VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Horse197

Jun 10, 2018
I totally get that. Multiple people have asked me about this, so let me explain. I'm not actually working on three games at once. Blooming Love is almost finished now, so I started working on this project to avoid being unable to provide my Patrons with anything for a long time. Working on 2 projects also helps me with writers block sometimes. When BL is finished, this will be my main project.

Their Beautiful World on the other hand has been put on hold for now and I'm not actively working on it. I'll hopefully get back to it eventually, but we'll see.

And no, 'incest' is not supposed to be tag this time. I know my other game (Blooming Love) featured incest and yes, you do you have a twin sister here. There is no sexual relationship between the main character and her however, because your twin sister is straight this time around.
Shame you didn't complete this. T least you would have got kudos for one of the best games out there.
But...there we go. I suppose getting paid is more important than getting the name in lights.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If indeed it has been abandoned, maybe someone (or 3) would be willing to take up the reins ???
That's not how it works, devs protect their work. The only way anyone could take it over is if they did it for free or they bought the rights from BSS.

Don;t get me wrong, I fucking hate what the dev has done abandoning all these games but you still can;t steal other peoples work to use as your own.

Reactions: Horse197

Horse197

Jun 10, 2018
That's not how it works, devs protect their work. The only way anyone could take it over is if they did it for free or they bought the rights from BSS.

Don;t get me wrong, I fucking hate what the dev has done abandoning all these games but you still can;t steal other peoples work to use as your own.
I understand that, pal. I meant to come to some arrangement with the development guy(s), just to get it moving.
I mean if they have abandoned it, then they would rather watch a great idea go down the pan, instead of letting someone else make something of it
(I meant that with devs permission, or buy it off them).
If I knew what to do, I would take a chance. It's rare you get a game that has this many folks bursting for an upgrade.

Reactions: sdibolcrif

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
@waugeyman
RE your review: from what I can tell it's not quite as exploitative as you make it out to be (start game, collect initial hype money, cancel, repeat) - more just that the author is more interested in profit than art (oh shit, this isn't as marketable as I thought, time for a new strategy).
I don't think this is necessarily an objectively bad approach - but you need to make it very, very clear to the people supporting you. Take Lust & Passion, who specified over a year ago that if they couldn't reach a certain revenue by a certain time (which I guess they've reached? I thought their target was March) the game would be put on hold in favor of going back to uni full time.
That is the way to handle this, not just repeatedly kicking your own backers in the crotch.

Reactions: Latecomer

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
@waugeyman
RE your review: from what I can tell it's not quite as exploitative as you make it out to be (start game, collect initial hype money, cancel, repeat) - more just that the author is more interested in profit than art (oh shit, this isn't as marketable as I thought, time for a new strategy).
I don't think this is necessarily an objectively bad approach - but you need to make it very, very clear to the people supporting you. Take Lust & Passion, who specified over a year ago that if they couldn't reach a certain revenue by a certain time (which I guess they've reached? I thought their target was March) the game would be put on hold in favor of going back to uni full time.
That is the way to handle this, not just repeatedly kicking your own backers in the crotch.
He did make it clear.

One line on his Patreon and a debate we had on this site had him outline that if he didn't get enough support by the time he launched 0.2 of a game he'd drop it and move on.

The only problem is he didn't state this until after getting halfway through High School Crush Simulator.

The main issue being most folk won't start supporting a game unless it looks like it's going to do well and the dev hasn't abandoned games before. When he abandoned HSCS he already had people getting wary as we've all seen that before and that's what I warned him about but he completely ignored me because he knew better.

He went from making $800 a month and growing to $400 a month and shrinking but never learnt. He just kept abandoning games and shrinking his playerbase. He even tried making alt accounts but it failed.

If he had stayed the course and finished HSCS before moving on he'd be making well over $1000 a month nowand still growing. Instead he'll never be able to release a game again. He's gone from potentially being a good dev making a decent living to pretty much blacklisting himself.

He killed his own dev career.

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
What happened to the dev? His patreon is gone. Deciding to abandon this was a really bad choice

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
What happened to the dev? His patreon is gone. Deciding to abandon this was a really bad choice
He abandoned a few games, tried to make alt accounts to make games. He was after quick money and if a game didn't make him any he abandoned and made a new one.

His patreon accounts have all gone because his reputation was shot, he had no way of building back up. He went from nearly 800 patrons to 400 in a week after abandoning 2 games, by the end he had about 4 left.

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
He abandoned a few games, tried to make alt accounts to make games. He was after quick money and if a game didn't make him any he abandoned and made a new one.

His patreon accounts have all gone because his reputation was shot, he had no way of building back up. He went from nearly 800 patrons to 400 in a week after abandoning 2 games, by the end he had about 4 left.

Did he quit making games now? Or is he making a new alt?

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
He did good lesbian games, like Blooming Love, and it went very well. Then he started playing games with male protag and futanari and got into it.

ShepardRahl

May 21, 2018
Does anyone know the password that the laptop asks for in the game?
I've seen others refer to this. I'm guessing this is a laptop in that locked room in the communal area. I have no idea how to even get in there. I've played every character to their end state and there hasn't been anything about that door. I guess I'm missing something.

Xander Fields

May 12, 2017
I've seen others refer to this. I'm guessing this is a laptop in that locked room in the communal area. I have no idea how to even get in there. I've played every character to their end state and there hasn't been anything about that door. I guess I'm missing something.
There is a patreon outfit code entry spot on the laptop you buy from the second hand store.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Ummm . . by this writing,is there a Female Teacher "Love-Interest" for the MC, in game yet ?

(and if so, what's her name ?)

I know it was mentioned a while back (somewhere between Page 1 and Page 5 ) of this thread .

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Ummm . . by this writing,is there a Female Teacher "Love-Interest" for the MC, in game yet ?

(and if so, what's her name ?)

I know it was mentioned a while back (somewhere between Page 1 and Page 5 ) of this thread .
I do not remember if there ever was and it's been abandoned very early on. If there was a plan it's not implemented.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes