• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine Onhold Inheritance: Ladeina's Path SEASON 1 -UPDATED [v2023-12-06] [Kinky Lemur Games]

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
So gave it a whirl, with latest version (season 1), doesn't feel like my cup of tea anymore, so I'm going to stop following the progress of the game. I submitted a bunch of reports via the google docs interface. Reasons its not for me anymore:

1. The camera is very jittery and is giving me motion sickness.

2. Movement is not very fluid and is very jerky.

3. Enemies barely react to being hit and can attack me without pause, even after I hit them, resulting in a lot of unavoidable damage.

4. Ranged combat is total shit. Your arrows do little damage, are very finite, its hard to aim, hard to avoid getting hit while locked in, and ranged attackers don't react to getting hit. The "F" command didn't work for me and aiming with RMB is a total crapshoot.

5. There is not enough sources of healing. There is no health orbs, health regeneration, and health potions are few and far between, and don't even fully heal you.

6. Enemies can interrupt my attack animations, but I can't interrupt theirs. ie They interrupted my jump attack, but when they did one, I couldn't stop them.

7. Enemy archers deal massive damage to you unblocked and still deal damage while blocking. They can backpedal faster than I can move, while blocking, and can fire and backpedal at the same time, making it extremely hard to close the distance.

8. The final nail in the coffin for me is the riddle. I don't do logic puzzles, riddles, or lateral thinking puzzles in games, unless its a point and click adventure OR the thing is optional. I tried for a few minutes to figure it out, couldn't, and gave up. I hate these kinds of things gating progress and it feels like a major Go Fuck Yourself from the developer to the player, when they can't figure out its solution.

=====

I wish you the best of luck with the project, but all these issues are unlikely to change, so its a hard pass for me. I do recall having a lot of these issues when I tried the first alpha build released here too. Its a shame because the graphics are well done, and there does seem to be a lot of love put into it, but these are all major buzzkills for me in a 3rd person combat game or games in general, so it is what it is.

Good luck with your game.
Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to play our game. We appreciate your input, and we're sorry to hear that you've decided to stop following the progress of the game. We understand that certain aspects have not met your expectations, and we're constantly working to address player concerns and enhance the overall experience.

We want to assure you that we're actively working on implementing a difficulty feature in the game. We understand the importance of providing a balanced and engaging gameplay experience for players of all skill levels. This will allow you to tailor the game's challenges to your preferred level of difficulty, ensuring a more enjoyable and immersive experience.

Furthermore, we would like to mention that there are strength potions available in the game that can significantly increase your damage output. These potions can provide an extra edge during combat encounters, allowing you to overcome challenging situations with more effectiveness.

We genuinely appreciate your kind words about the graphics and the effort we've put into the game. It's always our intention to create a visually stunning world filled with love and dedication. We take your feedback to heart, and we're committed to improving the areas you've highlighted to create a more seamless and enjoyable combat experience.

Thank you once again for your support and for sharing your thoughts with us. We value your feedback as it helps us shape the future of our game. We wish you the best in your gaming adventures and hope that you may reconsider and join us again in the future as we continue to refine and enhance the gameplay.

And here is a new statement for the future of the project :

Best regards

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to play our game. We appreciate your input, and we're sorry to hear that you've decided to stop following the progress of the game. We understand that certain aspects have not met your expectations, and we're constantly working to address player concerns and enhance the overall experience.

We want to assure you that we're actively working on implementing a difficulty feature in the game. We understand the importance of providing a balanced and engaging gameplay experience for players of all skill levels. This will allow you to tailor the game's challenges to your preferred level of difficulty, ensuring a more enjoyable and immersive experience.

Furthermore, we would like to mention that there are strength potions available in the game that can significantly increase your damage output. These potions can provide an extra edge during combat encounters, allowing you to overcome challenging situations with more effectiveness.

We genuinely appreciate your kind words about the graphics and the effort we've put into the game. It's always our intention to create a visually stunning world filled with love and dedication. We take your feedback to heart, and we're committed to improving the areas you've highlighted to create a more seamless and enjoyable combat experience.

Thank you once again for your support and for sharing your thoughts with us. We value your feedback as it helps us shape the future of our game. We wish you the best in your gaming adventures and hope that you may reconsider and join us again in the future as we continue to refine and enhance the gameplay.

Best regards
Did you ask ChatGPT to write this

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019

Best regards
A difficulty slider or difficulty options won't fix the issues. Its a matter of enemies being bound to different rules than the player, and thus even if you reduced their damage by 90% it would still feel unfair. You have stamina and they don't. You have very limited health, and they have numbers and will outlast you. Your animations can be cancelled, theirs can't. They can fire ranged and move at the same time, and you can't. They can penetrate your block, but you can't penetrate their block. They can hit for massive damage, and you can't. You can be staggered, they can't.

Its like you played Dark Souls for 5 minutes, wanted its combat for the player, but never realized that all the enemies are affected by the same rules as you are. And Dark Souls worked, because its shields fully blocks damage as long as you have stamina. It has an effective dodge that enemies don't target your end destination, but where you were. Your dodge is an animation break so that you can be partially attacking, then cancel it with a dodge. Enemies can have their guard broken and become stunned. Dark Souls made do with just 5 Estus (until you got a bonfire and humanity burning going), because if you blocked, dodged, and parried effectively, you could go extremely long periods without using any healing. This game, you can't do that.

A difficulty slider or difficulty options also will not fix these issues:
-> Extremely limited arrow supply.
-> Few and far between healing.
-> Movement and camera feeling janky.
-> Enemy archers being able to backpedal faster than you moving forward while blocking.
-> Riddles, logic puzzles, or lateral thinking puzzles.

So, I don't see how you actually understand or value my feedback, as your solution won't solve anything. Its like someone having a bleeding gut wound, and you put a bandaid on it and say, that fixed it!

=====

As for my skill level, I completed a solo offline run of both Demon Souls and Dark Souls on the PS3. I'm used to very challenging combat games. This one isn't challenging, it simply is unfair. And until you address that unfairness, a difficulty slider / difficulty options, will not fix anything. It won't, because the amount of damage or health enemies have isn't the core issue. Its that they are bound to different rules than the player and that leads to unfairness. Enemy archers in Dark Souls for example, had limited ammo too and would eventually close the distance, if you didn't know.

I'd also like to point out that I didn't even finish your tutorial. For someone like me who is used to challenging combat, that is a pretty damning indicator that your game is unfair and unfun. And as the tutorial cannot be skipped, I'd be surprised if only a small fraction of players are actually getting to the first level of the actual game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillDahl

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
Did you ask ChatGPT to write this
:) ahaha for proofread I use some tools yes. but i am not native and i dont want to be misunderstood.ıs that a problem ? BUt i would love to tell everything in main main language and you may try some translators :)

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
A difficulty slider or difficulty options won't fix the issues. Its a matter of enemies being bound to different rules than the player, and thus even if you reduced their damage by 90% it would still feel unfair. You have stamina and they don't. You have very limited health, and they have numbers and will outlast you. Your animations can be cancelled, theirs can't. They can fire ranged and move at the same time, and you can't. They can penetrate your block, but you can't penetrate their block. They can hit for massive damage, and you can't. You can be staggered, they can't.

Its like you played Dark Souls for 5 minutes, wanted its combat for the player, but never realized that all the enemies are affected by the same rules as you are. And Dark Souls worked, because its shields fully blocks damage as long as you have stamina. It has an effective dodge that enemies don't target your end destination, but where you were. Your dodge is an animation break so that you can be partially attacking, then cancel it with a dodge. Enemies can have their guard broken and become stunned. Dark Souls made do with just 5 Estus (until you got a bonfire and humanity burning going), because if you blocked, dodged, and parried effectively, you could go extremely long periods without using any healing. This game, you can't do that.

A difficulty slider or difficulty options also will not fix these issues:
-> Extremely limited arrow supply.
-> Few and far between healing.
-> Movement and camera feeling janky.
-> Enemy archers being able to backpedal faster than you moving forward while blocking.
-> Riddles, logic puzzles, or lateral thinking puzzles.

So, I don't see how you actually understand or value my feedback, as your solution won't solve anything. Its like someone having a bleeding gut wound, and you put a bandaid on it and say, that fixed it!

=====

As for my skill level, I completed a solo offline run of both Demon Souls and Dark Souls on the PS3. I'm used to very challenging combat games. This one isn't challenging, it simply is unfair. And until you address that unfairness, a difficulty slider / difficulty options, will not fix anything. It won't, because the amount of damage or health enemies have isn't the core issue. Its that they are bound to different rules than the player and that leads to unfairness. Enemy archers in Dark Souls for example, had limited ammo too and would eventually close the distance, if you didn't know.

I'd also like to point out that I didn't even finish your tutorial. For someone like me who is used to challenging combat, that is a pretty damning indicator that your game is unfair and unfun. And as the tutorial cannot be skipped, I'd be surprised if only a small fraction of players are actually getting to the first level of the actual game.
Sorry but there might be something you are missing
1- there are around 20 health potions and 4 strenght potions too.I think you did not used them.
2- Enemies can be staggered if you press block at the right time when they attacks ,you will see they can be easily staggered.
3- You can break enemies block by ctrl+attack but you are right there is no tutorial for that.
4- As i mentioned for stronger enemies you may use the other potion, use the stronger swords and collect the other upgrade items.
5- for bow , I agree we may work the damage amount of character . but in that case, nearly most enemies can be beat but a heat shot if you can hide yourself and fire to their head. On the other hand you can assassinate nearly every enemies too.

You said " Its like someone having a bleeding gut wound, and you put a bandaid on it and say, that fixed it" , I think it is a bit harsh but i can say , we are going to discuss and think for all ideas you have mentioned. for better experience, we are working and i tried to value your feedback but maybe there is a misunderstanding " We take your feedback to heart, and we're committed to improving the areas you've highlighted to create a more seamless and enjoyable combat experience." .
thank you for your feedback. have a good day

Last edited:

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
:) ahaha for proofread I use some tools yes. but i am not native and i dont want to be misunderstood.ıs that a problem ? BUt i would love to tell everything in main main language and you may try some translators :)
the response just sounded way too formal and serious for the place and context

Reactions: kinkylemurgames

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
kinkylemurgames

1] I found 2 total health potions, up to the riddle. I found 0 strength potions. Potions are not highlighted and are difficult to grab as a general rule, so yes its "possible" I missed a lot, but I did try to search areas thoroughly. Standard exploration practice. Consumables need to be much more visible, recognizable, and colorful, to help a user to find them. Otherwise they blend in with the terrain.

2] This is not explained at all in the tutorial. It doesn't mention a timed block/parry anywhere, so how am I supposed to know this exists? Also what is the timing window on this?

3] Why would I do CTRL+Attack? The game mentions a light attack LMB, heavy attack LMB hold till purple bar full, and a jump attack Shift+LMB. You cannot expect me to know of an attack pattern that is mentioned nowhere, that is total bullshit. Also why not have the block break attached to heavy attack and/or jump attack instead?

4] I found no other swords or upgrade items. Remember how I got stuck at the riddle and ragequitted because main progress was blocked by a riddle... seriously... did you even read my feedback?

5] It is not explained anywhere that there is locational damage. Enemies in Dark Souls for example, don't take head shot damage. Only some 3rd person games allow for locational damage; heads mostly, sometimes groins too.

There is a severe misunderstanding = You are hiding critical gameplay mechanics from the player and then are mad when the player doesn't know of them without ever being taught them, and are mad when the player gives up on the game because they say its unfair. Well it is unfair... you cannot expect me to know certain features of this game without them being taught. Things like how to recognize a health potion in the environment, how to effectively avoid damage, how to properly destroy enemies. These are core, basic stuff, and they aren't taught. So what do you really expected to happen?

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
kinkylemurgames

1] I found 2 total health potions, up to the riddle. I found 0 strength potions. Potions are not highlighted and are difficult to grab as a general rule, so yes its "possible" I missed a lot, but I did try to search areas thoroughly. Standard exploration practice. Consumables need to be much more visible, recognizable, and colorful, to help a user to find them. Otherwise they blend in with the terrain.

2] This is not explained at all in the tutorial. It doesn't mention a timed block/parry anywhere, so how am I supposed to know this exists? Also what is the timing window on this?

3] Why would I do CTRL+Attack? The game mentions a light attack LMB, heavy attack LMB hold till purple bar full, and a jump attack Shift+LMB. You cannot expect me to know of an attack pattern that is mentioned nowhere, that is total bullshit. Also why not have the block break attached to heavy attack and/or jump attack instead?

4] I found no other swords or upgrade items. Remember how I got stuck at the riddle and ragequitted because main progress was blocked by a riddle... seriously... did you even read my feedback?

5] It is not explained anywhere that there is locational damage. Enemies in Dark Souls for example, don't take head shot damage. Only some 3rd person games allow for locational damage; heads mostly, sometimes groins too.

There is a severe misunderstanding = You are hiding critical gameplay mechanics from the player and then are mad when the player doesn't know of them without ever being taught them, and are mad when the player gives up on the game because they say its unfair. Well it is unfair... you cannot expect me to know certain features of this game without them being taught. Things like how to recognize a health potion in the environment, how to effectively avoid damage, how to properly destroy enemies. These are core, basic stuff, and they aren't taught. So what do you really expected to happen?
Ofcourse all the issues you mentioned it our fault. If there is a misunderstanding with that i want to clear them .
Until the first riddle ; there are 3 health potions but one them is really hard to find . but on the other hand the most enemies drops health potions too. There is no strength potion at the first part you are right.
I agree about the parry timing . we are going to add and probably we will improve the logic too.And heavyattacks and lunge attacks will break enemies block too. this is planned and will be implemented.
For items , there is an outliner feature that shows up the item which are worth to collect. but if you dont see the outliner effect maybe your steam build is not updated but you mentioned you have the latest one. so you should see theeffect near the items.
Since you stuck on the riddle you would not see the other levels. after the riddle cutscene, Astarte gives the hint. but i think we have to imrove it. normally you will carry one item and go to riddle spot and there will be solve riddle option and it is done. maybe you may give an other chance if you see the youtube walktrough.
I am not sure what you mean by locational damage. there is only headshot if enemy is not alerted. alerted enemies can not be executed or assassinated.
as i mentioned i am not native and if you feel i could not understand you please let me know. have a good day.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
kinkylemurgames

Most enemies actually dropped nothing and it was very hard to loot the ones that did drop something. It wasn't clear which enemy had loot or not on them, by just looking at them (most games they highlight corpses so you can see them in foliage and to know which have loot or been looted).

Telegraphing to the player when they need to parry, is important too. Like do you parry as they start their attack animation, after they play their animation, or right before they hit you after playing their animation. Some games do it at different points. Witcher 3 is the last one. Dark Souls is the 2nd one. And a game I found during last Next Fest, Raidborn, does the first.

The outline only appears if your cursor is on the item, precisely. Usually has to be dead center to highlight it. So, sure, when you spot the item, and hover over it, does it highlight, but its not highlighted until you do so.

I read the hint, and listened to the cutscene, and assumed it had something to do with the hourglass, but picking it up, dropping it, bringing it near the door, all did nothing. And the other objects in the room that could be grabbed was a similar thing. So not sure what I was supposed to do.

Locational damage is where you deal extra damage or instant-kill, by hitting it. Usually its the head, in most first person shooters. Some games, also have groin, like Bulletstorm. Then other games has locational damage in spots that aren't the head or groin usually, ie Dragons Dogma.

Also why only if not alerted? If I shoot someone in the head, shouldn't it be lethal regardless of whether they saw it coming or not?

I've played a lot of Dungeons and Dragons Online and World of Warcraft. Most players use broken English or Leet speak back then, so I'm used to it. Your English is better than most, even as a non-native. Its fine!

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
Please take a look at minute 10.
lets play the game until the end. and probably you will have alot of feedback and i can get the all and make a report for our devs and see what we can implement .

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
kinkylemurgames

So I watched the video, and it really captures a lot of the issues I had with the game, so I'll give you time stamps of the various issues.

1:33 = She comments on that is as close as I'll get to red. I noticed that issue too with the blonde hair color. I wanted a golden blonde, but the closest I could get is faded wheat blonde. A color wheel / color picker would help to address this.

2:49 = Typo; "i" is always capitalized.

3:04 = You'll notice that the waistband strap clips into the hanging cloth, while walking. Its less noticeable when jogging or running though. Might want to address that clipping issue, unless it is planned to do a butt slider later on.

3:29 = So here, you can see the healing potion in the environment. Notice how it is NOT currently highlighted. Also notice how we have no cursor either. Then, over a couple seconds, Exorcissa struggles to get the invisible cursor to line up onto the potion. Finally she finds the "sweet spot" and the potion gets highlighted at 3:32, and she gets the E prompt. Up to that point, she gets no prompt and no highlighting, despite being physically close enough to grab it.

4:00 = Watching from here, you can see the issue where the leg/ankle disappears last and remains there for a bit longer than it should.

4:19 = Not sure why we should have a draw command. We don't have a sheath to store the weapon in, when it isn't in use, it just floats in hammerspace, stabbing her in the ass every so often. It also looks super weird to have a greatsword wielded in one hand. She isn't partially buffed up with athletic muscles to wield such a large sword, so it looks really wierd. Like big buff guy in Skyrim, would struggle to wield a sword that size.

4:28 = Here is a good example of lootables blending into the environment. The bag is the exact same color as the ground, and if it was slightly more to the right, it would be basically invisible. As it is, it is so hard to spot that I missed it on my playthrough.

4:31 = Text is wider that the tooltip. If the tooltip was placed on the lefthand side of the lootable, you could have more space to put all the text.

4:49 = Here is a good example of enemies not having the same rules as the player. They have a stamina bar, that never depletes during the entire fight. Their attacks and abilities do not require stamina to use, leading to extreme unfairness.

4:51-4:52 = Exorcissa attacks the skeleton multiple times, and it is totally unfazed. Its not stunned or staggered by any of her attacks and immediately attacks after her last swing ends.

4:53-5:07 = Here is the parry mechanic in action. The parry mechanic that isn't explained anywhere. She takes zero damage from the parry, while the block she takes damage. So she knows this and never attempts to block, but performs a parry at the right moment every time. And so she takes zero damage during the fight. Me not knowing this tries to do a normal block and takes chip damage throughout the fight.

5:34 = This tooltip is pointless. Both Q and Hold LMB is covered in the first tooltip.

5:39-5:40 = Bug: Skeleton spawns in and floats towards the player.

5:43-5:45 = Exorcissa performs a dodge roll mechanic to approach the archer. The game never mentions a dodge mechanic. Also, while she is dodge rolling the archer never attacks. Now she knows again, that if she approaches normally, while trying to walk/sprint evade or block, she'll take damage, so she cheeses the AI with a dodge roll that no player knows about to get close to kill the archer. And the archer doesn't try to shoot her when she is so close to it. The issue most players have is getting close enough to do that.

5:59 = Exorcissa hits some wrong key combination to bring this up. I'm thinking she attempted to do a CTRL + LMB attack and accidentally hit the Windows key next to the CTRL key. Again, this command isn't covered anywhere, so she is effectively cheating at this point. This mistake nearly costs her, her life. All the more reason to not have a special attack on CTRL, but have it as some other key combination.

6:19 = Here you can see that a corpse is lootable. It has no highlight outline and isn't clear that it has loot on it.

6:22 = Here you can see that this corpse has no loot, as no prompt appeared. Again, no highlight and not clear it had no loot on it by just looking at it.

6:24 = Now this is how the highlighting should be. You see an object in the distance that is important, and its highlighted, so you go approach it and find out what it is. Now you could have this highlighting always active, or maybe only have it appear by turning on survival senses (ie Tomb Raider).

7:02 = Aims above the head, to the right of the skeleton.

7:04 = The arrow clearly misses the target, being that it is like a foot to the right of its skull, but then instant kills them. How am I supposed to get a headshot, if I'm not supposed to be aiming for its head.

7:41 = I've noticed this a lot throughout the video. All the melee skeletons have different health amounts, despite not wearing better armor or wielding better weapons. Have some consistent health bars, please.

7:48 = Enemy has pathfinding issues. Maybe those posts have a larger collision box than necessary or the navmesh is broken in that spot. Either way, look into it.

7:57 = Performs a jump attack and slides along the pillar until connecting with the target.

8:17 = I notice that its raining pretty hard, yet she never gets wet and her hair isn't affected by the wind. Probably an early development oversight.

8:34 = Who the hell is Pargonus? Shael is clearly our lover, but this person hasn't been introduced yet.

9:01 = Here you can see Exorcissa really, really, really struggle to get her invisible cursor to hover over the riddle, instead of the other objects on the table. That is me trying to loot skeleton corpses.

10:11 = So here, this is totally counter-intuitive. No one would think to bring objects to the book to solve the riddle, unless they saw the prompt while holding one of the objects. Most people would be looking for a receptacle or crevice to put the object into, or bring the object to the door, or manipulate the object in 3d space (ie like in Skyrim) to find a clue. No one would think that bringing the object to the book, that isn't even connected to the door via magical ley lines, would cause the door to open... which is exactly why I got stuck on this riddle.

10:14 = We don't actually put the hourglass in the black pot. Also, there is no black pot. This is a golden bowl with black liquid though.

10:40 = I don't do Patreon. However, if I find that I like it, I'll provide some monetary support and buy the stuff on Steam.

=====

However, due to the number of issues I have and clearly the number of hidden mechanics that only the developers know of, I think I'll wait till next release. I can't play a game effectively when I'm only taught half the needed skills to survive and play effectively. Exorcissa knows all the mechanics, and so she made it "seem" a lot easier than it actually is.

I also notice that Exorcissa NEVER uses the lock-on mechanic. I've tried to use it and it got me killed quite a few times. Again, she knows stuff that I don't. She also almost never uses the jump attack. So, before you release the next update, maybe watch your own staff play the game and see what tactics they use, and then try to create a tutorial teaching how to do them.

I'd play further, now that I understand the riddle, but due to a lack of understanding of mechanics and likely run into all the same issues I had before, I don't think I'd be able to complete this level anyway. Its a shame, as I wanted to see this brothel. Maybe have a scene gallery at the main menu?

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
Now I can follow and have a better understanding of the feedback. However, this conversation is becoming interesting. But yes, we will take into account all of your detailed observations :)

if you want to be in the community please feel free to join to the discord. Every action is shared by the community they they can share their ideas there.

have a good day.

Last edited:

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Okay, I joined. I'll probably keep my feedback here, unless you really want it there. I go by a different account name on Discord than I do here.

Reactions: kinkylemurgames

biktori408

Apr 2, 2018
Nice thoughts / Potential !
I will add more : Add costumization/Combat like in Delta Zone.
H scene like Pure onyx / COS / Alien Quest Eve...
Voala u ll make a good stuff !

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
When the enemies beats you,they rape your female character?,some can tell me if this game have or will have that?

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
When the enemies beats you,they rape your female character?,some can tell me if this game have or will have that?
hello , currently we don't have any rape scene and there is no mechanic like that. This is a story driven action rpg game ( at least it is the idea). You are playing a female character who is a warrior and by season 2 , you will play in a village and you can have sexual interaction.

SoloDallaS

Apr 24, 2023
hello , currently we don't have any rape scene and there is no mechanic like that. This is a story driven action rpg game ( at least it is the idea). You are playing a female character who is a warrior and by season 2 , you will play in a village and you can have sexual interaction.
It's unfortunate that there is no system for rape, pregnancy, or prostitution in the game. It would be great to add them as separate options that can be disabled.

SoloDallaS

Apr 24, 2023
Visually, the game looks decent, but playing it is not interesting at all. I couldn't even get past the first puzzle, and I had no desire to solve it.

itsspellxd

Oct 9, 2022

Best regards
MF'er selected English (Corporate) in Google Translate before translating from his original message.

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes