VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Well maybe this is just a hobby for him but for his patreons is really something serious because they're paying for those games is made ! He's just very disrepectful towards them...so if it is really a "hobby" why he doesn't create free games ?!
Are you going to apologize to V3X for falsely accusing him?

Reactions: UncleVT

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Are you going to apologize to V3X for falsely accusing him?
I think now would be a good time to let the mistake rest, please. No point in rubbing his nose in it bud.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
True. And she found him being arrested and stayed by his side for a year after that, not being his girl, before she did anything with another man.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
I sure hope to see this story continue, this was one of my favorite games, the story and the renders are amazing. :)
Why was it one of your favorites, what was so great about it?
At its current stage its very bare bones, the story came down to Wolverine meets and falls in love with Pretty Woman, also gets coerced into a cartel to protect mates whose sequence of events seem to belong to Latin telenovela, btw mindbreak horny drugs lmao.

Reactions: bobbo69

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I don't know really, it's just that I thought there was a lot I could do with all these beautiful girls, there are all so beautiful ;P;P;P

Reactions: Vegeta and troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Why was it one of your favorites, what was so great about it?
At its current stage its very bare bones, the story came down to Wolverine meets and falls in love with Pretty Woman, also gets coerced into a cartel to protect mates whose sequence of events seem to belong to Latin telenovela, btw mindbreak horny drugs lmao.
It is one of my favorites because the story comes down to indecisive regen-guy (certainly no wolverine type) who meets and falls in ? (I wouldn't call it love) with Pretty Woman, is Coerced in a cartel to cover his ass and he has a mysterious background + some personal baggage with the girl that loved him and the friends that betrayed him (not unlike a Latin Telenovela) + mindbreak horly drugs.
Now add an interesting write-up of said characters, the ambiguity of them that generate personal investment and interesting discussions (is Rose downright evil for her actions? Is there a silver lining? What about Gina's relation with the MC? Should have he kicked her out?) + The music in the bar.

What is there to NOT love?!

Just listing those things made me nostalgic. What a freaking awesome game this has been. I really hope we see more content soon.

Sonic for the win!

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
ok ... WHY is his third game abandoned as well ?! wtf ?

can someone explain what's wrong with the dev ?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
ok ... WHY is his third game abandoned as well ?! wtf ?

can someone explain what's wrong with the dev ?
Nothing, it isn't "technically" abandoned but it will only get updates as and when he can. He works full time and has a lot going on, he hasn't hid that.

Reactions: Centurion

hideouz

Apr 15, 2018
hmpf, abandoned
i really like the story, even there arent really choices to make but still it was nice one

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
hmpf, abandoned
i really like the story, even there arent really choices to make but still it was nice one
It's not abandoned, it's being developed slowly and perhaps V3X changes a few things in the story now that he doesn't intend to go through Patreon

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
It's not abandoned, it's being developed slowly and perhaps V3X changes a few things in the story now that he doesn't intend to go through Patreon
i don't understand ... "being developed slowly"

can you elaborate on this kindly ? because it makes no sense to me ...

troll822

Jun 22, 2017

Last time the developer posted here, he told us he can't develop content monthly, so he will continue in much slower pace. He has previously mentioned he would like to put animation and how 2 seconds of animation with 60 frames take a looong time to render.
I also suspect that since he isn't constrained by patreon's rules any more, he may change parts of the existing story.

Last time, he was away for 8-9 months before he showed up with these awesome games.

All in all if he goes back and adds animation to existing scenes and creates more content in a slower pace, it could well be one release per 6-12 months. That's what I mean with "slow" development.

Reactions: yaxir

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
Last time the developer posted here, he told us he can't develop content monthly, so he will continue in much slower pace. He has previously mentioned he would like to put animation and how 2 seconds of animation with 60 frames take a looong time to render.
I also suspect that since he isn't constrained by patreon's rules any more, he may change parts of the existing story.

Last time, he was away for 8-9 months before he showed up with these awesome games.

All in all if he goes back and adds animation to existing scenes and creates more content in a slower pace, it could well be one release per 6-12 months. That's what I mean with "slow" development.
i see ... thanks

Reactions: troll822

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

Basically he works full time and only does this as a hobby. He isn't using Patreon so he doesn't have to worry about people demanding anything from him since no one is paying so updates will come as and when he can do them.

It could be a month, it could be a year or it could be longer it depends how busy he is.

Reactions: Centurion and yaxir

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
All I know is that I REALLY hope that this project isn't abandoned but rather that the dev is just taking his time with development, as it is/was merely a hobby (a hobby that once upon a time got to him real bad, thanks to listening to the audience too much and letting them dictate the direction of the story and so on), because V3X has an incredible writing skill, the renders are great, some of the best out there, V3X has incredible potential.
And I just love the atmosphere in the story, very Sin City- like neo-noir storytelling, I just love it, haha.
I hope the dev is indeed still working on this, I really do. :)

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes