VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I don't remember if there were any meaningful choices, but for the most part it's click and watch.
There are meaningful choices and unfortunately they are exclusive. If you pursue Rose you don't get a special scene with Gina etc.

Reactions: Lotex

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
There are meaningful choices and unfortunately they are exclusive. If you pursue Rose you don't get a special scene with Gina etc.
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. It's been so long that I totally forgot about it.

aasss4

Sep 16, 2018
Best VN ever... 99 out of 100... i take away a point because of Gina's shirts :)
Hope to see more

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Too bad for you then, the game is already abandonned ...
It's been labelled abandoned by staff per their rules/criteria but V3X does this as a hobby and at his own pace. The prequel took him almost a year but he finished it and shared it. That's one of the 2 reasons why he took down his Patreon page.... he didn't feel it was right to accept donations under those conditions.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I just hope he won't rewrite material he already has in place but will just continue with the story.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
To summarize: the tag used is not correct, the game is not abandoned but "on hold", or better, on slow development. The problem with "abandoned" tag, used in cases like this, is that I was simply ignoring the thread, and I clicked just for curiosity. And I suppose I'm not the only one ignoring discussions with [Abandoned] tag. [On hold] would better describe the status of this game.

Now I am going to download the game given the good reviews I've read here. Despite the tag. :)

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
To summarize: the tag used is not correct, the game is not abandoned but "on hold", or better, on slow development. The problem with "abandoned" tag, used in cases like this, is that I was simply ignoring the thread, and I clicked just for curiosity. And I suppose I'm not the only one ignoring discussions with [Abandoned] tag. [On hold] would better describe the status of this game.

Now I am going to download the game given the good reviews I've read here. Despite the tag. :)
We wouldn't be here haunting this thread if the game was not worth the loyalty, trust me.

Reactions: Centurion

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
It isn't abandoned. This is the Dev's hobby that he shares with us when there's enough progress. There isn't any schedule for releases.
Just because it's really, really slow doesn't mean it's not abandoned, but for now until further notice it's best to assume it's not abandoned.

May 21, 2018
It's been labelled abandoned by staff per their rules/criteria but V3X does this as a hobby and at his own pace. The prequel took him almost a year but he finished it and shared it. That's one of the 2 reasons why he took down his Patreon page.... he didn't feel it was right to accept donations under those conditions.
Well maybe this is just a hobby for him but for his patreons is really something serious because they're paying for those games is made ! He's just very disrepectful towards them...so if it is really a "hobby" why he doesn't create free games ?!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Well maybe this is just a hobby for him but for his patreons is really something serious because they're paying for those games is made ! He's just very disrepectful towards them...so if it is really a "hobby" why he doesn't create free games ?!
I think you're a little wrong. Can you tell me how many patreons has he?

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
He discontinued his patreon just for this reason despite some of his patreons (me included) not minding paying a little money even if it takes him 6 months per chapter. He felt it was scammy since he couldn't provide content every month so he thanked us and discontinued his patreon.

As a note, he opened his patreon after he had the prequel and the first chapter out and discontinued it after he posted the 2nd chapter. It was not a long time before he stopped accepting money.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
despite some of his patreons (me included) not minding paying a little money
He felt he is responsible for all of his patrons not just some. A very commendable attitude, acting on principle. Hence the reason i don't even understand FrenchX at all. Its like he is talking about an entirelly different Dev and project. Hopefully we will see a continuation at some point.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes