Unreal Engine Onhold Inheritance: Ladeina's Path SEASON 1 -UPDATED [v2023-12-06] [Kinky Lemur Games]

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Hello guys ,
First of all , we had to pause the development because of lack of funds and our dev team could not go forward as a volunteer , since the game project is quite big. We could not fill the roles who quit.

We are really sorry ,we liked the journey but with 200$ montly patreon income, I can not pay a sallary to the team. and they did everything to make the project becomes real.
I am gonna think, maybe i will make the scoope smaller. and maybe we are gonna use premade assets for the logics. Currently i am thinking friends. thank you for everything.
And we thank you for an interesting game and experience . It is always great to see adult 3D game with some story and real gameplay.
The statistics looks really miserable ... Wasn't there a mistake in "marketing"? From the beginning, I thought that this project is quite invisible and no one knows about it. Here, too, the F95 thread is quite ..silent .. and it is always a bad signal.

kinkylemurgames

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2022
And we thank you for an interesting game and experience . It is always great to see adult 3D game with some story and real gameplay.
The statistics looks really miserable ... Wasn't there a mistake in "marketing"? From the beginning, I thought that this project is quite invisible and no one knows about it. Here, too, the F95 thread is quite ..silent .. and it is always a bad signal.
To be honest we did a lot of mistake. Marketing is maybe the one of them. But once you suck at marketing, you can not showcase your game and nobody knows your game , however you try your best.
The development stage consumed too much time and i can not find enough time for a organised marketing. But i am pretty happy that we have got followers on Steam and even a small group, someone knows Kinky Lemur Games. I can see this as a positive in all this sadness.
On the other hand , our discord is quite too.I don't know why, people didn't want to say something in our any community. Maybe thats me, not a native and sometimes i write something "weird" because of that.
Over 100k players on steam but we couldnt get interactions.I think the season 1 was too small for them and they wanted to wait for a fair judgement.
We had some unfurtunate events and some of the team members had to quit because some personal issues. We couldn't fill the roles because we could earn only 200 bucks per month. but the game was huge. and this doesnt sound like a good balance.
And i did some critical mistakes , some of them were because of my non-visionary behaviors and some of them were a must because of the team organisation. I will pass them because they were mostly technical decisions.
At the end , I am really sorry and sad. I still believe in Astarte's journey. and still we have got something to make more. But we have to take it back for a while. I have invest to the better development practices. and i will try to be a better leader for my team. And we will see what future brings :)

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes