• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Wolf RPG Imouto! Life ~Fantasy~ FFFox Mod

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

dadzki

May 9, 2024
Hey, just wanted to share my experience on installing and playing this mod purely on the steam deck.

I was able to use the decrypted Data folder from the main post's game download to replace the Steam version's .wolf files. I didn't realize at first that you had to install both the main mod Data folder and the Kagura games compatible Data folder but eventually got it to work with my unmodded saves (my pea brain must have missed an instruction somewhere).

The game runs very poorly however, with the framerate unable to go past 12 fps. I read somewhere that it was because of the extra loading for the text and even installing it on the ssd didn't improve frames. I really didn't want to play an outdated version of the mod so hoping for a fix soon.

In any case, thanks for doing a great job. Looking forward to see future progress!

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Hey, just wanted to share my experience on installing and playing this mod purely on the steam deck.

I was able to use the decrypted Data folder from the main post's game download to replace the Steam version's .wolf files. I didn't realize at first that you had to install both the main mod Data folder and the Kagura games compatible Data folder but eventually got it to work with my unmodded saves (my pea brain must have missed an instruction somewhere).

The game runs very poorly however, with the framerate unable to go past 12 fps. I read somewhere that it was because of the extra loading for the text and even installing it on the ssd didn't improve frames. I really didn't want to play an outdated version of the mod so hoping for a fix soon.

In any case, thanks for doing a great job. Looking forward to see future progress!
Unless someone finds a more hardware/software based fixed, it'll probably be this way for forseeable updates. However, 1.5.0 isn't too out of date, containing the main parts of the mod (being the kitsune update), and can still be found in the download links. There have been a few additions so far, but 1.5.0 still contains all the major stuff so far.

As I had not had that lag issue, I haven't been able to play around to see if anything helps on my end. One thought, however, is trying out a repacked version of the mod. I've attached a quick 'repacked' version to the mega link, where all the files for the mod have been packed back into wolf files. I've tested to see whether it still works operating wise, but maybe it might help with loading times? Let me know. The file is: 'Data (Recompressed Trail)'

Reactions: noodler1300

dadzki

May 9, 2024
Unless someone finds a more hardware/software based fixed, it'll probably be this way for forseeable updates. However, 1.5.0 isn't too out of date, containing the main parts of the mod (being the kitsune update), and can still be found in the download links. There have been a few additions so far, but 1.5.0 still contains all the major stuff so far.

As I had not had that lag issue, I haven't been able to play around to see if anything helps on my end. One thought, however, is trying out a repacked version of the mod. I've attached a quick 'repacked' version to the mega link, where all the files for the mod have been packed back into wolf files. I've tested to see whether it still works operating wise, but maybe it might help with loading times? Let me know. The file is: 'Data (Recompressed Trail)'
Hello again, thanks for the speedy reply. TL;DR, the game now runs better with the repacked files although not without bugs.

Framerate improved from seemingly capped at 12 fps to fluctuating between ~50 and ~25 fps but its totally playable. At first, I ran into a [Picture display] File read error problem when loading or starting a game where it was looking for files in Data/hscene and Data/Picture for header_banner.jpg and stand_mouth png files respectively (Process mark: [CommonEv 216 Live 236/237] and [MapEv4 CommonEv 218 Live #]) . I got around it by copying over the decrypted folders to the game's Data folder. Now for bugs:

Panty flashing works but Undressing is bugged where the mod's pop ups appear but imouto doesn't appear naked. Bathing together is totally broken where the base game's scenes and pop ups don't show, only showing a black screen. The modded bath scenes and pop ups works though when choosing to wash the front and the soapland play but the succeeding H scenes are only just a black screen. Nighttime activities are also bugged where pop ups dont show either but scenes appear. The png that shows when imouto should be sitting on the floor seems to be replaced with the png where she's in bed. (imouto01.png shows up in the position where imouto02.png should be). Great adventure rest scene don't show up. Also, clicking on language crashes the game.

All other modded features work as far as I've seen in my 30mins of gameplay, though I only had the unmodded game to compare it to. I'd be happy to test the mod on a Linux/low-spec device. Thanks for doing god's work!

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Hello again, thanks for the speedy reply. TL;DR, the game now runs better with the repacked files although not without bugs.

Framerate improved from seemingly capped at 12 fps to fluctuating between ~50 and ~25 fps but its totally playable. At first, I ran into a [Picture display] File read error problem when loading or starting a game where it was looking for files in Data/hscene and Data/Picture for header_banner.jpg and stand_mouth png files respectively (Process mark: [CommonEv 216 Live 236/237] and [MapEv4 CommonEv 218 Live #]) . I got around it by copying over the decrypted folders to the game's Data folder. Now for bugs:

Panty flashing works but Undressing is bugged where the mod's pop ups appear but imouto doesn't appear naked. Bathing together is totally broken where the base game's scenes and pop ups don't show, only showing a black screen. The modded bath scenes and pop ups works though when choosing to wash the front and the soapland play but the succeeding H scenes are only just a black screen. Nighttime activities are also bugged where pop ups dont show either but scenes appear. The png that shows when imouto should be sitting on the floor seems to be replaced with the png where she's in bed. (imouto01.png shows up in the position where imouto02.png should be). Great adventure rest scene don't show up. Also, clicking on language crashes the game.

All other modded features work as far as I've seen in my 30mins of gameplay, though I only had the unmodded game to compare it to. I'd be happy to test the mod on a Linux/low-spec device. Thanks for doing god's work!
Hmm...I couldn't find any of those bugs, many of which should be obvious, so I'll need to test this some more and see what's going on. Also, doesn't make sense that encrypted it speeds up loading, but... :unsure:

Reactions: noodler1300

akapp

Mar 14, 2020
Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing a little drawings and, rather, ideas.
- Getting caught peeping
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- I drew a simple scene of a kitsune in the bathroom.

- Finished (sort of) with the clothing store, Blue said it would be in the updates. Waiting, sir)

That's all, how is it?

Last edited:

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
When was this not the case?) View attachment 3621404

The facial expression was perfect :sneaky:
I KNEW IT! I FREAKING KNEW IT! I kept hearing guitar noises and having dreams about guitar hero and was wondering what was the cause. Turns out it was the imouto rocking out every night in the bathroom influencing my subconscious. I can finally rest easy now that the cause has been discovered.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing a little drawings and, rather, ideas.
- Getting caught peeping

- I drew a simple scene of a kitsune in the bathroom.

- Finished (sort of) with the clothing store, Blue said it would be in the updates. Waiting, sir)

That's all, how is it?
I really like seeing your drawings.

Although I see that you are starting to use the gradients with dots that they use in the manga (These are my worst enemies when coloring).

But... I'll manage.

Thank you for your great work ♥

I'm always quite excited to see new images.

excited-happy.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: LucLore and akapp

Rdegen

Sep 8, 2023
I found a bug on the bookstore. I bought a lot of books but my gold is not going down. Only applicable on the bookstore.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I found a bug on the bookstore. I bought a lot of books but my gold is not going down. Only applicable on the bookstore.
Got it fixed. Not quite solved (I think some variables might have gone negative somehow?), but fixed. The next update should be out today or tomorrow, depending on how bad my lawn whips me. The joys of adulting.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
外出就餐时如何触发色情CG
It's a build up series, so you'll need to do it multiple times, with higher stats required for each progression. (Note: the forums require English on English threads, just as a friendly reminder.)

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
And it's time for another update. Presenting FFFox Mod 1.5.7!

This addition fixes the bookstore bug, adds in a clothing store and dressing room scene (curtesy of akapp), as well as 1,000 more retranslated and prepped lines for the modular languageset, covering such areas such as all random events, visitors, enemies, and the start of the main scenario.

As for the possible lag solution work, I am currently trying to get another trial version up (wolfrpg packing is...slow...if one is generous about it...).

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019

I've prepped and uploaded a second test version on the go-file link. I didn't see bugs with this one, but I didn't with the last, which is worrying. Try to put the old folders that match the wolf files in a separate backup folder to see if that might be messing with anything (so the 'BasicData' folder, 'Mapdata' folder, etc.).

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes