VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Or he just decided this is not for him... I hope you all realize that's more plausible than the stated so far theories.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I check this page periodically in hopes of catching some news of this project's resurrection. Sadly there never is any. Such a shame. This was one of only a tiny handful of games that managed to leave a lasting impression on me. Dev. was superb at creating an atmosphere of melancholy.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Same. :(
Soon it would be two years. I still have him on Patreon but it is still deactivated and he didn't respond to messages.

Reactions: DonkeyFace

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Two years (next week) and I am still checking...
Ha. And here I am back here checking too.

Just played the prequel and absolutely loved the vibe and the story. Came to check the sequel and… it's abandoned… why are the most interesting games abandoned….
Unfortunately, most games that ARE interesting and set out to tell an actual story with compelling characters, are generally very under funded.

I would encourage folks that like this game to check out Primal Instinct if you haven't already. That is the one game that has managed to fill the void that this one has left. For me anyway. Deep and intriguing story and characters, and remains one of those under funded/under appreciated little gems.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
I suppose this game won't be finished. Shame, I rally like how the story progressed untill the end of current version. I definitely would like more.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
From what I can gather, the dev went through some serious mental health issues, lost his job had to move back to his parents and gave up his original game due it not liking how it was turning out.

He did try again with this but it seems his mental health issues were not quite over so this became an as and when project.

There is a possibility he comes back but his issues weren't small ones you get over quickly so it's not a sure thing.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
From what I can gather, the dev went through some serious mental health issues, lost his job had to move back to his parents and gave up his original game due it not liking how it was turning out.

He did try again with this but it seems his mental health issues were not quite over so this became an as and when project.

There is a possibility he comes back but his issues weren't small ones you get over quickly so it's not a sure thing.
I hope that he can solve his problems and finish his project

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I heard that he is locked in a dark room wearing a straight jacket and he hears voices in his head lol, just kidding guy's, I really hope he's ok, and of course, I do miss this game as well, but, alas, I seriously don't think we'll ever see a continuation :(

DRinWV

Donor
Nov 22, 2017
I would not be very surprised if he returns. His issues really started when he was developing https://f95zone.to/threads/ethans-legacy-act-1-3-se-extras-if-vengeancexxx.1951/ which had incest so Patreon had issues with it. It was also one of the games that got me addicted to these types of games. He disappeared while developing it for a long while before returning.

When he did return he did the Dancer and a Lustrous Stage while abandoning Ethan's Legacy because he was no longer in the same mind set as what he was when he was first working on Ethan's Legacy. I believe that he considers Dancer and this one to be a rewrite of it. So don't be surprised if he does return but don't be surprised on a rewrite either.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
The game is abandoned. Though it will give you around 30 minute gameplay. It has a lot of potential though. Wish dev or someone else completed it.
Way more than 30 minutes of gameplay. Several hours in fact.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes