Mod Wolf RPG Imouto! Life ~Fantasy~ FFFox Mod

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
I know that 1.5.6 already has a feature to load text from a txt file. However, I don't have any plain text translation data (especially plain text data that corresponds to the original FFFox translation) that hasn't been applied to the game. Instead, the CommonEvent.dat I have is from the original FFFox 1.4.7 mod, with only the text replaced, so I was thinking of comparing and extracting the data from the original FFFox mod and the Korean patched mod, and then porting it to 1.5.6. (The location of the common events has changed so much in 1.5.6 that it's almost impossible to compare the data...)
It'll be the same in 1.5.0, most likely. 1.5.0 marks the release of the Kitsune version, which added a ton of coding throughout the game in order to add the Kitsune sister part into the game. 1.5.7 only doubles down on this with nearly 3,500 new lines of coding throughout several portions in order to create a multi-lingual version of the game. This will severely mess up comparisons using programs other than WolfRPG, as the coded lines causes everything else to shift in programs like Translator++.

asdgersx

May 20, 2024
It'll be the same in 1.5.0, most likely. 1.5.0 marks the release of the Kitsune version, which added a ton of coding throughout the game in order to add the Kitsune sister part into the game. 1.5.7 only doubles down on this with nearly 3,500 new lines of coding throughout several portions in order to create a multi-lingual version of the game. This will severely mess up comparisons using programs other than WolfRPG, as the coded lines causes everything else to shift in programs like Translator++.
Yes, and that's why I'm looking for the 1.4.7 version, which has almost the same common events...
Are the older versions no longer available for download by any chance?

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Yes, and that's why I'm looking for the 1.4.7 version, which has almost the same common events...
I double checked, but I no longer have a copy of 1.4.7 anymore. Unless someone else happens to have a copy saved away for it.

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
No problem I got it! I never deleted my files so I still had all of them at the time.

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
So I've read the FAQ and am attempting to run on the latest FFFox mod (FFFox Mod 1.5.7) on the most recent versions of the fan translated and Kagura builds of the game but even if I put my game on a SSD the framerate still tanks for some reason. The game begins to lag after getting your characters title and even after saving and rebooting the game the problem still persists. Any idea on how to fix this would be much helpful.

Edit: I've tried swapping between DX9 and DX11 on both builds and sadly that doesn't fix the issue either. Last version I've played with was 1.5.0 but would love to be able to play with the new content...
Edit2: The fix is the "2nd Trial.zip" (which is verison 1.5.7) on the GoFile mirror but have yet to fully test it and will make possibly a final edit to this post if it works 100%. Currently I'll be testing with the fan translated version of the game but I've yet to try it with the Kagura version.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019
ive installed the non kagura version, and im already in the post game, dropped the folders into the base game and overwrote previous files that were already decrypted, so there are no .wolf files.
Did i do anything wrong in the process or is the mod only supposed to work after completing the grand adventure again or entering new game plus.
I tried taking the pics out of the kitsune folder as well to put them in the right folders, but im still missing some basic sprites on the little sister, like the one that pops up if you click on her at home, so that shouldnt be right.
So is there anything i did wrong in the first attempt?

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
ive installed the non kagura version, and im already in the post game, dropped the folders into the base game and overwrote previous files that were already decrypted, so there are no .wolf files.
Did i do anything wrong in the process or is the mod only supposed to work after completing the grand adventure again or entering new game plus.
I tried taking the pics out of the kitsune folder as well to put them in the right folders, but im still missing some basic sprites on the little sister, like the one that pops up if you click on her at home, so that shouldnt be right.
So is there anything i did wrong in the first attempt?
It should be just drag and drop but you should be able to tell if the mod is working straight from the main menu. Like on the top right does it say you're using FFFox Mod and what version it is?

Jul 20, 2019
It should be just drag and drop but you should be able to tell if the mod is working straight from the main menu. Like on the top right does it say you're using FFFox Mod and what version it is?
yeah same goes for the message at the start, but in game she retains the old sprites and art

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
yeah same goes for the message at the start, but in game she retains the old sprites and art
Well the Kitsune is a unlock so it doesn't remove the original sprites. From the main page it says if you want to unlock the Kitsune version of your sister you either do New Game+ or finish the Great Adventure. Other than that you have extra content like RPS and whatever else is on the first page of this thread.

Last edited:

yuchj

May 21, 2024
I plan to translate version 1.5.7 of this mod into Chinese for use, but I noticed that the Languageset 1.5.7 compressed package contains only 1156 lines of text, while the complete mod has over 3500 lines of text in both English and Japanese. I would like to ask how to obtain the missing part of this text.

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
I've prepped and uploaded a second test version on the go-file link. I didn't see bugs with this one, but I didn't with the last, which is worrying. Try to put the old folders that match the wolf files in a separate backup folder to see if that might be messing with anything (so the 'BasicData' folder, 'Mapdata' folder, etc.).
Going to be doing further testing but when switching languages (either before the main game or when you're with your sister) it locks up the game for me. This was tested on both the Kagura and fan translated versions with the same outcome.
Edit: Just wondering is the BasicData.wolf the same BasicData as the Kagura version? Because I noticed my save wouldn't work unless I used the folder version instead from the FFFox Mod 1.5.7 zip. Also what do you use to repackage the files back into a .wolf format?

Last edited:

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
BlueFireNick
In the future Will you add 20+ content for guild members?
in FFFox Mod
I assume you simply mean adult content. I'm not against adding any, or even adding in a touch portion, it's just that I am most definitely not skilled enough to draw any of it. The DLC might have the images needed to possibly do some edits, but we'll have to wait and see.

So I've read the FAQ and am attempting to run on the latest FFFox mod (FFFox Mod 1.5.7) on the most recent versions of the fan translated and Kagura builds of the game but even if I put my game on a SSD the framerate still tanks for some reason. The game begins to lag after getting your characters title and even after saving and rebooting the game the problem still persists. Any idea on how to fix this would be much helpful.

Edit: I've tried swapping between DX9 and DX11 on both builds and sadly that doesn't fix the issue either. Last version I've played with was 1.5.0 but would love to be able to play with the new content...
Edit2: The fix is the "2nd Trial.zip" (which is verison 1.5.7) on the GoFile mirror but have yet to fully test it and will make possibly a final edit to this post if it works 100%. Currently I'll be testing with the fan translated version of the game but I've yet to try it with the Kagura version.
Outside of using a SSD, disabling/not using steam, and/or running as an administrator, I have yet to hear of any other solutions so far, besides that the test trial seems to (somehow) improve the loading. I'd be happy to hear any other tips you find.

I plan to translate version 1.5.7 of this mod into Chinese for use, but I noticed that the Languageset 1.5.7 compressed package contains only 1156 lines of text, while the complete mod has over 3500 lines of text in both English and Japanese. I would like to ask how to obtain the missing part of this text.
You most likely downloaded the 'New Files Only' pack, which was made for people who had downloaded the main pack from earlier versions to help them sort through new files to translate. Try download the main 1.5.7 languageset 'full' zip. I renamed the main zip to make it more easily identifiable. (Make sure to use the 'Chinese translations' folder for Chinese Translations!)

Going to be doing further testing but when switching languages (either before the main game or when you're with your sister) it locks up the game for me. This was tested on both the Kagura and fan translated versions with the same outcome.
Edit: Just wondering is the BasicData.wolf the same BasicData as the Kagura version? Because I noticed my save wouldn't work unless I used the folder version instead from the FFFox Mod 1.5.7 zip. Also what do you use to repackage the files back into a .wolf format?
I did see that bug part of the test version, it did eventually switch, but way too long of a freeze frame for anyone to wait for. So, repacking isn't perfect (especially not with repacking time). The BasicData is based off the jp version (as this was a test), but yes, you can replace the basicdata.wolf from the test with the folder and it'll work. In reality, you most likely only need the english/japanese folders packed to try to reduce lag. You'll need to use WolfRPG to repack the game by going to 'File'->'Create Game Data'.

Reactions: LucLore

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
I did see that bug part of the test version, it did eventually switch, but way too long of a freeze frame for anyone to wait for. So, repacking isn't perfect (especially not with repacking time). The BasicData is based off the jp version (as this was a test), but yes, you can replace the basicdata.wolf from the test with the folder and it'll work. In reality, you most likely only need the english/japanese folders packed to try to reduce lag. You'll need to use WolfRPG to repack the game by going to 'File'->'Create Game Data'.
Oh it does switch? For me it just crashes even with it being on a SSD but I also see no difference between HDD or SSD. I just now tested with only the language folders packed and everything else replaced with folders and that seems to solve the lag issue but I see what you mean by extremely long loading times when trying to switch the language ingame. There a way to make a toggleable text file to switch between the language instead? Because at boot there's no lag but I guess once you're ingame switching languages it seems to take a toll on the engine.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Oh it does switch? For me it just crashes even with it being on a SSD but I also see no difference between HDD or SSD. I just now tested with only the language folders packed and everything else replaced with folders and that seems to solve the lag issue but I see what you mean by extremely long loading times when trying to switch the language ingame. There a way to make a toggleable text file to switch between the language instead? Because at boot there's no lag but I guess once you're ingame switching languages it seems to take a toll on the engine.
The game autosaves the last language you switched to in the Save folder titled 'language.sav'. Don't know of a editor for wolfrpg saves, but essentially, you could switch to the language you want before using the lag fix.

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
The game autosaves the last language you switched to in the Save folder titled 'language.sav'. Don't know of a editor for wolfrpg saves, but essentially, you could switch to the language you want before using the lag fix.
Ah I see. I guess I'll just be careful of clicking the swap languages button when with the sister and everything else should be fine from what I'm seeing. Either way thanks for making such a great mod! :)

bearfvck

May 15, 2024
I am also translating this mod into Chinese. I can provide some texts that I have already translated. I am not going to continue the translation because there was an error in the Python script I wrote, which caused many of my translated files to disappear. It is very frustrating.

yuchj

May 21, 2024
I assume you simply mean adult content. I'm not against adding any, or even adding in a touch portion, it's just that I am most definitely not skilled enough to draw any of it. The DLC might have the images needed to possibly do some edits, but we'll have to wait and see.

Outside of using a SSD, disabling/not using steam, and/or running as an administrator, I have yet to hear of any other solutions so far, besides that the test trial seems to (somehow) improve the loading. I'd be happy to hear any other tips you find.

You most likely downloaded the 'New Files Only' pack, which was made for people who had downloaded the main pack from earlier versions to help them sort through new files to translate. Try download the main 1.5.7 languageset 'full' zip. I renamed the main zip to make it more easily identifiable. (Make sure to use the 'Chinese translations' folder for Chinese Translations!)

Indeed it's my fault. When I downloaded earlier, I only downloaded the updated parts. Can I post it together with the original version on forums in mainland China? I will credit the original author.
If needed, I can also share the version I translated for users in other countries/regions who require Chinese.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Indeed it's my fault. When I downloaded earlier, I only downloaded the updated parts. Can I post it together with the original version on forums in mainland China? I will credit the original author.
If needed, I can also share the version I translated for users in other countries/regions who require Chinese.
Sure. And if you're willing to post it here as well, I'll make sure to link it to the op for any Chinese users that happen upon this forum as well.

I've also attached an updated Data folder for Chinese Translations. It switches the base game to Chinese, and uses the Lolita font so that Chinese translations are possible. You'll want to include this with your translation so that the translation appears correct in-game.

Reactions: noodler1300
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes