VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
does anyone know why they stopped this game to work on their new game Sexual Duty?

does no developer complete games anymore?

Reactions: ShepardRahl

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
Well i haven't played this game sense version .2 and wanted to see all of the novel / games has to offer after playing some more of Blooming love novels and see that this was up to version .6.1 which made me happy but was very saddened when i saw that it is now abandoned :cry: I guess I will just have to be happy with all of the new stuff you write and believe me when i saw I love how your novels keep me enthralled and always keep me wanting for more.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Well since it's abandoned, anyone wanna give the passwords for the secret files, I could only get into the room and access both options. Can't figure it out past that sadly.

kxjoh32

Jun 4, 2017
Ok i got to the part were Ava buys a cat and names it Felix. I started lmao and realized that the writer
Bright Sun Studios must be close to as old as me if he named Avas cat felix. Made me remember an old old cartoon. Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat. Unless it's just a coincidence.*shrugs who knows*

Jaspickle

May 15, 2017
Dev had announced a suspension on this while they work on side projects to develop skills. One's a card game and the other is a quick little story. This dev is still producing games that are similar in the meantime though.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Dev had announced a suspension on this while they work on side projects to develop skills. One's a card game and the other is a quick little story. This dev is still producing games that are similar in the meantime though.
problem is..when two favorites among fans suddenly..die..and the dev goes off to create a new game one is left with the feeling that one may not wish to play anymore of their games due to being left at the alter too many times..

Jaspickle

May 15, 2017
You can either appreciate their work, or succumb to your ego and entitlement. Only one of these two options really bring any kind of satisfaction, so I'm going to go with the former.

These devs are independents. Theirs are passion projects, which is why we like them. If that passion isn't there and they're producing for the sake of producing, the quality will drop dramatically. You probably know this, you've probably seen it over and over.

You do you, bud. I'll appreciate the games they produce.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The Dev has 1 game and 1 short game completed. 5 games abandoned (the card game mentioned above too) in a few months. Besides of that, he or she stops any support to the questions of potentially supporters in those games. Now has two games in v0.1. And again and again is crying about not getting enough support in Patreon. No, I don't appreciate his work, can't see any passion.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Completing a game is so easy when you start with no expectations and you know it can't get worse than that.

Jokes aside, +1 for UncleVT, couldn't have spoken a better truth than that, lowkey want to quote that/this thread to every thread asking "What kind of game should I make?"

Reality is that you should start any project with full knowledge that you will not be getting any money or attention for it: If you will, that's a plus but otherwise you will be continuing for the passion of it.
Of course no one wants to make something for years while getting no attention but it is as simple as cutting out stuff from your game design and patch things up, it will not be the potential full thing but it will be completed regardless.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No, I don't appreciate his work, can't see any passion.
110% agree.

I don't know how delusional you need to be to think that cancelling projects will make people want to support you but that's never worked for anyone else.

It takes time to build up a decent sized playerbase but this dev was just chasing the money and it showed. Pulled my support when it just became about the money. Games development isn't a get rich quick scheme unless you get extremely lucky so for the most part you do it because you love it.

If you are just chasing money then this isn't the industry for you and it certainly isn't for BSS anymore. There is no chance in hell of recovering from 5 abandoned games to build up a playerbase. I've never seen someone sabotage their own career as well as this dev did.

To go from building up with decent games people enjoyed to having absolutely no chance of making it in the space of a few months, that takes some skill to fuck yourself over like that.

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
110% agree.

I don't know how delusional you need to be to think that cancelling projects will make people want to support you but that's never worked for anyone else.

It takes time to build up a decent sized playerbase but this dev was just chasing the money and it showed. Pulled my support when it just became about the money. Games development isn't a get rich quick scheme unless you get extremely lucky so for the most part you do it because you love it.

If you are just chasing money then this isn't the industry for you and it certainly isn't for BSS anymore. There is no chance in hell of recovering from 5 abandoned games to build up a playerbase. I've never seen someone sabotage their own career as well as this dev did.

To go from building up with decent games people enjoyed to having absolutely no chance of making it in the space of a few months, that takes some skill to fuck yourself over like that.
I literally cried (from sadness) when I read the post and the anger came over me I wanted to punch through my monitor. And then I read this I can do nothing but relate.

A company like you said doesnt earn profit in the first 5 years or so, you have to get really lucky. Also really dependent on your product. I looked at the new direction I guess I never comeback.

VeKyth

Jan 14, 2018
So is there actually any pregnancy content other than trying pregnancy tests and getting it as your kink?

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Pregnancy was planned but it's not in the game and the game is abandoned.

Horse197

Jun 10, 2018
Pregnancy was planned but it's not in the game and the game is abandoned.
Abandoned ? Really ? Awww man ! I had this before, I left it alone for 6 months, to come back and see the greatness that it promised to be. It had so much potential.

If indeed it has been abandoned, maybe someone (or 3) would be willing to take up the reins ???

Just a thought.
This had so so much potential.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes