Others None [Translation Request] Cross Days [v1.00b] [0verflow]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

BannedBeast

Apr 26, 2020
I would only wish you luck, because I started with Cross Days Project some time ago as well, but I gave up, the limit of 58 characters and 41k lines are way too much impossible for 1 person translation.
Care to add my installation guide? I think a lot of people would feel better if they're facing installation problems. Not forcing though, just saying.
Tsk. Bad luck, some personal stuff happened. Cancelling it yall, im sorry

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Tsk. Bad luck, some personal stuff happened. Cancelling it yall, im sorry
Don't worry, this game is dead for everyone else, so it's not a big deal.
As for translating this game, it's really hard to do it personally or in a team with 1-4 people, especially when you have bad knowledge of the language/using machinery translation for over 41k lines in Japanese with 58 character limits and 11 characters on choices(which is a huge problem).

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Now is a good time for me to probably mention (especially after such a long time) that while I initially wanted to do the same thing to translate the game, the big issue with it is exactly as mentioned earlier

the limit of 58 characters and 41k lines are way too much impossible for 1 person translation.
For me, it's not exactly the 41k lines (though that WOULD be a long time for someone like me, who doesn't even know Japanese to begin with, and planning to just machine translate, but also revise the lines to read better and make sense and what not regardless), it's specifically the 58 character limit that's troubling.

If you compare this game to one of the official english Days releases (School Days HQ and Shiny Days), you'll notice that there's more than just two lines per dialogue, but three, (four or five max???), and the text is smaller to fit more when it needs to. If the 58 character limit, text size and font could be expanded and changed to either what School Days HQ or Shiny Days had in their respective English Releases, then making translations for this game would become a complete game-changer.

I looked into seeing if someone could help out with that as well, but that's where I've been at a dead end at for so long, that it just didn't seem feasible. It's another classic case of being way in over one's head again, to sum it all up.

Reactions: nikita1114

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Now is a good time for me to probably mention (especially after such a long time) that while I initially wanted to do the same thing to translate the game, the big issue with it is exactly as mentioned earlier

For me, it's not exactly the 41k lines (though that WOULD be a long time for someone like me, who doesn't even know Japanese to begin with, and planning to just machine translate, but also revise the lines to read better and make sense and what not regardless), it's specifically the 58 character limit that's troubling.

If you compare this game to one of the official english Days releases (School Days HQ and Shiny Days), you'll notice that there's more than just two lines per dialogue, but three, (four or five max???), and the text is smaller to fit more when it needs to. If the 58 character limit, text size and font could be expanded and changed to either what School Days HQ or Shiny Days had in their respective English Releases, then making translations for this game would become a complete game-changer.

I looked into seeing if someone could help out with that as well, but that's where I've been at a dead end at for so long, that it just didn't seem feasible. It's another classic case of being way in over one's head again, to sum it all up.
You did a good notice about the 58 character limitation and in the other Days games which got localized. But as far as I know, their engines were a little modified to allow more text to be inserted for both dialogue and choices. Overall nowadays this game HAS to be updated if it wants to be reviewed by anyone who's interested just to install and run.

Reactions: KekKoo

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Finally got every game endings. The last trap scenes are just very messed up, lol. Can't believe that I waited for over 10 years just to play this game one day, now I'm satisfied.

belatucadrus

Apr 7, 2019
I'm still wondering which machine translator you used. Textractor isn't translating at all and Game2Text misses lines

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
I'm still wondering which machine translator you used. Textractor isn't translating at all and Game2Text misses lines
You're still having problems with the translation? Works perfectly fine for me.
Alright, gonna tell you every step I make when translating:
1st - Open the game via Locale Emulator, and open the Textractor as an admin in x86 folder.
2nd - After the game is in the main menu, and your Textractor is opened, hook the Textractor on the Cross Days.
3rd - When it hooks, wait a while so that all hooks insert. Then, proceed to add custom hook as I have one in ny installation guide.
4th - Hook should be inserted in the game, if it's not hooking, switch the compatibility of Cross Days to Vista(SP3).
5th - Check your modifications - there should be a lot of useless garbage. You should have DeepL translation, other is for your usage and preferences (aka Extra Window and etc).
6th - Start the game, find your custom hook after the text appears on the screen. It should automatically translate it already.

Say any problems you face with each part.

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone who's still alive on this thread.
Recently I've examined the Cross Days once more and finally concluded to fix some parts of my guide. I've uploaded on my guide both the BOX version(I highly recommend it to the Windows 7 and newer OS users) and the Legacy one(aka that one, which came after you bought your game back in 2010 with patches).
+ I've simplified a walkthrough guide, it's located as well in the "Misc" in my guide, should be pretty easy to get endings you want in the game(it's Visualized now).

Also, fun fact of the day: if you had never played the trial version from 0verflow of Cross Days they had left on their official site, then you don't know how much devs had reworked 1st chapter of the game. It is unknown if they had continued to rework the game.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: KekKoo

based_god

Jan 4, 2022
Hello everyone who's still alive on this thread.
Recently I've examined the Cross Days once more and finally concluded to fix some parts of my guide. I've uploaded on my guide both the BOX version(I highly recommend it to the Windows 7 and newer OS users) and the Legacy one(aka that one, which came after you bought your game back in 2010 with patches).
+ I've simplified a walkthrough guide, it's located as well in the "Misc" in my guide, should be pretty easy to get endings you want in the game(it's Visualized now).

Also, fun fact of the day: if you had never played the trial version from 0verflow of Cross Days they had left on their official site, then you don't know how much devs had reworked 1st chapter of the game. It is unknown if they had continued to rework the game.
I downloaded about 43% and then all the peers disappeared (there were about 3). Can you seed the torrent please? I downloaded from your guide and I don't know if your torrent is different from that on the site.

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
I downloaded about 43% and then all the peers disappeared (there were about 3). Can you seed the torrent please? I downloaded from your guide and I don't know if your torrent is different from that on the site.
my torrent is being seeded right now, but it was updated not long time ago, try to download torrent file again

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
the torrent file is needed to be fixed ATM, I've linked MEGA and Terabox in the guide(credits to Ryuugames), download from there
I'll try to fix torrent ASAP

Reactions: based_god

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
the torrent should be updated now, you'll have to download it again from my guide(sorry for that one), report any problems you face with it without any hesitation
I am leaving MEGA and Terabox in the guide in case something goes wrong/any other reason

based_god

Jan 4, 2022
the torrent should be updated now, you'll have to download it again from my guide(sorry for that one), report any problems you face with it without any hesitation
I am leaving MEGA and Terabox in the guide in case something goes wrong/any other reason
Yeah it works now, thanks. Now I'll try to install this shit and don't lose my mind

Reactions: nikita1114

tombombadinho

Sep 22, 2021
Don't worry, this game is dead for everyone else, so it's not a big deal.
As for translating this game, it's really hard to do it personally or in a team with 1-4 people, especially when you have bad knowledge of the language/using machinery translation for over 41k lines in Japanese with 58 character limits and 11 characters on choices(which is a huge problem).
I would love to see this translated

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Hey guys, what's up.
It's been a while, but finally I managed myself get the translation step in my guide finished good enough.
Now it has everything: the fully remade installation steps for Textractor(with some pictures) and more detailed instructions for making your own translation. I also added Spanish translation(I've rearchived their translation and some files from the Cross Days Project, so you won't have to suffer with mixing them).
Their Spanish ScriptConv(a file, which is used for inserting translated text) is there. If you want to try making 40k lines translation on English – give it a go.
Enjoy.

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone, who's alive on this thread.

The anniversary, that we shouldn't keep away, is almost right here(or already happened in some regions).

On March 19th, 2010 Cross Days was released. Now, 12 years had passed and this game continues its strive towards recognizing it's possibilities and ideas that were ignored by the 0verflow community for some reason.
This game deserves to be popular, deserves to be known at least on the level of Shiny Days. But the truth of the reality isn't always bright as we may imagine it.

I had made a very long review in my guide, there are some facts and guesses you might like to check them out.
I've also updated my guide with adding Misc stuff with books(2 of 3 are available, you may help me any time) and other stuff.

This speech may look long, but I am happy that I got into this game one day. Still not disappointed.

Happy 12 years Anniversary, Cross Days!

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes