VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Ethan's legacy was IMO the best game in this forum... until this reboot. Now it's the 2nd best. :)
it certainly is a damn good one, I always get these Sin City vibes when playing this VN, the atmosphere is similar, story-telling style is similar, haha, and the art is amazing, so is the story :p

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
What were the things that made this developer quit in the first place? I've gathered bit's here and there (the developer having depression, not liking the way the game went), but still not the full story.
What was so bad about the last game/catered to the audience?
He tried to please everyone and the game ended up not even or barely resembling what he intended. He dislikes what it became enough that he loathes the idea of finishing it. Game development takes quite a bit of time and I don't blame him for not wanting to continue something that he dislikes that much.

As far as catering to the audience - games usually go to hell in a handbasket when developers do that. The best games are those that the dev has thought through at least for the general story before beginning it.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
He tried to please everyone and the game ended up not even or barely resembling what he intended. He dislikes what it became enough that he loathes the idea of finishing it. Game development takes quite a bit of time and I don't blame him for not wanting to continue something that the dislikes that much.

As far as catering to the audience - games usually go to hell in a handbasket when developers do that. The best games are those that the dev has thought through at least for the general story before beginning it.
Yeah exactly, that's how much I've gathered, and I don't know if that was the sole reason why the dev fell into a bad place, or was there something going on in his personal life, too, that got him all depressed and so forth (or at least that's what I've heard), but I really hope he's in a better place now and doing well.
And hopefully he still continues working on this VN, make it the way he intended Ethan's Legacy to be, but only better.
It's been quite a while since last update, and I haven't heard any development news either, but this is his hobby more than anything else, so he's taking his time with it, that's of course if he hasn't abandoned it, I hope he hasn't, it's some really spectacular work he's done with this.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
V3X hasn't been heard from in 3 months, adding Abandoned tag unfortunately.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
V3X hasn't been heard from in 3 months, adding Abandoned tag unfortunately.
Well that's a damn shame :(
But the tag will be removed if V3X is heard from or if we get project development news, right?
Well, it has been a very long time now without any news as far as I know, but I remain hopeful! :)

Marko1245

Jun 8, 2017
NO this game is abandoned !!!!!!! I am SHOCKED since he finished all his other games......... LOL

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
NO this game is abandoned !!!!!!! I am SHOCKED since he finished all his other games......... LOL
Him abandoning the previous games didn't come off as a surprise. But abandoning this one is a bit of a surprise because THIS one was going to be what the original was supposed to be.
Not sure why he abandoned this one though. Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from the past issues that he had. Maybe he hasn't abandoned anything, maybe just instead taking a break, this is after all just a hobby if his.
Ah well, who knows, but I remain hopeful still though, we'll see.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Not sure why he abandoned this one though. Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from the past issues that he had. Maybe he hasn't abandoned anything, maybe just instead taking a break, this is after all just a hobby if his.
Ah well, who knows, but I remain hopeful still though, we'll see.
I don't think he abandoned this game. For starters, if he found it in himself to return to creating games and make the prequel and the first couple of chapters under a worse situation (back then he appeared to be really unhappy and dispirited, dropping the game was not that much of a surprise), I don't think he can stay away from his favorite hobby this time either.

He explains what made him abandon Ethan's Legacy last year.

Now, he abandoned Ethan's Legacy and Daryce, if memory serves, at August 2017. He was back in April 2018 with the prequel and the first chapter under his belt.
That is going from abandon ~> recovery ~> 2 1/2 chapters in 8 months.

Before V3X discontinued his patreon, he showed some different story he was working on. So for all we know he may be part-timing two games.

And last but not least: Hope. I'll be lurking here just in case he shows up whether it takes a day or several months.

Reactions: mupp778

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I don't think he abandoned this game. For starters, if he found it in himself to return to creating games and make the prequel and the first couple of chapters under a worse situation (back then he appeared to be really unhappy and dispirited, dropping the game was not that much of a surprise), I don't think he can stay away from his favorite hobby this time either.

He explains what made him abandon Ethan's Legacy last year.

Now, he abandoned Ethan's Legacy and Daryce, if memory serves, at August 2017. He was back in April 2018 with the prequel and the first chapter under his belt.
That is going from abandon ~> recovery ~> 2 1/2 chapters in 8 months.

Before V3X discontinued his patreon, he showed some different story he was working on. So for all we know he may be part-timing two games.

And last but not least: Hope. I'll be lurking here just in case he shows up whether it takes a day or several months.
Yeah I'm also keeping an eye V3X and this VN, what I really hope is that he's okay and is in a good place now, knowing how bad things were a year ago, but I also wish he'd continue with this VN because this VN is amazing from art to story and story-telling, it's a top notch quality VN this one. So I will be around, too, keeping an eye, it just sucks that I don't know where it would be possible to follow on any progress he might be making, other than this site if he decides to post a message in this thread. Or if he's working on a different game/VN, I don't know where to follow that :p

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
That's why we were telling him to keep his patreon page open, but he told us he thought it was "scamy" since he didn't intent to post regular updates.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That's why we were telling him to keep his patreon page open, but he told us he thought it was "scamy" since he didn't intent to post regular updates.
Couldn't he had just turned off any payments for the time-being, until he's able to upload content, and then take, lets say one time payments for that, and keep doing it that way, rather than taking monthly fees?

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Couldn't he had just turned off any payments for the time-being, until he's able to upload content, and then take, lets say one time payments for that, and keep doing it that way, rather than taking monthly fees?
Why do you ask me? :-( There are many things he could do, like put a nice big banner of "I will update when I can and it may be months. You are free to patronize or not but that's how it is"
Frankly, he had a similar warning there. And he gave us such a warning in this thread too if you go back.

For all it's worth, I would happily continue patronizing him with a little money, like I do for Yandere Simulator (and I don't play the demo).

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Why do you ask me? :-( There are many things he could do, like put a nice big banner of "I will update when I can and it may be months. You are free to patronize or not but that's how it is"
Frankly, he had a similar warning there. And he gave us such a warning in this thread too if you go back.

For all it's worth, I would happily continue patronizing him with a little money, like I do for Yandere Simulator (and I don't play the demo).
Well, lets just continue hoping for the best :)

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
As my first ever comment on f95, I've to say that this the most engaging and intriguing VN I've really played, the story seems amazing (even though there are some tiny tiny plot holes, and to be honest, it's not that original, but I find the Mafia Family idea with the sci-fi tone AMAZING) but otherwise, I would love to know the rest of the story as V3X had imagined it. I want to see his vision (Saw a lot of comments about his previous games and how people/fans/trolls treated him, so all I've to say about it is FUCK THEM).

Unfortunately I also saw the abandoned tag and was a little disappointed, but I hope that it's just a temporary thing. I just wish him the best. In the meantime all I can add is that I never thought that I would fall in love with a CGI character but Sonic/Maria is the most beautiful creature I've ever seen in any VN (or any CG) until now.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
As my first ever comment on f95, I've to say that this the most engaging and intriguing VN I've really played, the story seems amazing (even though there are some tiny tiny plot holes, and to be honest, it's not that original, but I find the Mafia Family idea with the sci-fi tone AMAZING) but otherwise, I would love to know the rest of the story as V3X had imagined it. I want to see his vision (Saw a lot of comments about his previous games and how people/fans/trolls treated him, so all I've to say about it is FUCK THEM).

Unfortunately I also saw the abandoned tag and was a little disappointed, but I hope that it's just a temporary thing. I just wish him the best. In the meantime all I can add is that I never thought that I would fall in love with a CGI character but Sonic/Maria is the most beautiful creature I've ever seen in any VN (or any CG) until now.
Well, in this day and age it's extremely hard to come up with anything too original, but as far as VNs go, this story stands out real well, if you pay attention to the story-telling style and the atmosphere and how eerie and sad, depressing everything is around the MC, I kinda get some big Sin City vibes from it, that dark noir vibe, you know? Only other VN that also gives me that is Depraved Awakening.

Maria is amazing, isn't she? Haha, she definitely has this certain aura to her, like the bartender said. When she looks directly at you, you can't help but to look right back straight in the eyes, and it feels like she's mind-fucking you, in a good way, it's just wow! Haha. But I also really really love Rose, she's got that elegant sexiness and beauty to her, even though she comes off as a cold bitch, but in her line of work and position, you kinda have to be. Gina is real fine too, MC's best childhood friend.

It is indeed saddening that the "Abandoned" tag was slapped on this one, this is one of the best VNs I've ever played, it's extremely captivating and you want more. But as long as V3X is doing alright and is in a good place, that's most important, lets just hope he will carry on with this one sooner rather than later. :)

Reactions: artichoke1979

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
Well, in this day and age it's extremely hard to come up with anything too original, but as far as VNs go, this story stands out real well, if you pay attention to the story-telling style and the atmosphere and how eerie and sad, depressing everything is around the MC, I kinda get some big Sin City vibes from it, that dark noir vibe, you know? Only other VN that also gives me that is Depraved Awakening.

Maria is amazing, isn't she? Haha, she definitely has this certain aura to her, like the bartender said. When she looks directly at you, you can't help but to look right back straight in the eyes, and it feels like she's mind-fucking you, in a good way, it's just wow! Haha. But I also really really love Rose, she's got that elegant sexiness and beauty to her, even though she comes off as a cold bitch, but in her line of work and position, you kinda have to be. Gina is real fine too, MC's best childhood friend.

It is indeed saddening that the "Abandoned" tag was slapped on this one, this is one of the best VNs I've ever played, it's extremely captivating and you want more. But as long as V3X is doing alright and is in a good place, that's most important, lets just hope he will carry on with this one sooner rather than later. :)
I agree, the most important thing here is that V3X is doing alright, once again I really wish him or her my best. If I had a way to contact him or her, I'll just repeat that one sentence again and again. He or She (doesn't matter) has a real talent in storytelling and I don't want him or her to waste this talent.

As for Maria, GODDDDD... It's the most beautiful creature I've ever seen, the Aura (as you said), the innocence, her beautiful face, her hair and that toned/tanned/tight body. She is the most original CG character I've seen here on f95 until now, as most of the others just use the same CG models, but Maria... Aaaaaahhhh, WOW, just WOW.
As for Rose, she comes in second, she is indeed Elegant, Gorgeous and especially Glamorous and again original compared to other VN CG Models.

As for the story, as I said, sure it's not the most original but the idea behind it (a slice of the Godfather, Sin-City as you said, X-men) is indeed the best I've seen here.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I agree, the most important thing here is that V3X is doing alright, once again I really wish him or her my best. If I had a way to contact him or her, I'll just repeat that one sentence again and again. He or She (doesn't matter) has a real talent in storytelling and I don't want him or her to waste this talent.

As for Maria, GODDDDD... It's the most beautiful creature I've ever seen, the Aura (as you said), the innocence, her beautiful face, her hair and that toned/tanned/tight body. She is the most original CG character I've seen here on f95 until now, as most of the others just use the same CG models, but Maria... Aaaaaahhhh, WOW, just WOW.
As for Rose, she comes in second, she is indeed Elegant, Gorgeous and especially Glamorous and again original compared to other VN CG Models.

As for the story, as I said, sure it's not the most original but the idea behind it (a slice of the Godfather, Sin-City as you said, X-men) is indeed the best I've seen here.
Well, I don't know if Maria has that innocent look, I think what I see is quite the opposite. She's fully aware of her own sex appeal and everything. But in the story it was real cool when it was said that she's never looked at no man like the way she looked at MC. Can easily see in her eyes that she's...hmm, well, without knowing a better word to describe it; imprinted on MC, some might call it love at first sight, haha. But whatever it is, the look in her eyes is breath-taking and highly erotic, haha. She's also been through tough hardships in life, Maria and MC both have a similar past and all.

artichoke1979

Aug 18, 2018
Well, I don't know if Maria has that innocent look, I think what I see is quite the opposite. She's fully aware of her own sex appeal and everything. But in the story it was real cool when it was said that she's never looked at no man like the way she looked at MC. Can easily see in her eyes that she's...hmm, well, without knowing a better word to describe it; imprinted on MC, some might call it love at first sight, haha. But whatever it is, the look in her eyes is breath-taking and highly erotic, haha. She's also been through tough hardships in life, Maria and MC both have a similar past and all.
How dare you??? Hahaha...

Ok I agree that she is totally aware about her sex-appeal and how attractive she is (or else there won't be two different Mafia factions fighting just for her), but at the same time, she wants to keep her purity/pure side/LOVE for one man only (even though she is not a virgin anymore). That part of her that she wants to share with this person, but only after she has paid her dues. And I loved that about her. She might not be that innocent sexually, but she will only give and share her innocence willingly to just one person.

And yes, that look in her eyes, actually just her eyes are breath-taking. That's why once again, I've to say that she is the most beautiful 3DCG Girl I've seen until now (without forgetting about Rose, I just love her strict side).

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes