did a similar trick with the eyes.
- Had an issue with "Eric"... His eyes, unlike the rest, are blue/grey hazel. There was some funky shit going on in that eye-material. I ripped they eyes our of MC's head, and put them in Eric. Just changed the iris to the old image. Poof, instant fast rendering eyes!
- Had a cluster-fuck of various "changes" for each character, in development. Reduced the clutter to just the needed core-files, with all the changes summed-up. Making future renders and changes, potentially easier to manage. (Especially the emotion icons.)
- Fixed a few issues with height, somehow forgotten along the way, for each model. Everyone is now the correct proportional scale and height. Now I just have to fix the scale of the house. (Daz's "best guess", for conversion of "object units", to "Daz units", is horribly incorrect. The 5'9" models almost look like dwarves in the house. Apparently they don't know how to convert inches into meters, correctly.)

So, we spent all night fighting "Smiles", for emotions, on all the characters. Nothing prefab was remotely realistic and was all horribly over-done. Like drama-class, in grade-school, overdone... Or Mime-overdone...

Two models went smooth as butter. Two were a little difficult to do. Two were a nightmare to do. However, we think we are happy with the "smile-maximums", set for each character. Now I have to dial them back, to neutral, by hand... so we get three variations for those emotions. Smile1, Smile2, Smile3, for various states of happiness, or whatever. Most emotions will be this way. Possibly being used for slight animations, in and out of emotion-states too.

I also got the preliminary hand-off demo for the incest version. Looks good. Now I can figure-out what artwork we need to rush, between the two of us. Each is going to be an entirely individual game. However, it is still just a MOD of mine. It will have some original artwork within it, obviously. I just don't want to get too far off my path. So we are keeping tabs on one another's creations.

Hopefully, with another few long days of busting my ass, I can get this first run out, soon. Just realize that NONE of the artwork in there, is set in stone...

xenos87

May 2, 2017
Great news about the hair and the progress in general (even though you've had some sucky days). It sounds like things are really shaping up now. Who exactly is developing the incest mod? I actually thought you were doing both. Is the mod going to feature original artwork based on your models or did I misunderstand that part?

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
the characters look good and i know it's supposed to be a family, BUT

please tend to vary any future chars, think of blondies, redheads, asians, etc. More variety means more fun ! ;)

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
the characters look good and i know it's supposed to be a family, BUT

please tend to vary any future chars, think of blondies, redheads, asians, etc. More variety means more fun ! ;)
They don't have the same hair color. They were made semi-uniform, for the introduction, before summer starts. There will be events that lead to more drastic character changes.

Nearly finished the isolation of the new house setup items. It was a mess before. Tedious to keep retexturing in Daz. This is the final shape of the kitchen. Textures are NOT final. I just threw some up, real fast, to test the lights and new texture-locations.

Once I get this quickly textured and populated with the room-setups, I can begin rendering game images. It will be a little rough, to start, but it will be playable.

test.jpg

That is a breakfast bar, at the close-end of the kitchen. There will be bar-stools and a wine-rack and various other daily-drop clutter there. There is a pantry in the far-right corner of the kitchen. (Various things happen there.) Behind the camera is the living room. To the left, the dining room and hallway. To the right, the foyer leading to the office/den, garage, and the front door patio.

Also, here is an older render, of the same kitchen... We were testing some GUI arrangements.

NOTE: The sink, stove and fridge are not my creations. They are just crap that I found in my Daz-Library.

test_gui.jpg

house_core.jpg

P.S. Yea, have fun trying to copy this game with prefab content. :p

I may be releasing the required files that fans need, for fan-art creations. Just not until they are worthy for release.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Great news about the hair and the progress in general (even though you've had some sucky days). It sounds like things are really shaping up now. Who exactly is developing the incest mod? I actually thought you were doing both. Is the mod going to feature original artwork based on your models or did I misunderstand that part?
The incest story is completely different. Which is a good thing. He pops-in, helping with comments to this post. "HeartlessNobody95", is doing the incest mod. He will be using much of my art and, as a favor for helping me out, I am doing some custom artwork for him and his story.

Essentially, it works like this...
1: You download mine. (Has the core-files and primary artwork)
2: You get his MOD. (He has completely individual core-accessory files, and additional artwork)
3: You put his files into mine, and he essentially hijacks my game, at that point. You get to select to play his, or mine, from that point forward.

My HD graphics-packs will work in a similar way. However, those just replace the SD files with HD 1080p, or 4K files.

Reactions: xenos87

icakicak

Jun 21, 2017
My HD graphics-packs will work in a similar way. However, those just replace the SD files with HD 1080p, or 4K files.
Hoping we can download different image quality. I'm OK with just HD 1080, no need for 4K, because my LCD just 768.

3: You put his files into mine, and he essentially hijacks my game, at that point. You get to select to play his, or mine, from that point forward.
so, we'll have two different stories? incest and not. or same story, but the incest one have extra image?

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
The incest story is completely different. Which is a good thing. He pops-in, helping with comments to this post. "HeartlessNobody95", is doing the incest mod. He will be using much of my art and, as a favor for helping me out, I am doing some custom artwork for him and his story.

Essentially, it works like this...
1: You download mine. (Has the core-files and primary artwork)
2: You get his MOD. (He has completely individual core-accessory files, and additional artwork)

This is all sounding very nice and the images posted look very nice.
- For the 'Max' hair I'd use the messier one, where his is jogging, gives him a maturer teen look; the straight crew cut makes him look like a boy/newly fledged teen.
- What I would love (looking at my monthly D/L of 50Gb so far), is patches for updates to save downloading everything everytime, that's a personal bug and I know the argument of "too busy wanting to get to the fun", but swings and roundabouts.
- Again, personally I think 4k is overkill, my 40" TV is 4k and until I use something like that as a monitor even 1080 is more than needed. But when you say SD are you talking 720 (1st gen HD, remember?) or 240?
Question has to be, it's been nearly 2 months and lots of talk and teasing since you were talking of 18k of rigs, how long now until we see a 1st (or would it be classed as 2nd) draft demo...I mean you can only keep a girl wet so long....

Oh and an ETA - you should know nothing about the mod or modder, you may not be able to stop them, but you definately should not be associated with them in any way, officially.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Oh cool you are still building a thing, I was worried you had died or fallen off the earth

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Oh cool you are still building a thing, I was worried you had died or fallen off the earth
Quite the opposite actually... I crashed into the earth...

Yes, I am coding now, getting the new GUI setup. Using some of the base-images I created so far, as the quick foundation for the initial release.

Comment on 4K...
Yes, it is overkill, at the moment. But, everything is switching to 4K. (Except DVD sales) Youtube, Phones, Laptops, TV's, Video-game systems, Computer monitors (But I think those are about to be dust in the wind).
But, still overkill, now...

Actually, RenPy craps-out if you put it in "Full Screen" (non-windowed), on a 4K monitor. Tom screwed-up something, trying to make it "better". (Yet all the posts in the RenPy forums, kind-of go against what he "thinks is better". Poor guy... He really should just stop developing and stick to marketing. Let others develop it more, and guide them.)

However, that has no impact on my moving forward. It was just a side-note.

Comment on the "file sizes"... Oh, my stuff will not be as bloated as others tend to be. However, I do plan to have some kind of leveled "updates". (Many still don't know how to do simple things in computers. Like, unzip and copy files into a location. When I start hitting a file-size that is getting to be a burden, I will lock-down and make a forward-only patch system. For those who know how to do more than unzip and run a file. For the rest, they will have no choice. They will have to download it all over again, because I am not going to instruct them on how to use computers.)

Maybe, if I stick to just windows, I can make an installer. Mac and Linux (that 10% of the world), will just have to use one of the other two methods, or get a windows computer, or windows emulator.

Short rant here... (This is just a joke, not an actual belief.)

Linux: Seriously, it's not an OS, it's just a system of operations. They are not the same thing.

Mac:
Seriously, it's not an OS, it's just an operation and a system. One button, one choice, one price, one form, one function, and 2000 colors... computing is honestly not any one of those things, or all those "one things" together.

Windows:
Seriously, it's not an OS, it's just an illusion of operations, bound to many systems, owning none, and only gets worse, and slower, in time... once they get closer to actually making it into an actual OS. Then they start a new illusion, and abandon that prior dream... um, nightmare...

What is an OS, (Operating System)... Your body... It is the only TRUE system that gets operated on, and operates as a system. It doesn't require software, but it is soft and will eventually get worn, needing an operation. It is not hardware, but all that hard wear, may require operations to get actual hardware installed, just to make you function again. At the end of the day, real operating systems expire and get replaced by new ones. Linux, Mac and Windows just won't die! They are not operating systems. That is like saying a light-switch and a light-bulb is an operating system, or a match and a candle.

Reactions: kiteares

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
So, as I said, coding has obviously re-started again... I think I am happy with what it looks like, for the introduction part. To ease the writing part, I have gone back to an older model and rendered some of the generic scenes. I have not finished isolating the new model of the house yet, so I could not use that. However, the old model wasn't entirely horrible. It was just missing some major things.

To give you an idea of where I stand, image-content wise... Here is a swatch of all the current rendered scenes.

Think of them as the "empty" versions. They are in standard first-person view. Populated scenes will actually be similar, or even these actual scenes, but known as "spots". For instance, using the kitchen as an example. There is a spot/view, of the kitchen-sink, the pantry, the fridge, the back door, the breakfast-bar, a cabinet and the stove. Those are where interactions take place, as well as the generic-view. EG, I still have a LOT more rendering to do. However, this will work, until the others are needed, beyond the introduction.

Also note... These are "noon" shots. There will be morning/evening (actually the same shots with the sun low). There will also be two versions of night-shots. One will be with the lights on and the other will be with the lights off. (More like low-light, as dark is black, without any kind of lighting.)

The interactive things, including people, will all be overlays. Pasted into the scene like a band-aid, to patch a missing spot. Though, they may actually be rendered within some specific scenes that demand it. The majority will be placed into the existing blank scenes. (It should not be noticeable, as if they were imports from another game.)

There are still a few more "room/scenes" that need to be built, before they can be rendered. These rooms, as full as they are, are not actually cluttered enough. They still need some items added to them. For expedience, I am limiting clutter until after release of the new demo. All I need to do now, besides finish writing the intro, is to create the new title-screen. Then this thread will be ignored and redirected to the "Game Thread".

Thanks for sticking with me! (Seriously, it helped me NOT QUIT.)

scenes.jpg

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
I know nothing of coding and have really only played around in Daz3d a little bit, but it's truly fascinating to get such a detailed look into what it takes to make a game and your process. And your ideas seem really good and promising (plus, you seem like a really nice guy), so I truly hope your game becomes a success and I look forward to playing it.

Reactions: NoesisAndNoema
Status
Not open for further replies.