VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vivid Days [Ep. 1 v0.1.0] [Loys]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

jpostel

Jul 4, 2017
Some of this is down to cultural differences. The entire Russian (and Ex-Soviet) culture is as different from Western cultures in some respects as the Japanese culture. There's a cop show on Netflix called 'Silver Spoon' about a wealthy heir going to work for the police force where the cultural differences make it seem to the Western viewer like a bad and shallow farce - we can't believe cops can be so amateurish, so petty, or that people are so swayed by money for an instant, but it plays very differently in Russian culture.

For those reasons, I always think that Russian and East-European games need more than just straight translation - they need someone that can actually translate the concepts and cultural references too. Otherwise the devs just need to accept it won't translate well to a western audience that finds these things unbelievable and extreme.
Totally agree. Random example in the reverse: I responded to a comment in another game where someone (from Spain maybe?) was wondering why the family in the game was eating at 6PM (18:00) and I had to explain that it is totally normal in the US. Things that are local culture norms can easily be lost in translation.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Incidentally, I really need to ask, @Loys how you got to this mastery of lighting, because that more than anything is what sets these renders at such an insanely gorgeous look. The use of lighting and filters is just stunning. Did you do real life photography or videography before working with DAZ or has this all been learned in the virtual studio?

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Wow, put off playing this for a while, but I wish I didn't. Everything about this is gorgeous, English is mostly good too. Just wish it was longer, thank you!

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
so what is it with all of these games and photography? yet another one where the MC, who is a massage therapist, has to take pictures of models, it's almost becoming one of those staples of sexual games

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
Im personally perfectly fine with both massage and photography, have both fetishes and tbh... after playing so many games of this type i barely give a sh!t about pretentious stories anymore. I prefer a light-hearted, funny and utterly unrealistic story you can chuckle at while fapping.

Amazing renders in this one... wierd noone mentioned it yet ;)

Reactions: Loys

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
that is true I suppose, I mean I do still play them lol, its just something I noticed is becoming a common theme for these games

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
Incidentally, I really need to ask, @Loys how you got to this mastery of lighting, because that more than anything is what sets these renders at such an insanely gorgeous look. The use of lighting and filters is just stunning. Did you do real life photography or videography before working with DAZ or has this all been learned in the virtual studio?
Thank you @RogueKnightUK ! There is a nice video tutorial called 'Skin Shading Essentials' from V3Digitimes. I've learned a lot from that. About the light, subsurface skattering etc... Although it took a lot of time - i didn't get lots of things (mostly some technical information) because of the language barrier.:D So i watched it again and again until i understood what the author is talking about!..:unsure:

No, i don't do any life photography. I started learning Daz3d last year after playing such games as 'Dreams of Desire' and 'Big Brother'.

@Loys Grace is gorgeous. If you don't mind me asking, what assets did you use to create her?
I don't remember right now. I'll a have a look at the Daz project and will tell you later. :) Thanks by the way!

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018

Hi everyone! At the moment i'm working on Episode 2 of 'Vivid Days'. I'll do my best to release it this month. Today i want to present you updated images of Shannon. I was not satisfied with the quality of how she looked on renders in Episode 1. So i've changed some settings. Of course, it took some time to remake the images which were already rendered. But i'm sure it was worth it! Her figure and face are the same as before but now she looks a bit more realistic. I've also changed her hair. The previous one looked untidy. The haircut is also new. I hope you will like the new look of Shannon!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And another preview... ;)

Episode 2 Preview 1.png

May 8, 2018

Hi everyone! At the moment i'm working on Episode 2 of 'Vivid Days'. I'll do my best to release it this month. Today i want to present you updated images of Shannon. I was not satisfied with the quality of how she looked on renders in Episode 1. So i've changed some settings. Of course, it took some time to remake the images which were already rendered. But i'm sure it was worth it! Her figure and face are the same as before but now she looks a bit more realistic. I've also changed her hair. The previous one looked untidy. The haircut is also new. I hope you will like the new look of Shannon!

And another preview... ;)

View attachment 200905
First of all, damn, bud, your renders are one of the best I have seen in games which I have played, and believe me I have played over 100 titles till now. Second, even though you have changed some things on Shannon in my opinion she were perfect earlier, now, well, I don't like her new haircut, but someone maybe will. Anyway, keep up with good work and I'm looking forward to see what's new in future updates. All best.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Nice start!!
Lovely models!

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
First of all, damn, bud, your renders are one of the best I have seen in games which I have played, and believe me I have played over 100 titles till now. Second, even though you have changed some things on Shannon in my opinion she were perfect earlier, now, well, I don't like her new haircut, but someone maybe will. Anyway, keep up with good work and I'm looking forward to see what's new in future updates. All best.
Thanks for your feedback!! (y)

Wait what?
It's the same genesis and hair as Melody :)
The hair is probably the same, but not sure about Genesis. Grace is based on FWSA Bonnie. :)

Nice start!!
Lovely models!
Thank you!!(y)

Haven't had the time to try this game yet, will do so soon as it looks really good...
You're welcome @MrKnobb ! ;)

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018

Hi everyone! I have some news for you. I'm working on the next update for the game. It's going to be released in January because I want Episode 2 to have more content than Episode 1. I have already finished making more than 120 new images, and I hope you will enjoy playing the next version of the game.

And for F95zone forum members i have some special renders! Two exclusive images i made for you! Thank you for your support!

181226 NY Ruins v1.0.Grace F95 Special 3300s FHD 1.png 181215 Christmas Corridor v1.0.9 3400s FHD F95 Special.png

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes