VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
the fuck, he abandoned this one as well ?! i really believed that he learned from his mistakes with ethans legacy and this one albeit slow will be worked on and eventually finished... what a shame...

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
the fuck, he abandoned this one as well ?! i really believed that he learned from his mistakes with ethans legacy and this one albeit slow will be worked on and eventually finished... what a shame...
I'm pretty sure that it's because of people like you and your comments that he/she decided to quit.

He or She doesn't owe you fucking anything.

I'm disappointed too that the game/story might not get an ending, but saying things like "Yeah he didn't learned from his mistakes" is not something that will help him/her to continue. These kind of comments are neither constructive neither encouraging, so keep them for yourself.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Honestly, we don't even know if V3X truly abandoned this or not, he/she may be just taking the time to create content, this is, or was, whichever the case, V3X's hobby, doing it when there's time. The reason why there's nothing else to do but slap "abandoned" tag on this VN for the time-being is because there's no development news of any kind, we haven't heard from V3X in a long time, and 3 months without any news is pretty much an automatic "abandoned"-tag until proven otherwise. V3X shut down his Patreon a long time ago, so there's no way to know what's what.

I'm pretty sure that it's because of people like you and your comments that he/she decided to quit.

I'm disappointed too that the game/story might not get an ending, but saying things like "Yeah he didn't learned from his mistakes" is not something that will help him/her to continue. These kind of comments are neither constructive neither encouraging, so keep them for yourself.
Yeah I agree with all that entirely, some people seem to lack understanding and compassion for what V3X went through in the past. I for one care more for V3X's well-being than anything else. Of course it would be great to have more updates for this story and even finish the story, but if V3X isn't up for it, for whatever reason that may be, or if he/she is just taking the time, then people should be more supportive, rather than nagging about stuff. Stuff they are leeching for free by the way, they a get a free product and still they're bitching.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Couldn't he had just turned off any payments for the time-being, until he's able to upload content, and then take, lets say one time payments for that, and keep doing it that way, rather than taking monthly fees?
Why do you ask me? :-( There are many things he could do, like put a nice big banner of "I will update when I can and it may be months. You are free to patronize or not but that's how it is"
Frankly, he had a similar warning there. And he gave us such a warning in this thread too if you go back.

For all it's worth, I would happily continue patronizing him with a little money, like I do for Yandere Simulator (and I don't play the demo).
Pay per release would've been the answer.
There were two reasons - the second was that he didn't want anyone else to be able to dictate content.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017

I'm disappointed too that the game/story might not get an ending,
Hold your horses.
He didn't abandon the game.

He just hasn't given word for the past 3 months so the site put the tag themselves. Unless he says he abandoned this game we have no way to know.
Yet, when he had "abandoned" Ethan's Legacy, he returned 8 months later with ~1GB worth of content.

For all we know, he may have decided to publish only big, multi-hour updates, like whole chapters not episodes.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017

what are you his lawyer ? if you cant handle criticism on the internet, then dont post anything. and my comment wasnt even criticism, just observing the situation. and what part of it was not true. didnt the dev himself admit that he made mistakes which were the reason to abandon ethans legacy ? if this one is abandoned aswell, its either bcs he has personal stuff to deal with, or he made the same mistakes.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
what are you his lawyer ? if you cant handle criticism on the internet, then dont post anything. and my comment wasnt even criticism, just observing the situation. and what part of it was not true. didnt the dev himself admit that he made mistakes which were the reason to abandon ethans legacy ? if this one is abandoned aswell, its either bcs he has personal stuff to deal with, or he made the same mistakes.
Initially with Ethan's Legacy he made the mistake to listen to people and let them dictate where the story was going to, rather than sticking to what HE wanted to do, he loathed the direction it was going to and it got to him bad, and you really can't do anything if you despise it. V3X did get better early this year when he/she started working on this VN, doing things HIS/HER way. I have no idea why V3X presumably stopped again, could be a busy schedule IRL, could be a lot of things, maybe V3X is just taking the time coming up with content and making sure they are of great quality, it's better to take the time to guarantee good quality, than do things with haste just to pump up quantity while quality suffers.
But yeah, we just don't know what's up, no way to know, not unless V3X pops in and lets us know.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Initially with Ethan's Legacy he made the mistake to listen to people and let them dictate where the story was going to, rather than sticking to what HE wanted to do, he loathed the direction it was going to and it got to him bad, and you really can't do anything if you despise it. V3X did get better early this year when he/she started working on this VN, doing things HIS/HER way. I have no idea why V3X presumably stopped again, could be a busy schedule IRL, could be a lot of things, maybe V3X is just taking the time coming up with content and making sure they are of great quality, it's better to take the time to guarantee good quality, than do things with haste just to pump up quantity while quality suffers.
But yeah, we just don't know what's up, no way to know, not unless V3X pops in and lets us know.
Exactly!

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I had high hopes for this game and I know V3X will not abandoned this one
Well, we don't know what's what and there's no way to know until V3X pops in and let us know of recent developments and such, so until we do know, I'd just like to think V3X is taking his time coming up with stuff and making sure they come the best quality possible, I know that was his intention in the first place when he first started, I'm not quick to write him off, he has a great talent for story-telling and for CG art, I'd love to see V3X reach his full potential down the road :)

Reactions: jaydem

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
what are you his lawyer ?
YES

And by the sound of it, you must be his bitching Mother in Law, only a grumpy old hag who hasn't being fucked in ages can be so critical of something he/she's getting for free.

Reactions: Nerttu

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
YES

And by the sound of it, you must be his bitching Mother in Law, only a grumpy old hag who hasn't being fucked in ages can be so critical of something he/she's getting for free.
He's a good dev, he's just a flake when it comes to completing things. Trying to deny something obvious is like denying that water is wet. If you can't comprehend that people just want to see the guy finish something he starts, man, you're going to have a bad time here and causing a ruckus in the thread? That'll end up garnering the attention of a mod at some point. Lets try to keep things civil ok? We're all just people here looking for our kink fix.

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
He's a good dev, he's just a flake when it comes to completing things. Trying to deny something obvious is like denying that water is wet. If you can't comprehend that people just want to see the guy finish something he starts, man, you're going to have a bad time here and causing a ruckus in the thread? That'll end up garnering the attention of a mod at some point. Lets try to keep things civil ok? We're all just people here looking for our kink fix.
I understand that, but people complaining about not only V3X have to somehow understand that these DEV's have a life in the real world with all that implies (good or bad), when they are online they are hiding that life behind a nickname as all of us, most of them make these games as a learning process first of all, and they're sharing it freely.

I can also understand that some fans have some real ideas, constructive ones as to improve the CG, the story or the gameplay.

Well then stick to it and try to understand that not each Dev want's to spend his time on f95 to just read criticism, if he wants to make the game, he will, if he doesn't then why blame him, you don't know what's going on with his/her life. He is doing it (once again) for free, try to be supportive and just wait. Why do some people here feel like that the DEV's owe them something. Most of them are just leechers, most of them don't even support the DEV's on Patreon yet here they are insulting and criticizing.

As I said, I myself loved the game, the story and the CG, but if V3X doesn't want or can't because of personal issues, who the fuck am I to criticize that. Sure I'll be disappointed but then again, the DEV doesn't owe me anything and I just wish him/her the best in life.

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
I understand that, but people complaining about not only V3X have to somehow understand that these DEV's have a life in the real world with all that implies (good or bad), when they are online they are hiding that life behind a nickname as all of us, most of them make these games as a learning process first of all, and they're sharing it freely.

I can also understand that some fans have some real ideas, constructive ones as to improve the CG, the story or the gameplay.

Well then stick to it and try to understand that not each Dev want's to spend his time on f95 to just read criticism, if he wants to make the game, he will, if he doesn't then why blame him, you don't know what's going on with his/her life. He is doing it (once again) for free, try to be supportive and just wait. Why do some people here feel like that the DEV's owe them something. Most of them are just leechers, most of them don't even support the DEV's on Patreon yet here they are insulting and criticizing.

As I said, I myself loved the game, the story and the CG, but if V3X doesn't want or can't because of personal issues, who the fuck am I to criticize that. Sure I'll be disappointed but then again, the DEV doesn't owe me anything and I just wish him/her the best in life.
As they old saying goes , "Don't start something you cant finish." I would never give this guy money with his track record. Would rather support a dev that has a plan and wants to finish like the guy who made Acting Lessons. Thats how you get money, give me an outline of what you plan to do not just an open ended development path to nowhere.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Why do some people here feel like that the DEV's owe them something.
Because in general, most people don't see beyond the tip of their nose. Worse? Welcome to generation z, where people expect something for nothing all the time.

if he wants to make the game, he will, if he doesn't then why blame him, you don't know what's going on with his/her life.
You're right on this, that's up for him to decide. If he's having serious personal issues in real life, those should take priority. Either he'll get back to developing his games or he won't once he's accomplished that.

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
As they old saying goes , "Don't start something you cant finish." I would never give this guy money with his track record. Would rather support a dev that has a plan and wants to finish like the guy who made Acting Lessons. Thats how you get money, give me an outline of what you plan to do not just an open ended development path to nowhere.
Have you heard of something called "unforeseen circumstances"... I do not wish any ill will to the DEV of Acting Lessons (or anyone actually), but what will happen on these same threads if something happens to him/her or in his/her life?

What if the Dev took a few weeks or even months to focus on their personal life rather than the game forgetting to update his Patreon page?

The same fans will be outraged without knowing anything about that person and resolve to name-calling and personal insults with their mob mentality.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018

Have you heard of something called "unforeseen circumstances"... I do not wish any ill will to the DEV of Acting Lessons (or anyone actually), but what will happen on these same threads if something happens to him/her or in his/her life?

What if the Dev took a few weeks or even months to focus on their personal life rather than the game forgetting to update his Patreon page?

The same fans will be outraged without knowing anything about that person and resolve to name-calling and personal insults with their mob mentality.
All of that is all very true, but many people tend to forget those things, or downright ignore or even dismiss them, it's like they have this deliberate ill-will toward everyone that doesn't meet their own little expectations, despite the fact that most of them are leeching the games here. As far as I'm concerned; if you're not paying for the products, you have no right to demand a damn thing and should rather just be quiet and wait patiently. Paying customers on the other hand do have the right to demand equivalent for their money.

Constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated when it comes to the products, but it should be kept civil and like I said, constructive. Hostility and being a downright asshole helps nobody, certainly won't inspire the DEVs to do their best to please the naggers, haha.

Reactions: perVeR

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018

I am not arguing that, did something happen? I must have missed it if so, regardless an outline of your plan is very helpful. Sorry if I came off as an uncaring Dick but I do care if something legit happened. This game had a ton of potential, its a shame to see it abandoned and I think that is what is a bummer. If the game sucked no one would care.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I am not arguing that, did something happen? I must have missed it if so, regardless an outline of your plan is very helpful. Sorry if I came off as an uncaring Dick but I do care if something legit happened. This game had a ton of potential, its a shame to see it abandoned and I think that is what is a bummer. If the game sucked no one would care.
When the dev was working on Ethan's Legacy, at the end he loathed the direction the story was taking, he let the audience dictate where the story should go instead of doing what he wanted to do, it depressed him pretty damn, he hated what the story had become and he couldn't care less about completing it, plus I think he had some personal issues as well.

His Legacy was his comeback, making the story as he intended it to be in the first place. We don't know if he abandoned this VN, or maybe he's just taking his time making new content, we just don't know, no way to know, he doesn't have Patreon or anything anymore, so we get no news unless he comes here to let us know.

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
Constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated when it comes to the products, but it should be kept civil and like I said, constructive. Hostility and being a downright asshole helps nobody, certainly won't inspire the DEVs to do their best to please the naggers, haha.
Exactly, and that's the reason I decided to comment. If you have something useful or helpful to add about the gameplay, the story or the rendering process which will only be beneficial to everyone not only the dev sure do it.

But calling someone Lazy, just because that person needs time of their own isn't constructive and it makes you a total asshole.

Reactions: DA22 and Snomiser
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes