VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
View attachment 3423360

Weekly Update - March 8th, 2024

My guts hate me, I make fun of Dune, and we have another questionnaire coming!

First of all, get well soon!

Be warned, you're on thin ice! The Dune is a similar space fantasy to Star Wars, and fans tend to treat it with similar "religious sensibilities". :censored:

“Clit-sack Hadarach”
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 3423360

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope you feel better soon!
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limitations ͒ )*
͒ This variation is a mock-protest against not being able to put entire sentences, links, and other such things in a simple click reaction.

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
I love Dune! Did not watch the movies, will do eventually.
Read all his books, great they are! The one written by is son, are interesting but not as good.

You should read them too... At first you think it's the story of a man, then of a whole family and you eventually realize the central character is humankind, it's political system and how they evolve over some 20.000 years span.
A must read, your girlfriend is right. ;)

I had to change my OS, lost all my saves, so will have to start again all the games... I stopped after the supposed to be dead girl came back. I had a lot of fun reading and playing your story as a horny gay girl. ;)

I remember that you had cunningly hidden objects, which i could not find due to my eyes. But I do not recall how I managed. Was there some key to press, or a mod, or did I had to read the walk-through...

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 3423360

Nine!!!
You were one of my favorite dev.
I was even willing to forgive you for your strange tastes in mater of culinary art and your dislike of Camembert.
But that! Sacrilege! I can't forgive it!
How could you?!
Dune is a masterpiece of SF!
Repent my child, before it's too late.

But at least, I see Morgana is a lady of taste.
A short time ago, I would have said sure, as she married the genius Nine. But now, I have some doubts...
:)

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
She has excuses as the camembert goes.
The real one being made with unpasteurized milk, made by hand, it had been declared anathema by the FDA.
The one they have come in can, if i'm not mistaken... I pity them sometimes... ;)

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Nine!!!
I was even willing to forgive you for your strange tastes in mater of culinary art and your dislike of Camembert.
How could you?!

But at least, I see Morgana is a lady of taste.
A short time ago, I would have said sure, as she married the genius Nine. But now, I have some doubts...
:)
Perhaps Nine doesn't know that camembert has no taste when it's fresh (white, without brownish spots). It has to stay three or four days outside the refrigerator, then it becomes smelly and tasty.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Be warned, you're on thin ice! The Dune is a similar space fantasy to Star Wars, and fans tend to treat it with similar "religious sensibilities". :censored:
I love Dune! Did not watch the movies, will do eventually.
Read all his books, great they are! The one written by is son, are interesting but not as good.

You should read them too... At first you think it's the story of a man, then of a whole family and you eventually realize the central character is humankind, it's political system and how they evolve over some 20.000 years span.
A must read, your girlfriend is right. ;)
Nine!!!
How could you?!
Haha... seems Hullahopp was right about the Dune fanbase! I'm a Star Wars fan, myself, so I know how fanbases can get. I'm just not very much into Sci-Fi. Star Wars is basically silly fantasy in space, which is how it caught my love. Dune is a little too dry (no pun intended).

She has excuses as the camembert goes.
The real one being made with unpasteurized milk, made by hand, it had been declared anathema by the FDA.
The one they have come in can, if i'm not mistaken... I pity them sometimes... ;)
Perhaps Nine doesn't know that camembert has no taste when it's fresh (white, without brownish spots). It has to stay three or four days outside the refrigerator, then it becomes smelly and tasty.
So it seems my judgment of camembert was based on faulty data? We can't even get the real stuff in the US? :( Even then, I didn't leave it out so I just ate it all wrong.

I didn't realize there were that many Runaways volumes, holy crap. Should I read them all? Someone told me that after the first they're not quite as good, but I only have one opinion on that so far.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
So it seems my judgment of camembert was based on faulty data? We can't even get the real stuff in the US? :( Even then, I didn't leave it out so I just ate it all wrong.
:D It's sold like that in France too and people leave it out for several days according to their taste, to eat it a little strong or very strong. Don't leave it too long though if you don't want to eat maggots.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Dune is a little too dry
Agreed.

(Now millions of people will spit on the screen.)

The Dune (or Blade Runner, the movie) were not well received when they were released, but later became cult favourites.
I see two reasons for this. One is that Herbert developed a world that he loved and wanted to show in detail, but in doing so he bogged down the plot (cp. George RR. Martin, Song of Fire and Ice). Let's be honest, most people read/watch movies/play for entertainment.
Some people are interested in EVERY detail of the detailed, logically constructed world, the "why things are the way they are", but the majority are interested in the story. Herbert couldn't really fit the background info into the story.
The other is that the book lacks humour. (Compare Tolkien, Lord of the Rings) I know The Dune is not a comedy, but sometimes the drama/tension/etc. has to be released, otherwise the story becomes melodramatic and the reader gets bored.

(Jeez, I've lost the sympathy of Herbert, Martin and Tolkien fans with a single post.)

Of course, the definition of humour or fun is as subjective as my opinion.

Finally, an example of grimdark humour:

He recalled Steinhardt's gruff response to him when he had once accused him of underestimating the power of the written word. "Underestimating, my ass!" - snapped the old mercenary angrily. "I was with Owain of Wales when he sacked the monastery of Fécamp. That damned abbot beat two of my good soldiers to death with the Summa Theologiae!"

• Haha
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Haha... seems Hullahopp was right about the Dune fanbase! I'm a Star Wars fan, myself, so I know how fanbases can get. I'm just not very much into Sci-Fi. Star Wars is basically silly fantasy in space, which is how it caught my love. Dune is a little too dry (no pun intended).
A lot of people use the term "Space Fantasy" to describe Star Wars. It has fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles, etc.
I didn't realize there were that many Runaways volumes, holy crap. Should I read them all? Someone told me that after the first they're not quite as good, but I only have one opinion on that so far.
I'll be honest, it's been decades since I read any of my comics (way too many long boxes in the back of my closet), including those, but they've been sitting on that shelf ... for that long, so I couldn't resist sharing. I remember enjoying it though.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Dune is a literary masterpiece, I don't know about the movies though... The old one was not that bad, the two tv mini-series not bad either... The new films i did not watched.

As for the Camembert, to be fair, in France most of them do not respect the recipe. It suppose to be made with cows of a special species, with unpasteurized milk, done by hand. Personally i do not let my choose outside but I buy in advance and let it in my fridge until it's ready, then i cut a piece which i let outside for while...

And this might be the only kinky thread on this site where people speaks about cheese, and other totally unrelated stuff.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Dune is a literary masterpiece, I don't know about the movies though... The old one was not that bad, the two tv mini-series not bad either... The new films i did not watched.

As for the Camembert, to be fair, in France most of them do not respect the recipe. It suppose to be made with cows of a special species, with unpasteurized milk, done by hand. Personally i do not let my choose outside but I buy in advance and let it in my fridge until it's ready, then i cut a piece which i let outside for while...

And this might be the only kinky thread on this site where people speaks about cheese, and other totally unrelated stuff.
Probably. I remember an interesting conversation about haggis but the posts were deleted.
[Edit] Sorry, my mistake, they're still there. I've mixed up with something else.

Last edited:

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
"An intellectual is a person who's found one thing that's more interesting than sex." Aldous Huxley

"Fortunately, I am not an intellectual." Me

Anyway, I think it's acclimatisation. Nine nice and smart woman, so her game attracts nice and smart people. (And me, of course, but I try to behave.)

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes