VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
This both hurts my soul and makes total sense.

Firstly, not playing the fallout games ... very naughty of you, that should be illegal.

Secondly, it makes sense because the only way you'd find the show good is if you'd never played a single game.

The only bit of Fallout they got right was the vault suit. It's like someone explained to their almost deaf grandad what Fallout is all about and then grandad wrote the script based on what he thought he heard.

That script then got sent in to Amazon, someone was in desperate need of a shit and wiped their arse with a few pages and the show was based on what was left.
Sounds like the same way they came up with Rings of Power.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Secondly, it makes sense because the only way you'd find the show good is if you'd never played a single game.

The only bit of Fallout they got right was the vault suit. It's like someone explained to their almost deaf grandad what Fallout is all about and then grandad wrote the script based on what he thought he heard.

That script then got sent in to Amazon, someone was in desperate need of a shit and wiped their arse with a few pages and the show was based on what was left.
I played the first two games back in the days, and I must admit I don't remember well the lore of Fallout.
I start Fallout 3 only some months ago, but I didn't get the vibe I remember from the 2 first games.
I can't really put my finger on it, but I found it less fun than the 1 & 2.
I think the 3 lack the twisted humor of the 2 firsts that I enjoyed so much. Probably due to the fact that it's now Bethesda which owns the franchise.

Anyway, unlike you, I enjoyed the show.
Perhaps it don't totally follow the lore of the games, but I think it's still a good SF/post-apocalypse show.

And now, I'm going run to the shelter of my vault before being struck by the fallout of the sarcastic comments of our resident little ginger devil. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I played the first two games back in the days, and I must admit I don't remember well the lore of Fallout.
I start Fallout 3 only some months ago, but I didn't get the vibe I remember from the 2 first games.
I can't really put my finger on it, but I found it less fun than the 1 & 2.
I think the 3 lack the twisted humor of the 2 firsts that I enjoyed so much. Probably due to the fact that it's now Bethesda which owns the franchise.

Anyway, unlike you, I enjoyed the show.
Perhaps it don't totally follow the lore of the games, but I think it's still a good SF/post-apocalypse show.

And now, I'm going run to the shelter of my vault before being struck by the fallout of the sarcastic comments of our resident little ginger devil. :LOL:
As much as I love 1, 2 and Brotherhood Tactics .... Fallout 3 is still my fave.

It was the game that got me into modding and I played it for so many hours. I know people love New Vegas but it took me until i'd owned it for years before I finished it. I had the Benny syndrome. Once the part with Benny was done I lost interest. I didn't find the Legion or NCR interesting enough to keep me invested.

Fallout 4 I love because of the base building. With a few mods you can make some awesome looking places.

They do have a different feel to the originals though.

I don't mind people enjoying the show, in fact i'm glad it's doing well. We need more shows like that being made so the better the ones people enjoy do the better it is for all of us in the long run.

I don't think it's shit by any means but it does have some quite large plot holes.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
As much as I love 1, 2 and Brotherhood Tactics .... Fallout 3 is still my fave.

It was the game that got me into modding and I played it for so many hours. I know people love New Vegas but it took me until i'd owned it for years before I finished it. I had the Benny syndrome. Once the part with Benny was done I lost interest. I didn't find the Legion or NCR interesting enough to keep me invested.

Fallout 4 I love because of the base building. With a few mods you can make some awesome looking places.

They do have a different feel to the originals though.

I don't mind people enjoying the show, in fact i'm glad it's doing well. We need more shows like that being made so the better the ones people enjoy do the better it is for all of us in the long run.

I don't think it's shit by any means but it does have some quite large plot holes.
New Vegas is the only one I really like, 4 and 3 both I only ever bothered to complete the main campaign and haven't even modded that much... just can't get into them as much as skyrim and oblivion pulled me in.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
For everyone who enjoyed the first two Fallout, I can't recommend enough to try Atom RPG.
It's not a Fallout game, but it's has all the vibe of one... from the soviet perspective.
There are no vault, but you are roaming in a post-apocalyptic Russia.
The game was completely inspired by Fallout 1 & 2, from the gameplay to the twisted humor. And there are even Easter eggs reference to Fallout.
Now, I need to find the time to play its sequel Trudograd.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Cheese, weird music, tv shows, other games, i like this thread!

I played New vegas, it was fun, wee bit boring at time, inconsistent in the leveling, but i liked the stories.

Fallout IV, i played due to the mods! Without mods bethseda games are insufferable! All these harebrained scenarii made for a slow witted two years old boy, no challenge, no need to think, no assuming consequences, unlike the Dragon origin we already talked about. The so called companions you need a mod just to make them shut the f**k-up, and whom don't do anything besides not hiding and carrying your stuff. I enjoyed the lore, the building of villages, but it took me years to finish it, unlike the dragon age games which i enjoyed.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
View attachment 3625049

Weekly Update - May 11th, 2024
Why yes, I did forget to post an update last week...

"Oh, wow… for the first time since I’ve started Mythos, I actually forgot to post a weekly update. I’m so sorry about that!"
" I’m an idiot."
" My bad, again! My brains are all scrambled. "

Okay, enough of this.

Respice post te, hominem memento te

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes