VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
OK, looks a lot like Chinese fondue.

I would suggest to try a Savoyard fondue (similar to a Swiss fondue, but better, as it's French :LOL:).
But it's full of cheese. Not sure it's to Nine of Swords's taste...
It's suppose to be "penguin's week", last week was about weird music, and the one before last about cheese.
So, since you seem not to able to write a post without mentioning cheese, my gift to you and to nine and morgana a recipe: penguin made in cheese.

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
Why is conversations so broken? You only get to ask one thing and end of conversation that is so damn broken.. when you have a conversation you ask all that you want to ask than your done. Why even have conversations if you can't ask more than one question might as just keep it in novel mode than.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Why is conversations so broken? You only get to ask one thing and end of conversation that is so damn broken.. when you have a conversation you ask all that you want to ask than your done. Why even have conversations if you can't ask more than one question might as just keep it in novel mode than.
Hi, there!

Not quite sure what you mean, here; there are some conversations where you can only pick one option, because picking more than one wouldn't make sense (like you can't accept and reject a girl at the same time). There's also a few where you're allowed to pick all the options, but the order you pick them in matters. If you want to see every result from every conversation choice, I haven't disabled rollback so you can undo your choice and pick another option if you like. Just use the mouse wheel to scroll back (not sure how to do this on Android, sorry).

As for "keep it in novel mode", this part is what's confusing me. In visual novels, the only "game" part is picking conversation options. If you can pick all the choices each time, that's actually the same as if you gave no choice at all; you're still reading the same text, you just have more mouse clicks to do so.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of very many visual novels that let you pick every option before moving on, so I'm curious about which games do and how they handle it, in terms of story progression.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hi, there!

Not quite sure what you mean, here; there are some conversations where you can only pick one option, because picking more than one wouldn't make sense (like you can't accept and reject a girl at the same time). There's also a few where you're allowed to pick all the options, but the order you pick them in matters. If you want to see every result from every conversation choice, I haven't disabled rollback so you can undo your choice and pick another option if you like. Just use the mouse wheel to scroll back (not sure how to do this on Android, sorry).

As for "keep it in novel mode", this part is what's confusing me. In visual novels, the only "game" part is picking conversation options. If you can pick all the choices each time, that's actually the same as if you gave no choice at all; you're still reading the same text, you just have more mouse clicks to do so.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of very many visual novels that let you pick every option before moving on, so I'm curious about which games do and how they handle it, in terms of story progression.
There are quite a few games that sometimes give you the choice to have an entire conversation with multiple prompts, but usually also allow you to end the conversation whenever you want (or at least after enough questions have been asked). I've seen it in Eternum, Artemis, Chasing Sunsets, Single Again, just to name a few.

Those same games and others tend to also have times where only one answer can be made, or a specific number can be asked before you move on, or like you said choices are antithetical to each other, so only one of however-many can be done in a playthrough. They also tend to have other things, like quiz night, or quick-time mini-games, or mini-sandbox segments (like the ball), etc.

None of the good games (IMHO) overuse any one type of "trick" like these ... they're all there just to give some illusion of participant control, which I don't think is a bad thing.

But I do think they're all just different types of gimmicks -- not a bad thing, but not anything any dev should feel obligated to do just 'cause someone complains.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
View attachment 3537888
Weekly Update (Really!) - April 13th, 2024

Not much about the game in this one, because I've got a fair amount of dread going on in my life suddenly...

I can't imagine how terrifying a time this must be for Morgana and you. My thoughts, my best wishes, and my heart are with you two. Try to stay as positive as you can -- in this case, at least, the odds are absolutely in your favor even without factoring in the early detection! I knew I wanted to say something like, "Most breast lumps aren't cancerous" but when I actually looked up the numbers they turned out to be even better than I expected. I'm sure you've seen all the stats 4,400 times already, but seeing them made me feel a little better. According to one , only 10% of new breast lumps are cancerous. Another says 80% of breast lumps are non-cancerous. That doesn't mean you're wrong to worry, of course...I think it would be utterly impossible not to worry in this situation, and the presence of multiple lumps makes it doubly scary.

I know you'll be there to support Morgana every step of the way no matter how she's feeling during all this. In her shoes, I think I'd probably take the tack that I'm not going to worry about it too much until I have to and probably drive a partner who wanted to immediately start planning for the worst and cover all the what-if scenarios ahead of time absolutely crazy. I'd do the tests and get all the information, but until I knew more I'd just try to live my life as I usually do and treat the whole thing more like a speed bump than a catastrophe. The way I see it every single moment of our lives there's a chance that something terrible is going to happen, but we somehow mostly survive them anyway.

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Creatively speaking, just go with the flow embrace the story and let yourself be it's vessel. A story needs to be told, you're it's gate to the world.
There's only 24/7 to do stuffs, you've a job, a GF, a cat (if i recall correctly), a social life, don't waste time overthinking it, it might hinder your ability to be in harmony with this story that want to be told.
Take care of you both. Best wishes.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Nine of Swords " :unsure: "

It's a tarot card, okay? The original one has a male, but since you're both women, I felt it fit better here.

Meaning: "This card depicts a figure, weary from battle yet prepared to fight on. Order, discipline and an unassailable position. Any opposition will be defeated. Courage in the face of attack or adversity and a stability that cannot be removed. Good health."

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes