VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I’d never spell “March” wrong!

smarch.gif

I'm so bad at seeing all these tiny details
In this case you can blame the human brain. It's incredibly lazy, and most of the time if it sees something it thinks looks right, it will ignore the details because it can't be bothered to pay that much attention to things.

So you can just skim past something like mrach and not pick up on it in a URL, or even a word like Wenesday in a sentece if your not really paying attention.

In fact, there's the old meme that it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.

S1M1L4RLY, Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1NG 7H15 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17.

I'm pretty sure I'd missed 50% of Mythos (at least) and will never manage to find the culprit.
It was the butler. They done did it.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Is there (or will there be) anything fundamentally different between Patreon and SS? I have an account on both, and I have to accept missing out on Discord content because it hates me.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Is there (or will there be) anything fundamentally different between Patreon and SS? I have an account on both, and I have to accept missing out on Discord content because it hates me.
On my end, not really. I can't really speak to the subscriber side of things. I think SubscribeStar may take a bigger cut, but that's not a big deal for me since I'm not in this for the money. :)

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I'm pretty sure I'd missed 50% of Mythos (at least) and will never manage to find the culprit.
Me neither. I noticed the intentional typo a little later, but I tend to overthink things. When Nine mentioned a joke, I thought it was a pun.
(According to the Cambridge dictionary, March also means continuous development.)

As far as the suspects are concerned, I am now at the point where:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And then I didn't even take into account the Mercury coin in Mara...

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Me neither. I noticed the intentional typo a little later, but I tend to overthink things. When Nine mentioned a joke, I thought it was a pun.
(According to the Cambridge dictionary, March also means continuous development.)

As far as the suspects are concerned, I am now at the point where:

And then I didn't even take into account the Mercury coin in Mara...
This happened to be a serious one.

Yes, it's all probably stupid, but hey! I told you I overthink everything!

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
This is just Book One, more books are planned!
Thats great to know! Thanks for letting me know!
Yes, Nine of Swords is already thinking about Book Two.

I don't think she has already starting to work on it, but that she's more in earlier processes of creation, like who will be the MC, which main NPC, what would be the general plot...
About the MC, unless she change her mind, it will be Ky again. I don't remember if the gender will be selectable (in Book One, the female MC is canon, Nine add the option to play a male MC to attract more players).
What I do remember however, is that there will be a canon ending of Book One. Because she doesn't want to deal with all the possible combinations of relationships players could have pursued. So perhaps you will start in Book Two in a relationship you had never started in Book One.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes