Others None [Translation Request] Cross Days [v1.00b] [0verflow]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

hawxseven

Jun 7, 2020
good god, tried to use machine trans on this game back few years ago.
does it better now?

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
good god, tried to use machine trans on this game back few years ago.
does it better now?
As from my experience, it should be better, the DeepL translation got better. There is also a Sugoi Translation, IDK how exactly it works. The only problem – are the names of the characters.

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Hey guys, long time, no news from here.
If you know, I had already noticed in my guide review that this game was most likely cut with many content being removed. I still have no idea why it's like that or what was the real reason, but here's what I have:

Recently, I’ve decided to take a look inside the game subtitles(or even try to translate them). My discovery was the fact that I had found some lines which aren’t in the vanilla game in any way, and it’s impossible to get them from playing the game.

Example: lines of Chie talking to Makoto and having H-scene later(they confess each other somehow, Chie doesn't even know him, it’s kinda cringe). Or Roka being dominated by Otome in the toilet while having sex with Yuuki, while in another route it's Roka being dominant to Otome and asking Yuuki to “punish” her for what she did to her. Plus for Roka, she is able to be with us at our computer watching our games(loli shit, MILF and even basketball in separate lines). There are extra dialogues of Kasannoin and Yae having sex(bruh). Some lines for the Kuroda and many more...

I might’ve missed something in all of these 41k lines of subtitles, but… This is so messed up. Maybe it was too much for them to implement it all once, or it was so trashy, that much, so the Shiny Days with Kokoro funny things and mother harems' is nothing compared to this.

• Sad
Reactions: based_god

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
It appears that dgVoodoo fixes crashes and possible problems with the game (aka full-screen freeze and x32 crash).
I've tested it a bit, and I'd say that I am surprised with the results.
Not with the nuances, my PC's performance was way slower with turned on game. I think it's not a huge issue.

The guide is updated with info on this at Step 5, but, of course, you can do it all by yourself.

Keep in mind that it's a POSSIBLE solution. If it STILL crashes, then… Well, I tried.

Modnarrrr

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks to the new guide it finally works! Thank you nikita1114 !
Maybe it's too much to ask, but you have a complete save? I have been playing for several days and there is many endings and scenes missing T.T

Reactions: IloveTraps

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
It appears that dgVoodoo fixes crashes and possible problems with the game (aka full-screen freeze and x32 crash).
I've tested it a bit, and I'd say that I am surprised with the results.
Not with the nuances, my PC's performance was way slower with turned on game. I think it's not a huge issue.

The guide is updated with info on this at Step 5, but, of course, you can do it all by yourself.

Keep in mind that it's a POSSIBLE solution. If it STILL crashes, then… Well, I tried.
Do you think dgVoodoo would fix the problems with Shiny Days as well? I'd probably still have to do the priority and CPU core fix, but as of right now that wasn't working on its own. I tried doing windowed and that still didn't work and neither did putting it into XP SP3 compatibility mode. I had to reduce my computers screen resolution from 4K, which is my native, down to 720p so that the games window took up most of the screen since you can't resize it.

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Do you think dgVoodoo would fix the problems with Shiny Days as well? I'd probably still have to do the priority and CPU core fix, but as of right now that wasn't working on its own. I tried doing windowed and that still didn't work and neither did putting it into XP SP3 compatibility mode. I had to reduce my computers screen resolution from 4K, which is my native, down to 720p so that the games window took up most of the screen since you can't resize it.
Sorry for late respond. Did you give it a try? dgVoodoo seems to fix many issues, that are connected to the older games. It actually fixed crashes in CD, of which I am surely happy.

Karther18

Jan 7, 2023
Can I send someone my files so they can see what I'm missing because this Guide is confusing this is the third time I tried the patch and it didn't work!

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Can I send someone my files so they can see what I'm missing because this Guide is confusing this is the third time I tried the patch and it didn't work!
Hey, I can check your problem. What exactly occurs: an error code or your game simply freezes after some time? Maybe you crash upon opening the game? Please detail with sending screenshots(in spoilers)

Karther18

Jan 7, 2023
Can I send my files to anyone who knows how this works I'm struggling at the patch my textractor won't find my hook I even used the code I really want to play this game please help

Karther18

Jan 7, 2023
Hey, I can check your problem. What exactly occurs: an error code or your game simply freezes after some time? Maybe you crash upon opening the game? Please detail with sending screenshots(in spoilers)
Hey my game launches fine I have Locale emulator installed the only difference between mine and the guide is that I'm using a different installer to install my game because the setup.exe won't install anything I also am not using the disk drive emulator because my game is not the disc version I have the download version 1.00b my game opens fine but textractor doesn't detect my game's hook I even used the code in the guide I tried patching the game but it was really confusing I can show you what my files look like if needed I really want to play this game! thanks in advance!

Karther18

Jan 7, 2023
Here are the picture by picture of how I install it
Picture order 1. The installer I use 2. My installer folder 3. My setup folder 4. Folder my game is in 5. Proof that my game works fine 6. The compatibility setting for my Cross days 7. The updater (Wrongly) saying I don't have cross days installed 8. Proof I used the hook code from the guide 9. the hook not appearing in textractor P.S. My game is installed on a hard drive Installer.PNG Folder.PNG setup folder.PNG Cross days folder.PNG Proof.png compadibility.PNG error 1.PNG Hook proof.PNG Hook error.png

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
Here are the picture by picture of how I install it
Picture order 1. The installer I use 2. My installer folder 3. My setup folder 4. Folder my game is in 5. Proof that my game works fine 6. The compatibility setting for my Cross days 7. The updater (Wrongly) saying I don't have cross days installed 8. Proof I used the hook code from the guide 9. the hook not appearing in textractor P.S. My game is installed on a hard drive View attachment 2294081 View attachment 2294085 View attachment 2294086 View attachment 2294087 View attachment 2294090 View attachment 2294091 View attachment 2294095 View attachment 2294097 View attachment 2294099
Did you check this box in the Textractor? It should have the userhook itself and other hooks there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nikita1114

Apr 20, 2019
This is what it looks like for me The updater says that cross days isn't installed for some reason
Here's my possible solution: try to install the game on the main drive (C) "C:\Overflow\CrossDays". It was noted above that it works only in root drives for some reason. The updater should work as well.
As for the Textractor: when finished above, run Textractor.exe in x86 folder with administrator rights. When you've opened textractor, lauch the game, wait for it to load, attach to the game and add my hook. When Japanese subtitles appear, check it again.

If it doesn't work, simply download my BOX version. It's faster, better and the guide itself is aimed for it, mostly. + You don't need to update anything.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes