3.10 star(s) 10 Votes

"Next" Custom character

• Total voters

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
Definitely needs proofreading. If not by a person, I'd at least suggest a free program like Grammarly. Also, there are a lot of walls, trees, cars, and other objects that don't have barriers to keep you from walking through/over them. Still, I'll keep an eye on this.

wolas3214

Sep 29, 2019
Lots of missing collision and triggers are pretty messed up seeing as you can repeat the same events even after going down a path(Notably getting trapped next to the cashier if you leave through the front after killing her or leaving out back and mind controlling the cashier back to life.). Has anyone managed to actually get the poison? I assume the stairs in the backroom are supposed to lead to it but they don't seem to work.

Outside of the obvious technical issues a 'first game' would have the writing is extremely sparse for a lot of the lewds. Not even a single paragraphs worth in the necro scenes. Something I'd change/improve since the writing in a lewd game like this is going to do so much more heavy lifting than stock animations and models.

Zolfried

May 31, 2017
lots of spelling errors, lots of bugs.. crazy many places you can walk off map and go on inside walls reach inaccessible areas etc, many dialogue triggers dont have a closing trigger, so when you backtrack a bit you get old dialogue all over again..

1 example: the crystal telling you to touch it and revive the priestess, happends even when you walk past it again later when going back to the city.

But, i do like the story so far, its interesting, and the tags are something i like as well.. i understand necroph. isn't for everyone, but its just a game so i dont care or mind. to me its the same as those games where you break their mind till theyre just a puppet and then have sex with them.
While the concept of the story and the world is interesting. it sounds like you havent given too much thought of the scope of the game. It can be good to frame yourself to a world with 4-8-13 of these orbs to light up. and plan your story around that. rather then have no number and youre stuck writing a never ending story untill you run out of steam and the game gets abandoned.
But anyways, i like it so far, and wish you luck on the project (y)

Reactions: Vaelin Sorna

adsgvf

Nov 25, 2017
Thanks for the response. This is my first game so I'm not the most experienced so that could answer why there's a lack of polish. I'm planning on improving some of the basic stuff so is there anything in particular you want to see improved?

regarding the current demo, youve prolly already seen other people comment on it, but its pathing. a lot of items that should be solid you can just walk through, and you can straight up walk into the room with the soldiers and past them into the room with the orb by walking through the wall.

besides that, the hp and mp bars and text arent aligned with the party slots if you open the menu, the spells have no descriptions, theres a lot of typos (which are at least consistent so im guessing english isnt your first language), and the first landlady scene and second priestess scene are broken, the models doing weird shit.

as for what id like to see, theres 2 possible scenes you couldve put in that seem like wasted chances: doing something with the guard while shes mind controlled and doing something with the soldier before you enter the orb room. i understand that this is basically a demo so you could only put in so much, but im hoping to see them in the future.

one big bug tho, if you leave the area while controlling the guard (either entering the sewers or no clipping into the orb room) and try to return, the mc gets teleported into the fucking shadow realm at the bottom of the map and you have no way to talk with him again, which means you have to load the game or get fucked.

a minor nitpick is that for the character portraits dont match their models, so if theres some way to upload your own portraits instead of trying to make the best match with the rpg maker portraits that would be nice. besides that, the mcs sprite gets changed when you control the guard and the 2 male soldiers briefly flash into other sprites when you talk to their corpses

also, while its cool that you get a gallery at the end of it, it would be nice if the earlier scenes were also there

Last edited:

Cimory

Sep 7, 2020
List to my favorit game nice intial release i like Combination mind control/possesion and skin suit, wait for next update

Bandai_)))))

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
regarding the current demo, youve prolly already seen other people comment on it, but its pathing. a lot of items that should be solid you can just walk through, and you can straight up walk into the room with the soldiers and past them into the room with the orb by walking through the wall.

besides that, the hp and mp bars and text arent aligned with the party slots if you open the menu, the spells have no descriptions, theres a lot of typos (which are at least consistent so im guessing english isnt your first language), and the first landlady scene and second priestess scene are broken, the models doing weird shit.

as for what id like to see, theres 2 possible scenes you couldve put in that seem like wasted chances: doing something with the guard while shes mind controlled and doing something with the soldier before you enter the orb room. i understand that this is basically a demo so you could only put in so much, but im hoping to see them in the future.

one big bug tho, if you leave the area while controlling the guard (either entering the sewers or no clipping into the orb room) and try to return, the mc gets teleported into the fucking shadow realm at the bottom of the map and you have no way to talk with him again, which means you have to load the game or get fucked.

a minor nitpick is that for the character portraits dont match their models, so if theres some way to upload your own portraits instead of trying to make the best match with the rpg maker portraits that would be nice. besides that, the mcs sprite gets changed when you control the guard and the 2 male soldiers briefly flash into other sprites when you talk to their corpses

also, while its cool that you get a gallery at the end of it, it would be nice if the earlier scenes were also there
Yeah, Rpgmaker's default sprites are not amazing. I thought I had solved that but It seems that there's probably some stupid tile that's still crossable, I'll try and change that. Funny enough, I actually am an english speaker but the game systems just doesn't give you indication that there was misspellings so I've had to rely on eyeballing it, is there a better way?
The Hp bar and MP bars glitch came from a plugin I believe, I' honestly not sure how to fix that but combat also isn't my focus so not a large priority.
The big bug is probably just something up with event flags so I can do that but I wasn't so sure for sprite work. I just did the minimum becuase I wasn't expecting them to be super important. Easy fix with the gaurds tho.
Is there an easy way of making an RPGmaker gallery? If so, I'll try and implement it.
Thanks

adsgvf

Nov 25, 2017
Funny enough, I actually am an english speaker but the game systems just doesn't give you indication that there was misspellings so I've had to rely on eyeballing it, is there a better way?

Is there an easy way of making an RPGmaker gallery? If so, I'll try and implement it.
Thanks
you could use grammarly but i hear it wont allow you to use certain words related to sex, or even euphenisms for it, so you could also just get someone else to be your beta reader

the only thing i can think of is to just copy and paste the sprites and event flags that get you the scenes, but im not a game dev so i couldnt tell you how. in every rpg maker game that ive seen tho a gallery is just a room full of npc sprites and you interact with them to start a scene. if one npc has multiple scenes then usually they also have multiple sprites in the gallery

if you do go the beta reader route gimme a shout, id be interested in doing it

Bandai_)))))

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
you could use grammarly but i hear it wont allow you to use certain words related to sex, or even euphenisms for it, so you could also just get someone else to be your beta reader

the only thing i can think of is to just copy and paste the sprites and event flags that get you the scenes, but im not a game dev so i couldnt tell you how. in every rpg maker game that ive seen tho a gallery is just a room full of npc sprites and you interact with them to start a scene. if one npc has multiple scenes then usually they also have multiple sprites in the gallery

if you do go the beta reader route gimme a shout, id be interested in doing it
Hm, a beta reader could be nice. For now though, is there a way to get all text in one notepad or something? If you know let me know.
As for gallery, yeah I just realized I've also seen that before. seems easy so I'll see if i can add that as well/

Fallen Branch

Mar 1, 2020
You should realy make sur that all your event/npc have a default state or else it's gonna be to easy for the player to sequence break (forward and backward) wich can easily lead to a softlock. In RPG Maker, this should translate in the first page/tab being the default and the nexts being the conditionnels I believe.

adsgvf

Nov 25, 2017
Hm, a beta reader could be nice. For now though, is there a way to get all text in one notepad or something? If you know let me know.
As for gallery, yeah I just realized I've also seen that before. seems easy so I'll see if i can add that as well/
im gonna assume you dont have it saved somewhere so if youre asking if you can pull it out of the game files, i have no idea. like i said, not a dev, never used rpg maker. best i could tell you is to start writing your script on a google doc or smth, do the needed corrections there, and THEN slap it into the game.

soundkitkiller

Mar 14, 2022
What do i do to get the poison ?
go to store talk to clerk, then you can buy it or steal it and rob the place/kill clerk then go to back of store for mind control/clerk party member, then interact with desk then cabinet next to backdoor, hope that helps.

Last edited:

KurodaYuki

Jun 13, 2020
is there already content with freya, since the preview images have shown her but I dont have anything left to interact with after my room mate came home

Tacojax

Dec 5, 2019
some sort of quest log/tracker would be nice i had to come here to find out where to get the poison lol but its a nice game so far

May 11, 2023
I played the demo and it exceeded my expectations, my only complaints are the one's people are already saying but the positive's are great, animations are rare for a rpgm game and look good, and I like how you can have multiple ways of approaching the problem of getting poison, this game looks like it has great potential so good luck.

Reactions: AniBB360
3.10 star(s) 10 Votes