RPGM - The Last Necromancer [v3.6] [Bandai_)))))]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ChaseMagic

Maybe it's not a professional AAA game, but it's a heck of a lot of fun anyhow. The story is actually quite good, too. Granted one doesn't really play a game like this for the gameplay, but if this was the story in a commercial JRPG it would certainly pass muster.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Mephistofeles

Still clearly early in development, but interesting and original premise, very well implemented and with many posibilities thanks to the guest characters. The gameplay is your generic rpmaker game, it was a little unbalanced in the first releases, but the dev seems to haven improved it a lot. My only complain and suggerence would be to be careful to not make MC a generic rpg good guy. This game has really dark fetishes, and thats perfectly ok, but trying to make the MC a good guy trying to stop some evil dude or organization generates a big disconection between plot and themes, and you dont want that. Look at games here that use an evil MC to its full potential for inspiration, not other RPGs. MC here has moments that feel like an absolute monster, and others that already have shonen main character syntoms. Other than that, i love the story and really want it to continue. Specially with the sister, give me my strong girl undead slave!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GlitchMaker010

The game has a lot of details that could be improved or polished. And normally, I would list some of my complaints and opinions in a detailed matter, but I know that Bandai is still an amateur Game Developer, and as such, he's still learning how to improve the game's quality and add more content.

In a way, I emphatize with this kind of dedication. Despite most of the players giving bad reviews due to how crude the content is and how confusing the story looks, I still believe that The Last Necromancer is part of a long forgotten era when people seen the RPGM as a doorway towards Game Design, some kind of training where you could get used to how games work and further improve yourself while testing it.

And for that reason, I'll give this game a 5/5. Keep up with a good job, Bandai. I'm sure that with a little more polishing, this game will become great.

P.S: As a personal opinion, I believe that the characters would look better for future projects if their skin turned into a light pale instead of a grey-ish tone. Mostly because it doesn't make sense for a body that's been recently killed to "decompose" that quickly. Instead, turning them pale would be a good option instead, since it would only imply low oxygen in their body due to the lack of blood flow.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Scy7he

ngl I only tried this game to see how this genre would be handled but holy shit the game is bad...

I feel like the only way to redeem this game is to scrap this game and rewrite the story from scratch with better game logic, better looking characters, and better renders

the game as is right now feels unplayable within just 5 minutes of playing...it is riddled with bugs and has a quest log that doesn't work coz it tells us the steps to do AFTER you do them, which defeats the whole purpose of it

this game to actually become decent needs a lot of recoding the game logic and well as re-rendering to fix...so I feel it might be better for the dev to actually learn about those things properly and redo everything
  5. 1.00 star(s)

jed999

Not a good game at all, the level of difficulty and options are not in sync the game has zero planning and flow. It looks like somone took the stock recourses and threw them into a plot and the added necro in lieu of any sort of planning or plot.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Damn I like this

The concept's interesting and all but the only downside is that it's still in development so some features are buggy such as and words aren't perfect yet but it's still interesting regardless
  7. 1.00 star(s)

ara1111

Tried it thinking the reviews may be out of date. Its v 2.2. Surely it must have improved? NO. Not even slightly.

Right from the very first scene, almost every 'I' is not capatalized. That should be a V.1.1 fix.
    If you want to exit areas, you hug transitions. But for some reason almost every transition forces you to hug 1 specific tile rather than the entire edge, so you may not even notice some areas can be visited.
    Its full of empty, pointless areas.
    The sex sceens are like 2 static images long and look like crap.
    MC fucks his mom with absolutely no issue while she's literally a corpse 5 mins in when he's supposed to be grieving. ???. Is he a schizo? Why's he so casual about this? He then proceeds to rage about killing a chick later, despite that being a given.
    MC just develops new powers as the plot demands. You get given the power to control the dead, that's it. That's all you are taught. That's the narrative. 1 screen later, you're mind-controlling. ???. When did we learn this? When did we learn to heal?
    You can often walk through walls.
    You can sometimes see yourself from future scenes before they trigger through walls.
    Right after KILLING the woman you mind-control with the mind-control power you have and punishing your zombie, literally right after, like maybe 15 seconds later, MC says "its not like I've ever killed anyone before"
    ????
    ???????
    It was JUST a plot point he did. In the same room. She's nearly still on screen.
    Scenes are also never tagged as done when you watch them. Like you talk to guy who gives you book, talk again to see if he says anything different. No. He redoes his entire speach every time. This is the most basic shit. Its literally a binary check.
    At one point you control a store clerk. You mind control her from a window. You can then exit her store, walk to that window, then mind control her as herself. Recursive mind control. How does this even happen? This left me stuck as that clerk, with seemingly no way to turn back to normal. I then proceeded to murder the clerk (which the mc says "its just one more lolf despite being a supposed moral horizon to kill 5 mins ago (despite having killed 5 mins before that), the fact she's a random civilian innocent who has done nothing to wrong him never even crosses his mind) and rape her. This STILL left me in her body. But her sprite when dead has green hair, so now there's 2 of the same character on screen who don't look the same.
    ???
    THEN I went to use my new wine I got from this, which should be poisoned but apparently never was because I clicked the glowing points in the wrong order or something glitched I don't know, then take it to go poison the guards. The gate I'm supposed to interact with was gone. So I go to possess the guard he killed earlier, which brings back the gate, but leaves me as the shopkeeper leading her, still not letting me open it. So I head back and see MYSELF. And I recruit MYSELF. So now I am the shopkeeper leading MYSELF and my zombie. The MC is now character 2.

This is when I gave up. This is all within the first 30 mins on ver 2.2. Literally everything is poorly written, literally everything is buggy. Its genuinely impressive how bad it is. How many bugs. How little the writing makes sense.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

dsfhtr111

this game hase a lot of potentiol and the things that are curetly ther are realy good. but there are a few problems, for example a lot oft the walls can juste be walked through like in the alley, alwso if you would go thro the wrong dore in the store, you get stuck beheind the wommen. but all in all i like this game
  9. 3.00 star(s)

soundkitkiller

new idea for rpgm game that is an interesting premise. although out of fairness they did say there new to rpgm but walking threw walls/zones is something that needs to be adjusted. also personally should remove the intercourse with dead body, being brought back to life is different from purely dead. additional content for story characters would be nice and help flesh out the game more. would like to see scenes with wanda could be interesting and also use wanda for combat if you wish. all said and done good first attempt will watch for latter.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

brata

As much as I wanted to like the game it ... just falls apart.
    Firstly , the animations are weird. For example in the first one his hands are... holding air.
    Secondly the hero starts with "Oh she is dead! Lets have sex!" without any sort of plot or character development.
    Thirdly many locations are bugged and parts you can walk through.

I understand this is 0.1 version but ... even for that it is still quite poor like someone spent a week on the entire project when he should had been a month or two.