VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Patan

May 28, 2017
The fade to blacks are scene transitions and the scenes do change. V3X is experimenting with transition times and said he will modify them in the future.

I can't imagine V3X getting bored with it. This is a hobby that he enjoys. It's just a matter of time and attention needed for work and other things in real life. I don't know when the next release will be but I'm confident that it will happen.
Hopefully, i am just scared that he will abondon this like the last one :FeelsBadMan:

Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
The fade to blacks are scene transitions and the scenes do change. V3X is experimenting with transition times and said he will modify them in the future.

I can't imagine V3X getting bored with it. This is a hobby that he enjoys. It's just a matter of time and attention needed for work and other things in real life. I don't know when the next release will be but I'm confident that it will happen.
I might be mistaken here, I took a look through his previous games, did he not abandon his previous one?Working on a story for very long as a hobby, with a long build-up kind of implies getting bored of it at some point. Especially when it's one story. But yeh, doesn't matter.

For fade to blacks I meant not the element of transitions, I meant a scene begins and the dialogue leads you to believe something is going to happen and then it doesn't.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
I might be mistaken here, I took a look through his previous games, did he not abandon his previous one?Working on a story for very long as a hobby, with a long build-up kind of implies getting bored of it at some point. Especially when it's one story. But yeh, doesn't matter.

For fade to blacks I meant not the element of transitions, I meant a scene begins and the dialogue leads you to believe something is going to happen and then it doesn't.
It wasn't due to boredom. He changed EL so much to please other people that it ended up not even close to his vision of the game. And he disliked what it turned into enough that he loathes the thought of finishing it. Same for Daryce. There were also some personal things that were a factor. He's doing these new VNs as a hobby now and decided that he's going to stick with his vision to ensure that he's happy with what he creates. He even took down his Patreon page so he can do it at his own pace and without anyone else controlling the content.

Reactions: Fusidrive

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Really great game, loved the art, loved the story, loved the atmosphere. However, there seems to be a lot of "fade to black" moments - clearly implied that something is about to happen and then nothing happens.
The only "Fade to black" scene I remember and I was kinda glad for it was the scene between Denise and Sonic. Denise seemed so young at these images that I would feel uncomfortable watching her "relieve the stress" of Sonic. I am not saying I would not watch it, but I feel the whole game was better with the fade to black there.

It wasn't due to boredom. He changed EL so much to please other people that it ended up not even close to his vision of the game. And he disliked what it turned into enough that he loathes the thought of finishing it. Same for Daryce. There were also some personal things that were a factor. He's doing these new VNs as a hobby now and decided that he's going to stick with his vision to ensure that he's happy with what he creates. He even took down his Patreon page so he can do it at his own pace and without anyone else controlling the content.
That +
Daryce was neither completely abandoned (V3X has said he may revisit it because he liked it and complete the endings) + nor left completely unfinished (We got an ending. Not 3 endings but at least an ending).

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Bad news

Joined Apr 2018

This patron isn’t supporting any creators at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: rKnight

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Bad news

Joined Apr 2018

This patron isn’t supporting any creators at the moment.
As has been mentioned quite a few times in this thread, V3X discontinued his Patreon page so he can work at his own pace and so no one else can control the content of his VNs. He does this as a hobby and will share updates with us when they're ready.

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
As has been mentioned quite a few times in this thread, V3X discontinued his Patreon page so he can work at his own pace and so no one else can control the content of his VNs. He does this as a hobby and will share updates with us when they're ready.
ok and thanks

• Hey there
Reactions: rKnight

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
The problem with V3X shutting his patreon is that we can't get word out of him and teasers etc. :(

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The problem with V3X shutting his patreon is that we can't get word out of him and teasers etc. :(
Hummmm, I could understand that it could be a problem for you, but I think it's not such a problem for him, he doesn't want any pressure or anyone to check on him or anything, don't worry, he will update when it's ready, that game is his baby and he enjoys working on it, but at his own pace, the more you wait for it, the more you'll miss it lol... ;)

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Hummmm, I could understand that it could be a problem for you, but I think it's not such a problem for him, he doesn't want any pressure or anyone to check on him or anything, don't worry, he will update when it's ready, that game is his baby and he enjoys working on it, but at his own pace, the more you wait for it, the more you'll miss it lol... ;)
I know. But teasers would be nice, like the one he gave us about Sonic a few weeks ago.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Uff, that's quite the story. Very interesting and the erotic scenes.... fuh, I almost had jumped my wife. :winkytongue:
Great job, thank you for sharing your work with us.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
V3X hasn't posted since May, hopefully he's still doing okay. Easily one of the most talented devs we've ever had.
I'm sure he's doing fine, just busy with his real job and all, and I'm also pretty sure that he works on his game from time to time, cause that's his hobby, but he's doing it at his own pace and free of stress, this is the reason he removed himself from Patreon, he doesn't need the pressure, and I don't really blame him for it either, + their rules are pretty insanely strict. One thing for sure, is that I'm not giving up hope on this game, this is one of the best game around and I really don't mind waiting for it. :)

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes