VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one missing good ol' abandonware :(

Ethan's Legacy something I discovered after it had ended - it was probably too complex to be allowed to live, but it was great to see the characters found new homes in His Legacy. Sonic was always a favourite, it was good to see her the focus here, though Karen's nipples had gotten way outta control now she's no longer his mom, just a milf:p

I'm not negging sister/Gina, but huge tiddies are a bit meh, more than a handful is a waste, and I got me some big hands :p

Even heroin chic waif Jessica makes a brief appearance, looking less wasted :D

I think Rose is a much improved Elizabeth? But where is my Clara? Wasn't she also Sentry, the final scene of chapter 2? He's not implemented the gallery but there are 3 images in a "Gal" subfolder, one of which left me hopeful Clara_Gal_01.png ? And she looks better than in EL 3.0
Clara_Gal_01.png
But that suit is overused - get the gal some new clobber if & when you resurrect HL! :)
(And just to refresh my memory I played one of those shitty tyrannosauri builds of his early EL where Clara does indeed appear as Sentry)

Great game, shitty engine. Thank Heavens @V3X learned RenPy :)

Shit I had plans for today too. New Tristram needs it's weekly clean up :/ decisions decisions :p

@V3X get yo ass back to this game, please :)

You are missed, not just Sonic & Sentry.

Dharok

Jun 12, 2017
The worst thing is that even after almost a year V3X hasn't said anything. We have no idea if he has abandoned game development altogether and will never post anything again, or if he is just taking the time off for himself which is fine. He should do whatever is best for him.
It is clear that V3X was passionate about this project. He was releasing regular well made updates for the game and even had something about side-stories/games on his Patreon page before it was removed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's just a shame he hasn't said anything for so long leaving us with no indication whether he might return again on his own pace or that he has quit for his own well being.
I really hope he returns. But if he doesn't a message from him would be better than leaving us without having said anything.

Last edited:

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
The worst thing is that even after almost a year V3X hasn't said anything. We have no idea if he has abandoned game development altogether and will never post anything again, or if he is just taking the time off for himself which is fine. He should do whatever is best for him.
It is clear that V3X was passionate about this project. He was releasing regular well made updates for the game and even had something about side-stories/games on his Patreon page before it was removed. It's just a shame he hasn't said anything for so long leaving us with no indication whether he might return again on his own pace or that he has quit for his own well being.
I really hope he returns. But if he doesn't a message from him would be better than leaving us without having said anything.
There is nothing on his patreon literally nothing which most likely means he is gone for good, sadly.

Ryuuji Mutou

Feb 20, 2018
Damn maybe V3X will surprise us then post the complete version of His Legacy .

If that happens for real . . . Looks like it's early christmas boiz

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I think he doesn't want to start yet another half-finished project. So, if he finds the time to finish the whole thing, or gets in a place where he's absolutely sure he will deliver, he will probably show up a complete or near-complete game.

Since he dropped patreon, I am not sure he will not make significant changes to this story.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Imo @V3X is the perfect example that we (the community here) should be nicer and more supportive to the devs, since most of them put a lot of heart into their projects
Imo, if a person is emotionally unstable an weakwilled, no mater how nice we are, he will break after next blow of the wind.
Have to side with Rex here, there were many people supportive of Vengeance, even after he completely abandoned Ethan's Legacy, but you just can't expect everyone to behave that way and if you are so emotionally fragile that a few assholes online will let you crumble to pieces, then you have problems that you need to work on, best with professional, medical help.

No matter how understanding and supportive most of us are, there will always be those who are mistrustful, who will imply and straight out say shit like "milker," "fraud," etc. and if you can't deal with that, you are not fit to be around people.

And I don't mean this insulting or anything, I myself have had phases where I just couldn't deal with human society, both online and in RL.
It just won't work at all, until you've managed to stabilize yourself.

Reactions: Cyberious

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Imo, if a person is emotionally unstable an weakwilled, no mater how nice we are, he will break after next blow of the wind.
Have to side with Rex here, there were many people supportive of Vengeance, even after he completely abandoned Ethan's Legacy, but you just can't expect everyone to behave that way and if you are so emotionally fragile that a few assholes online will let you crumble to pieces, then you have problems that you need to work on, best with professional, medical help.

No matter how understanding and supportive most of us are, there will always be those who are mistrustful, who will imply and straight out say shit like "milker," "fraud," etc. and if you can't deal with that, you are not fit to be around people.

And I don't mean this insulting or anything, I myself have had phases where I just couldn't deal with human society, both online and in RL.
It just won't work at all, until you've managed to stabilize yourself.
Well to be fair, it wasn't so much the audience that made him "crumble", it was the fact that he listened to the audience too much, practically allowing them to dictate the direction of Ethan's Legacy, so much so that it had become something completely different than he initially intended, he started to loath the project and also suffered a burnout, thus he took a leave for a while. Then came back with a re-written story, wouldn't allow the audience to dictate shit this time around, but for whatever reason he disappeared after episode 2, and nobody's heard from him ever since. No one knows why he left, but we keep hoping that he will return some day to continue where he left off :p

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
Is anyone really surprised? When you have two other games that were abandoned it is a pretty safe bet that this game was always going to be abandoned.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is anyone really surprised? When you have two other games that were abandoned it is a pretty safe bet that this game was always going to be abandoned.
To be fair to V, he only abandoned Ethan's Legacy because he listened to his player base too much and it turned into a game he hated which in turn depressed him to the point he gave up being a dev altogether.

It's why I always tell devs to never make big decisions based on players. Sure, small ones like bug fixes or even what colour clothes someone wears but never, ever, story or character elements.

V isn't the only person to fall in the trap. Big Brother went the same way and the dev ended up hating it and abandoned it.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Not sure what the player base did to big brother the only thing I remember is the DEV shooting themselves in the foot with a stupid decision. Game came out as incest based and then DEV gets bright idea to change it into NTR and get rid of incest halfway through the games production ship starts sinking as player base starts jumping ship by the droves DEV reverts back before ship sank completely out of sight. If they wanted a NTR game then they should of came out with it right off the bat instead of trying to do it mid game after gaining tons of followers that were there for the incest.

Ethan's Legacy and Darcy were the only ones that I liked from them and this one I just couldn't get into it at all.

Last edited:

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
To be fair to V, he only abandoned Ethan's Legacy because he listened to his player base too much and it turned into a game he hated which in turn depressed him to the point he gave up being a dev altogether.

It's why I always tell devs to never make big decisions based on players. Sure, small ones like bug fixes or even what colour clothes someone wears but never, ever, story or character elements.

V isn't the only person to fall in the trap. Big Brother went the same way and the dev ended up hating it and abandoned it.
To be fair your point has no validity whatsoever, V made his choices and frankly when you start taking money for a project it is a shit poor excuse to blame your supporters for taking the game in a direction you don't like. V was the captain of his own vessel and he and he alone had final say in the game's direction and he made those choices. To blame the fans for his own fucking choices seems like a cope out. And he has done this three fucking times now so maybe its not his fans fault maybe the failing is 100% squarely on his shoulders.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
To be fair your point has no validity whatsoever, V made his choices and frankly when you start taking money for a project it is a shit poor excuse to blame your supporters for taking the game in a direction you don't like. V was the captain of his own vessel and he and he alone had final say in the game's direction and he made those choices. To blame the fans for his own fucking choices seems like a cope out. And he has done this three fucking times now so maybe its not his fans fault maybe the failing is 100% squarely on his shoulders.
Nobody said anything about blame.

He wanted to keep his fans happy so he did a lot of what they asked, it got to a stage where he hated what he'd done and gave up.

He didn't blame anyone it was just what happened.

He tried to come back and start over to make the game he wanted but the interest just wasn't there anymore. Nobody blamed anyone but that's what happened. He followed what the fans wanted and it turned into a game he hated. He knows it was his fault.

That's still why I tell devs never to take major plot points from fans.

I think you need to take a step back and breathe though, getting worked up over this shit aint healthy.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes