VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody said anything about blame.

He wanted to keep his fans happy so he did a lot of what they asked, it got to a stage where he hated what he'd done and gave up.

He didn't blame anyone it was just what happened.

He tried to come back and start over to make the game he wanted but the interest just wasn't there anymore. Nobody blamed anyone but that's what happened. He followed what the fans wanted and it turned into a game he hated. He knows it was his fault.

That's still why I tell devs never to take major plot points from fans.

I think you need to take a step back and breathe though, getting worked up over this shit aint healthy.
Well, I think he should come back and finish this damn game, abandoning a game right at the beginning the way he did is really not good for him, for his rep, like it or not, you know I'm right ;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well, I think he should come back and finish this damn game, abandoning a game right at the beginning the way he did is really not good for him, for his rep, like it or not, you know I'm right ;)
You are 100% right.

The worst thing is I really enjoyed Ethan's Legacy and it got dropped just as it was getting good. I thought this could make up for it and it got dropped again.

I am in no way defending the dev. I just remember reading about things as they went down. It managed to get brought up on a few forums I was dwelling on.

I just wanted more Sonic.

Reactions: bobbo69

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
You are 100% right.

The worst thing is I really enjoyed Ethan's Legacy and it got dropped just as it was getting good. I thought this could make up for it and it got dropped again.

I am in no way defending the dev. I just remember reading about things as they went down. It managed to get brought up on a few forums I was dwelling on.

I just wanted more Sonic.
Yeah, I hear you brother, Sonic was HAF :love::love::love:

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
V3X never blamed his patrons for the projects he abandoned. We got from conjecture that he ended up hating what he did with Ethan's legacy. In the beginning he didn't want to take money for this project as it felt "scummy" for him as he knew his updates would come in slow. You can see his posts in the early pages where he discusses that.

Yeah, I hear you brother, Sonic was HAF :love::love::love:
That's the part I agree with.

We need more Sooooniiiiic!!!!
Also, the story was excellent. Too bad it was cut early.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Isnt this abandoned too?
That would be what the big abandoned tag at the top means, yes.

Dev did suffer from depression but he also got a new job and moved around a bit. I think it's a lot fo things not just one in particular.

It was mainly the depression that caused him to abandon Ethan's Legacy. The messages that popped up on Reddit said as much. There were a few other things like the game turning into something he didn't like, that's what made him restart.

I don't know the full story as to why he's dropped off the grid again, i'm not hovering around the same circles I did back then where all the juicy gossip was but I have managed to gather that he got really busy with his personal life.

Whether or not he will add to this I don't know. He has said it will get updated in his time and he isn't claiming any money nor has any intention too so it could take a few years or it could be dropped altogether.

It's a damn shame if it is, he's got talent, but we can't force him to work .... according to what i've studied up on there are certain "laws" preventing me from kidnapping him and making him work. Sucks really.

alpharenji

Jul 5, 2018

Dev did suffer from depression but he also got a new job and moved around a bit. I think it's a lot fo things not just one in particular.

It was mainly the depression that caused him to abandon Ethan's Legacy. The messages that popped up on Reddit said as much. There were a few other things like the game turning into something he didn't like, that's what made him restart.

I don't know the full story as to why he's dropped off the grid again, i'm not hovering around the same circles I did back then where all the juicy gossip was but I have managed to gather that he got really busy with his personal life.

Whether or not he will add to this I don't know. He has said it will get updated in his time and he isn't claiming any money nor has any intention too so it could take a few years or it could be dropped altogether.

It's a damn shame if it is, he's got talent, but we can't force him to work .... according to what i've studied up on there are certain "laws" preventing me from kidnapping him and making him work. Sucks really.
I didnt see a tag when I posted maybe I missed it but it is a damn shame He or She is really talented

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017

LMFAO... Id probably help you kidnap him lol :ROFLMAO:

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
He's off the grid for long. Either he will show up with a yet-again different project (he didn't like the patreon rules and adapted the story to be non-incest which I think was one of the reasons he dropped Patreon) or with this project far more advanced, like 2-3 times what we've seen so far.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
At this point I simply think he's one of those guys with incredible talent, but either very unfortunate circumstances or a total lack of determination to finish anything. Maybe he gets bored too easily as well and it also contributes to the never finishes anything situation.

• Angry
Reactions: BellaSouth

BellaSouth

Nov 22, 2019
At this point I simply think he's one of those guys with incredible talent, but either very unfortunate circumstances or a total lack of determination to finish anything. Maybe he gets bored too easily as well and it also contributes to the never finishes anything situation.
Good, if we're going to speculate on what know absolutely nothing about, I'd say he couldn't solve his issues and is in a mental institution :(

Last edited:

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Also possible and even though it would be somewhat negative at least he would get some help he desperately needs.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes