Mod Wolf RPG Imouto! Life ~Fantasy~ FFFox Mod

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
so, I'm running the steam version of the game, and I decrypt the wolf files
whenever I start a new game, I get these errors, and I pretty much can't really play

what did I do wrong?
It looks like some of the basic files are missing. It could be caused by an error while installing the game and patching it. My best suggestion is to download the unpacked Steam version on the main OP and overwrite your version with it. That'll allow you to continue to open it with steam like normal, but make sure that all of the files are properly installed.

Ethas

Jul 14, 2017
It looks like some of the basic files are missing. It could be caused by an error while installing the game and patching it. My best suggestion is to download the unpacked Steam version on the main OP and overwrite your version with it. That'll allow you to continue to open it with steam like normal, but make sure that all of the files are properly installed.
I did a clean install(twice) of the game. went to local files and made sure to delete everything every time I uninstall, and tried installing the mod, only to keep getting the error.

this is with the official steam release, not the one from the OP.

downloading the fan translation seem to have fixed it, so may be I screwed up somewhere without knowing, though I'm not sure where since the only thing I did was, again unpackage the wolf files and install only the FFFox mod.

seems almost redundant to buy the game on steam, but it is what it is. got the mod to work at least with the fan translation, but I might as well have not bought the game on steam at that point.

either way, replacing the game with the fan translation still works with steam.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I did a clean install(twice) of the game. went to local files and made sure to delete everything every time I uninstall, and tried installing the mod, only to keep getting the error.

this is with the official steam release, not the one from the OP.

downloading the fan translation seem to have fixed it, so may be I screwed up somewhere without knowing, though I'm not sure where since the only thing I did was, again unpackage the wolf files and install only the FFFox mod.

seems almost redundant to buy the game on steam, but it is what it is. got the mod to work at least with the fan translation, but I might as well have not bought the game on steam at that point.

either way, replacing the game with the fan translation still works with steam.
There is a steam version on the main page's OP as well. Though the difference between steam and the fan translation is pretty nil at the moment after you install the mod, as the mod overwrites the translations of both versions.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I now present FFFox Mod Version 1.5.4!!!

New Content
This update mainly consists of two major additions to the mod. Namely, multi-language compatibility and a secret addition for those who don't like to play fair. Other additions include 7 new outfits, improvements to the eating out play, virgin proof added in night play, and a fix for the payday bug. For the outfits, 4 of them are buyable, 1 involves cleaning, 1 involves 'trying your luck', and the last 1 involves the game's storyline.

Modular Languageset
The language modular addition to the mod allows one to freely change the language they are using for the game by switching it with a click of a button in-game. This was first being introduced to allow translations of the mod without losing progress with each update, but has expanded in use.

Do you want to play closer to the original Japanese? Maybe you're wanting a translation, but didn't want to lose progress while waiting for the DLC or updates on the mod? Or maybe you just want a different version of a translation, such as Kagura's official translation?

Conversely, do you want a southern-accent sister? How about an older sister instead of younger? Is she a chuunibyou that blames her weak body on trying to withhold her immense power? Or maybe you want her to speak not at all as a silent heroine?

All of this is now possible with the Modular Languageset. Simply download the latest Modular Languageset from the op, change whatever text you want. Give your folder a name with a matching txt file, and boom, you can now have a customized accent or language for the game.

Plus, this can be combined with the Modular Imageset to create a gal sister that speaks in slang and abbreviations, an android sister that speaks in broken code, or even a pirate sister that talks like a swashbuckler. The possibilities are now only limited to your imaginations.

The mod auto-detects the following language packs: English, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Spanish, Korean, Russian, German, and French. However, you can add up to three extra languages/accent packs at the same time using the instructions included in the Modular Languageset.

*Note: Not everything in the game is yet coded, but all images, as well as a decent portion of the more seen parts of the game are prepped to get you started at least. For reference, all images and over 800 lines of text are already ready for translation, many lines of which appear more than once in the game. Future updates of the mod will include more until the game is fully coded for this modular pack, and all parts of your customized translations will continue to be compatible with future versions of the mod as well. No more losing progress or wishing you could update to a better/different version without restarting. Let me know if you take the time to create a customized translation, and I'll add it to the OP, and if you need any help, etc, feel free to contact me.

Going forward, I will be making the English and Japanese translations together for the mod. If anyone wants to start adding in Kagura's official translations, whether English, Chinese, etc, feel free to post on the thread to let your fellow fans enjoy it as well (remember to post in English on this site to follow the rules). While Shadesishere's translation is still the base, my lack of being able to move the mod between versions means I won't be able to use Shadesishere's future translations for DLC, updates, corrections, etc, so I'll be going over the translation as I go along, which has been evident for a while as I'm worked on certain parts occasionally before. So going forward, more and more of the mod's base English will be my own translation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Plans for the Future
DLC Prep.
Or...it was. For now, I'll continue working on the languageset mod, though I do have at least one more set of scenes I plan to add in soonish before the DLC. Like I've said before, there are several additions that are waiting on the DLC because of the major changes Inusuku is making to certain parts of the code, so those parts will need to continue to wait.

Last edited:

gelaite

Aug 24, 2023
Great, I can now use Japanese and Chinese to play FFoxMod, but what should I do? I can't understand the instructions in the file because it's in English and I can't understand Google Translate

Last edited:

Danilis123123

Jul 11, 2023
okay i think i kinda get it, BUT do you really have to edit every text file? no any faster way to do it? because holy damn not mentioning the time it'll take i don't even know what the official translation it, i just know the first beginning question, i went over to the steam folders to see if there's any txt file so i can overwrite it with that but there's none, i dont know where steam version store it translation in

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Great, I can now use Japanese and Chinese to play FFoxMod, but what should I do? I can't understand the instructions in the file because it's in English and I can't understand Google Translate
To turn on Japanese, click on the Language Icon in-game.
Language_Icon.png
For other languages: One would have to download the 'Modular Languageset.zip' file, translate all the text and image files to the chosen language. Then, rename the folder to the chosen language (i.e. 'Chinese') and put it in the game's 'Data' folder.

However, I have added an Alingual Instruction PDF (pictures only), to hopefully help others understand it. (Didn't quite think that through :ROFLMAO: ).

okay i think i kinda get it, BUT do you really have to edit every text file? no any faster way to do it? because holy damn not mentioning the time it'll take i don't even know what the official translation it, i just know the first beginning question, i went over to the steam folders to see if there's any txt file so i can overwrite it with that but there's none, i dont know where steam version store it translation in
This was originally meant for literal translations, as it's been in the works a while. However, it is setup in such a way that someone could copy Kagura's translation over manually if they wish. The old game did not store text in files, but rather did it the normal way of having it all in the CommonEvent and Map files, which is why I'm having to manually code in all of this as I go. If you want to add in Kagura's version, you can either open up the game with WolfRPG Editor (ver 3.0 or newer) and copy-paste the translation to the matching txt files or rewrite it as you see and play Kagura's version (much slower, but more tech simple?). I should mention, that every file only needs to be present. You need not necessarily change each file right away, or even at all, so partial translations are possible as uploads while one works on it.

I do not plan to manual add Kagura's translation myself, as I am manually going through and doing my own translation as I go through and code this in. So technically, these 800+ files have already been curated by myself to improve the translation. Similarities will be closer to Shadesishere's translation, however, as we both lean more to keeping the 'original intent' side of translation, while Kagura leans more on the 'artistic license' side of translation.

Danilis123123

Jul 11, 2023
To turn on Japanese, click on the Language Icon in-game.
View attachment 3516046
For other languages: One would have to download the 'Modular Languageset.zip' file, translate all the text and image files to the chosen language. Then, rename the folder to the chosen language (i.e. 'Chinese') and put it in the game's 'Data' folder.

However, I have added an Alingual Instruction PDF (pictures only), to hopefully help others understand it. (Didn't quite think that through :ROFLMAO: ).

This was originally meant for literal translations, as it's been in the works a while. However, it is setup in such a way that someone could copy Kagura's translation over manually if they wish. The old game did not store text in files, but rather did it the normal way of having it all in the CommonEvent and Map files, which is why I'm having to manually code in all of this as I go. If you want to add in Kagura's version, you can either open up the game with WolfRPG Editor (ver 3.0 or newer) and copy-paste the translation to the matching txt files or rewrite it as you see and play Kagura's version (much slower, but more tech simple?). I should mention, that every file only needs to be present. You need not necessarily change each file right away, or even at all, so partial translations are possible as uploads while one works on it.

I do not plan to manual add Kagura's translation myself, as I am manually going through and doing my own translation as I go through and code this in. So technically, these 800+ files have already been curated by myself to improve the translation. Similarities will be closer to Shadesishere's translation, however, as we both lean more to keeping the 'original intent' side of translation, while Kagura leans more on the 'artistic license' side of translation.
got it, welp I guess imma do that manually, may as well learn some new things in the process xd

Reactions: BlueFireNick

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
got it, welp I guess imma do that manually, may as well learn some new things in the process xd
Free feel to post your result here, and I'll keep a link on the OP to it so that others can enjoy your work as well. I know the Kagura translation has divided a lot of fans, so with this, you'll be the one bridging them all back :cool:.

Do note, some of the text files will not be in the Kagura version, as they are directly related to the mod, such as text involving the new costumes that never existed in the base game, etc. Good luck!

Danilis123123

Jul 11, 2023
Free feel to post your result here, and I'll keep a link on the OP to it so that others can enjoy your work as well. I know the Kagura translation has divided a lot of fans, so with this, you'll be the one bridging them all back :cool:.

Do note, some of the text files will not be in the Kagura version, as they are directly related to the mod, such as text involving the new costumes that never existed in the base game, etc. Good luck!
alright as much as i wanted to do that, just did some research and wolf rpg editor v3.0 is not available anywhere for me, if you have a download link, i'd appreciate it, if not then oh well, using official translation is too far fetched for now, maybe some coder will be able to do it, i don't really think i can if i cant even find the software to edit it XD

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
alright as much as i wanted to do that, just did some research and wolf rpg editor v3.0 is not available anywhere for me, if you have a download link, i'd appreciate it, if not then oh well, using official translation is too far fetched for now, maybe some coder will be able to do it, i don't really think i can if i cant even find the software to edit it XD
It's right here on the forums: https://f95zone.to/threads/wolf-rpg-editor-3-english.152325/
The 3.x ver is the first attachment of the op. In fact, the forums is the only spot I know of that does have a 3.x translated version.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Can we have H's voice now?
I don't currently plan to add that in. I'm not the best when it comes to messing with sound, etc. But there is someone who is working on this with a different version (the Korean translation, iirc), so if that goes well, I might look into adding it back into this mod as well.

xkajl

Sep 7, 2020
I don't currently plan to add that in. I'm not the best when it comes to messing with sound, etc. But there is someone who is working on this with a different version (the Korean translation, iirc), so if that goes well, I might look into adding it back into this mod as well.
Is my install order correct -> Kagura Version -> FFFox Mod -> Daseson's color mod?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes