VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
What prevents me from filling in the questionnaire more than once? I don't want to influence the vote in this way, but maybe, possibly not everyone will be... fair.
Do you really think someone could be dishonest enough to fill in the survey several times?
No, I can't believe there could be any so unethical Mythies. It can't be!
He says, while spamming the survey with hundred of reply to boost Rain rating...

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Do you really think someone could be dishonest enough to fill in the survey several times?
He says, while spamming the survey with hundred of reply to boost Rain rating...
Ah, if that is the case, then I shall counter spam with remove rain
For what it's worth, I looked into the form database and I have a good idea of how to look at entries that may be from the same source. Not perfect by any means, but it's easy enough for me to review! :devilish:

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Of course, it never occurred to me that not everyone is an impeccable gentleman/lady. I was just afraid that Nine might get suspicious after I ticked the "Sex is very important in the game" box 473 times. In ten minutes. Only yesterday.:oops:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Of course, it never occurred to me that not everyone is an impeccable gentleman/lady. I was just afraid that Nine might get suspicious after I ticked the "Sex is very important in the game" box 473 times. In ten minutes. Only yesterday.:oops:
It's still early in the data collection, but there's a shockingly large number of people who answered "0" to that "sex importance" question!

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
It's still early in the data collection, but there's a shockingly large number of people who answered "0" to that "sex importance" question!
Well, I'm not totally surprise by this result, for your game.
I mean, sex isn't the focus of Mythos, it's more of an "add-on". The focus was always the story.
I think people that just want to fap on some lewd scenes have stop following your game a long time ago now. So it's left player who enjoyed it for the story, the lore, the humor... in brief for the writing.

Now, with my 3 for this question, I look like a total dirty pervert :D.
In fact, as I have already written, I don't necessarily want more sex scenes. But I would enjoyed more little displays of affection here and there. Not necessarily a long candlelit dinner scene. But you know, just some tender kisses, a simple "I love you" from time to time, some hugs and cuddles, even (f#ck, I'm about to transform in a Joshy92 :LOL:) some hand-holding.
I can't explain why, I find totally boring romantic straight scenes/stories, but enjoyed them a lot when it's between 2 women.
I'm arguably just the stereotype of the straight male who fantasizes about lesbians. But what can I said, I'm probably just a big fat pervert, I'll go with 3/10 on the sex question after all :ROFLMAO:

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Write whatever you feel like it, add a male LI if you feel like it as long as it's potential, and not forced.
Less sex, why not, but make it plausible, you can not go from horny-jump-in-each-and-every-panty to nope nothing. But it could be due to love being in the air, or having to move fast to face a threat and thus less time to have fun.
All the scenarii seemed good, the one with the prison break reminded me less of books i had read...
Just go with flow and have fun writing and rendering...

breckinva

Oct 8, 2023
I didn't see a way to tell you via the poll, but my opinion on the sex is this: it seems that intimacy and romance are important in games like this, but you wouldn't have to show all of it onscreen if you didn't want to. More important would be that the consequences be fleshed out. So, more time on story, less on meticulous sex scenes? That would be my preference.

On issues like 'which story, main character, who stays, who goes, etc.' I gave opinions but what I'd really want is what fires you up when you start writing. You're a good writer. I trust you.

radoxthegreen

Oct 26, 2019
I can't explain why, I find totally boring romantic straight scenes/stories, but enjoyed them a lot when it's between 2 women.
Agree entirely, I think its because in the FF case I can see the appeal from both points of view, but in the MF case I can see it from his point of view but I can't understand what she sees in him.

For the sex content question, I think all an AVN really needs is that Buffy The Vampire Slayer recipe with the five classic ingredients:
Cute girls.
Interesting stories.
Cute girls.
Amusing dialogue.
Cute girls.

As long as you have all five of those you're golden, even if explicitly sexual content is minimal.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
- For the question about Book Two, I kind of like the Fae one... but I kind of like the "beyond-gifted scientist that makes amazing gadgets for the Bureau" new character as well. So I'm going to advocate for the Son of Ether scientist to show up in the Fae story. :p

(Joking aside though, the idea of a more scientific/logical sort of charater being completely flustered by the odd rules and chaotic logic of the Fae does sort of tickle me a bit.)
I feel exactly the same.
I'm interesting in a book exploring more the world of the Fays (and not just because I hope to see more of Rain... OK, it's my main reason :D).
But I want to meet beyond-gifted scientist. I love science girls. OK, I love girls in general, but science girls are the best! :)
It would be even greater if she doesn't believed in supernatural... I want to meet Scully! :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes