VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
I really hope some news this month but i think that " His Legacy " will join " Ethan Legacy "... I understand that he stop patreon because he wants to go at his own pace and i understands that he have a real life but her last post was to told everyone he stop patreon ... Everyone have a life i respect that but come on one post = 5min max of your life ... We don't want screens or release date, we just want so news about the game ( on hold, abandon, still in process, ... ) we know nothing so for me His Legacy is abandon but i hope that i'm not wrong.
This is his hobby. I can't imagine him abandoning it. It may take longer than people want it to but that happens sometimes.

The difference between His Legacy and Ethan's Legacy is that he changed EL to please others to the point that he loathes the thought of it being continued. He did Dancer and is doing HL the way he wants to.... so he can enjoy his hobby. He did Dancer while he was while he was gone for a year after abandoning EL. It was a fun thing for him and he decided to share it when it was finished. I think that's pretty much what we should expect now - a release will be ready when it's ready.

Reactions: bobbo69

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Well, I don't think this game will be abandoned for the simple reason that he has no reason to abandon it. :)
Updates may be slow but if he found the time and creativity to do Dancer, episode 1 and parts of episode 2 while he was away I believe he will continue at his own pace.
Think of it, he was working on this project (and dancer that I consider part of this and not prequel) probably for 3-6 months before he gave us any "news" about the existence of those.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
It is time for me to give this game a go, well actually I'm starting with the "Dancer and a Lustrous Stage", the prequel to this game, but yeah, gonna give it a go because the art looks great and overview was interesting enough, hopefully I'll become a fan.

Reactions: troll822

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
This is his hobby. I can't imagine him abandoning it. It may take longer than people want it to but that happens sometimes.

The difference between His Legacy and Ethan's Legacy is that he changed EL to please others to the point that he loathes the thought of it being continued. He did Dancer and is doing HL the way he wants to.... so he can enjoy his hobby. He did Dancer while he was while he was gone for a year after abandoning EL. It was a fun thing for him and he decided to share it when it was finished. I think that's pretty much what we should expect now - a release will be ready when it's ready.
I don't know what really went down behind the scenes, like what made the dev just abandon his projects or change them and whatnot, but he really should've stuck with what he started, what he enjoyed, rather than let the audience dictate his doings, I mean, no matter what you do, you can never please everybody but the main thing is that YOU enjoy what you're doing, there will always be those that will love and appreciate your work, don't let haters dictate you, EVER.

But I'm glad he didn't quit altogether but rather started over, and if his happy with how things are going now with his productions, then lets hope he will stay on that path :)

Reactions: Centurion

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Well, initially I said that I hope I will become a fan of this VN, now I can say that I most definitely am, it's far better than I expected. The art is amazing, but the story is even better and that's why I play VNs. The whole atmosphere is dark and somewhat eerie, or maybe "ominous" is a better word to describe it, quite the bit of mystery surrounding Ethan and everything.

I REALLY hope the dev will keep on working on this game, and in fact I hope next update would be soon, but based on what many has said, it can still be quite a while, since this is pretty much just a hobby of his, but I'll gladly wait for quality over quantity :)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I also do this as a hobby, mainly cause I need to be creative(although im not the best). I try to release within a month and half. Looking at his renders it may be that he needs a lot of time to render them? Maybe he's just tired of doing it after so long.
But yes he is very good at it.

Well, initially I said that I hope I will become a fan of this VN, now I can say that I most definitely am, it's far better than I expected. The art is amazing, but the story is even better and that's why I play VNs. The whole atmosphere is dark and somewhat eerie, or maybe "ominous" is a better word to describe it, quite the bit of mystery surrounding Ethan and everything.

I REALLY hope the dev will keep on working on this game, and in fact I hope next update would be soon, but based on what many has said, it can still be quite a while, since this is pretty much just a hobby of his, but I'll gladly wait for quality over quantity :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I also do this as a hobby, mainly cause I need to be creative(although im not the best). I try to release within a month and half. Looking at his renders it may be that he needs a lot of time to render them? Maybe he's just tired of doing it after so long.
But yes he is very good at it.
Yeah I agree, his renders are some of the best I've ever seen, gorgeous models, especially Rose, the mob boss, but there's something about Maria too, that certain aura of hers, it's definitely there. But I really love the story in this VN, it's spectacular and the story-telling is awesome, and the atmosphere. I really really hope that he's still working on the VN, but if not, it's truly a shame because he definitely has something great here, but if he's tired or something to keep on going, well, I can understand that, especially after hearing of past problems. But I am definitely a fan, that's for sure.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
This VN needs a fan sig of Rose, the Mob boss lady, there's already a fan sig of the other significant ladies :p

Reactions: mupp778

diablo8x

Feb 3, 2018
( No DMD, No Milf City, No Parental Love, No His Legacy, No Love And Submission )
-DMD is continuing on its own page - dmdgames with all the context
-PL is also continuing but officially without incest - there is a "unoficial" patch on lewdpatcher to restoredti
-don't know about the rest

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yeap. That's why you see us all gathered here for months waiting for updates. :)
Welcome to the club
You know, when playing this VN, I actually get a bit of a Sin City vibe, the story-telling is of similar fashion and I really like that, haha, plus the whole noir aspect, which you also have in Depraved Awakening, loving it, haha.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Has there been any news whatsoever on development process or anything? Really hoping that an update would surface one of these days soon, dying here to continue the story :p

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Has there been any news whatsoever on development process or anything? Really hoping that an update would surface one of these days soon, dying here to continue the story :p
The few news we had were that:
- V3X wants to put in animations because they help his story telling
- Animations done properly (the guy is high-end; 20 fps animations, smooth as a movie) take him a ton of time
- He will slow down to do it as a hobby

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
The few news we had were that:
- V3X wants to put in animations because they help his story telling
- Animations done properly (the guy is high-end; 20 fps animations, smooth as a movie) take him a ton of time
- He will slow down to do it as a hobby
Yeah I'm absolutey a fan of V3X's work, quality VNs, high quality, His Legacy (including the prequel) are some of the best VNs I have ever played, the art is amazing, story-telling top notch, I always get a bit of a Sin City vibe from the story telling, a great noir mystery crime novel and the models are beautiful, especially Sonic (Maria) and Rose but of course MC's best female friend is too (forgot her name) :p

Reactions: Centurion

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
What were the things that made this developer quit in the first place? I've gathered bit's here and there (the developer having depression, not liking the way the game went), but still not the full story.
What was so bad about the last game/catered to the audience?

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
What were the things that made this developer quit in the first place? I've gathered bit's here and there (the developer having depression, not liking the way the game went), but still not the full story.
What was so bad about the last game/catered to the audience?
I think he ended up letting the audience dictate where the original was headed, but not sure if that was all the reason why he hated the direction and what made him abandon it. I think there was also something happening personally, which probably very few know of, and I dare not to pry, as it's not my business, but I do hope that @V3X is now in a good place and doing well :)

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes