• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vivid Days [Ep. 1 v0.1.0] [Loys]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
I'd rather wait until a definite word that the game is dead before coming to that conclusion, there could be a ton of reasons why it's taking quite a long time to come up with an update. And the dev does create monthly renders and release them on Patreon, maybe it's to give something while people wait for the update, who knows.
Aorrta 2.0. Game is dead!
The game is still in development. But i released first episode of it too early i think. At that moment i had spent (btw sorry for any mistakes in english...:rolleyes:) over a year learning Daz3D and had almost no skill in writing stories. But good game needs something more than just bunch of decent quality images and some lines of dialogues. So after release i received some feedback and realised that beginning of the story is a bit childish and it needs to be rewritten. Thanks to @Forefinger and @Anon69 for their help and wise advices about the plot and characters! That was back in December/January, but at the same time many hard things were happening in my personal life. I'm not going to find an excuse for the next update's release delay. The delay is caused by 2 main reasons:

1. Lack of professionalism (in sticking the schedule, writing skills, English skills etc...)
2. Priorities.

Now i work on a computer much less time than i worked before. Because of this i can't say exactly when the update will be released. I spend most of the time working on graphics (i like it the most) and learning how to write a story. I'm calm about the future, because I know that the following updates will be coming out. For those of you who are disappointed for any reason related to the release of the next update and/or game development - i’m sorry for that...:confused:

Loys.

Here are some images i want to share with you. I hope you will like them. :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
The game is still in development. But i released first episode of it too early i think. At that moment i had spent (btw sorry for any mistakes in english...:rolleyes:) over a year learning Daz3D and had almost no skill in writing stories. But good game needs something more than just bunch of decent quality images and some lines of dialogues. So after release i received some feedback and realised that beginning of the story is a bit childish and it needs to be rewritten. Thanks to @Forefinger and @Anon69 for their help and wise advices about the plot and characters! That was back in December/January, but at the same time many hard things were happening in my personal life. I'm not going to find an excuse for the next update's release delay. The delay is caused by 2 main reasons:

1. Lack of professionalism (in sticking the schedule, writing skills, English skills etc...)
2. Priorities.

Now i work on a computer much less time than i worked before. Because of this i can't say exactly when the update will be released. I spend most of the time working on graphics (i like it the most) and learning how to write a story. I'm calm about the future, because I know that the following updates will be coming out. For those of you who are disappointed for any reason related to the release of the next update and/or game development - i’m sorry for that...:confused:

Loys.

That's understandable, I'm just very glad that it still is in development :)
And it is all a learning experience and it takes its own time, but you'll get there, and the art is amazing, very high quality :)
Thank you for the update news, I know I'll be eagerly waiting for the update to eventually come about :)

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
That's understandable, I'm just very glad that it still is in development :)
And it is all a learning experience and it takes its own time, but you'll get there, and the art is amazing, very high quality :)
Thank you for the update news, I know I'll be eagerly waiting for the update to eventually to come about :)
Thank you for your support @Eerie Entity ! (y)

May 8, 2018

2. Priorities.

Loys.

Yeah, just like Eerie have said earlier, glad to hear that game is still in development. About learning, welp, we all learn trough all our life, so just take your time and do what you think is the best for your game. And of course, priorities are priorities, game, no matter how much we would like to get new version, can't and shouldn't be more important than RL. I know that I will still wait patiently for next update. All best man, and don't worry, ppl will always talk. You can't satisfy all of them.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

2. Priorities.

Loys.

Those are some nice renders!

Keep learning your craft, but every so often you should say something or post a teaser image, just to keep the hounds at bay.

Art3miss

Nov 8, 2018

2. Priorities.

Loys.

I apologize for what I said earlier. You are not another Aorrta. Sorry for my pool english.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
If he made a subscription on the day of the game, more people would be interested in the game, as well, just $ 22 per month for 1-2 beautiful images. Classic for idiots and dummies!

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
I told you it was Aorrta2. Only this one publishes images (for money, rofl). 5 months = 0 updates. Brilliant! ;)

Reactions: Onysko

light03

Feb 26, 2018
I understand your indignation, but 22 dollars is not serious.
Many developers get more than the budget of full-fledged games and publishes pictures for months without updating the game. In this case, he gets a little money (and with such a beginning will no longer receive), and I think you can just forget.

Inmortaliity

Feb 27, 2019
Soo, more than a month since last update on his Patreon(which he even havn't paused).. and more than a month activity on f95zone. and more than 6months since latest release..
I think the reason of "abandon/on hold" is greater than those reasons for delays.

This game had a huge potential(and still it has), but I think you need to be abit more active as a developer to than one release per, maybe year?

So sad, this game took same path as Two-Side(except all the bugs)..

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
It's the same story as "High Life" and "The Red Room". Superb HQ renders and great stuff, but abandoned after 1st release!

Reactions: Moisan4

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Soo, more than a month since last update on his Patreon(which he even havn't paused).. and more than a month activity on f95zone. and more than 6months since latest release..
I think the reason of "abandon/on hold" is greater than those reasons for delays.

This game had a huge potential(and still it has), but I think you need to be abit more active as a developer to than one release per, maybe year?

So sad, this game took same path as Two-Side(except all the bugs)..
3 patrons
$10 per month

Pretty sure the dev stopped caring. Abysmal communications killed their own game.

Reactions: Onysko

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
This is exactly what happens when devs expect to get rich with a few renders and end up making 10$, dreams crushed and quit.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Well the dev say that while he can make stunning art, it's writing that isn't his strongest suit and if I recall, he was in the process of finding a writer or something a while back.
Would indeed be nice if dev gave us progress updates frequently, but we'll see, I do hope he's still working on the game, would be a shame if a game with great art and great potential went to waste :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well the dev say that while he can make stunning art, it's writing that isn't his strongest suit and if I recall, he was in the process of finding a writer or something a while back.
Would indeed be nice if dev gave us progress updates frequently, but we'll see, I do hope he's still working on the game, would be a shame if a game with great art and great potential went to waste :)
Maybe he then should contact a dev like ASLPRO from Wicked Choices. I suspect he could do great work there and mybe even can get Jack to write for him if he is freed up from making renders himself:p Or another dev that is a good writer.

Inmortaliity

Feb 27, 2019
It's the same story as "High Life" and "The Red Room". Superb HQ renders and great stuff, but abandoned after 1st release!
Wait wha!? High Life are abandoned too!? :oops:

*checking patreon for clues*

Edit:
Yup, same pattern there....:cry:
Hopefully not games like Summer's Gone goes the same path now..

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes