VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
Dev won't ever come back.

He got caught with multiple accounts launching multiple games and, apart from 2, abandoning them when they didn't bring in the support he demanded.

He basically got laughed off the site, deleted his Patreon and was never seen again.

Even if he did manage to reappear he would never make the support he wants, people had enough of his shit when he was going.
I know the gist of what happened, and that's why I get sad when people post here.

Reactions: DeltaTenNZ

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
At least the new comments remind me to unwatch this thread. Another good game gone due to mental Devs. Won't be the last sadly.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Not to pick but this all happened near the end of 2018. You've been watching for over a year without a single update?
I didn't realise I was still watching it, I certainly don't recall getting notifications from this thread since it was parked. So I was kinda surprised when it popped up on my feed. I had a bit of hope the developer had taken some of the spirit of Easter and resurrected it but alas not.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
How is it lazy?
Piggy backing off of someone else's project instead of trying your hand at your own. Like all the shitty Big Brother clones. Not to mention you will constantly get compared to the dev's practices.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Piggy backing off of someone else's project instead of trying your hand at your own. Like all the shitty Big Brother clones. Not to mention you will constantly get compared to the dev's practices.
I dunno. While I agree that taking something someone created and redoing it in your image for a quick buck, as it were, can be pretty shitty, expanding upon it can be good if done right.

The BB clones all seem to take what was done originally in terms of plot and mechanics, and do some light tweaks to make it sufficiently different to pass muster. But they almost all crash and burn when they run out of source material to emulate.

If someone takes a game and takes it further than where it was left then I'm all for that. It's like when fanfictions are abandoned, albeit more technical.

Dec 30, 2018
I dunno. While I agree that taking something someone created and redoing it in your image for a quick buck, as it were, can be pretty shitty, expanding upon it can be good if done right.

The BB clones all seem to take what was done originally in terms of plot and mechanics, and do some light tweaks to make it sufficiently different to pass muster. But they almost all crash and burn when they run out of source material to emulate.

If someone takes a game and takes it further than where it was left then I'm all for that. It's like when fanfictions are abandoned, albeit more technical.
BB?

The reason I brought this up is because I had high hopes for the game before it was abandoned.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
BB?

The reason I brought this up is because I had high hopes for the game before it was abandoned.
Big Brother. It was a big big game a few years back before Patreon came down hard on the Dev. That, coupled with the dev apparently wanting to do something else meant it got abandoned. But as the game was popular you had a lot of half arsed developers taking it and creating a clone to make money. They offer nothing new over the original and at most they tend to fall flat once they try to move out of the shadow of what the original developer created.

I get the point made about people ressurecting games to make a quick buck, but if they're committed and put enough time and effort in to expand on what was there previously then it can be done.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It depends entirely on the game and developer.

If the dev has the wits about them they copyright protect their stuff. While it doesn't mean much to a site like this, if someone was to take their work and try and make money on it they can take them to court for copyright theft and fuck them over for quite a lot of money regardless of how much they actually made.

Some devs are willing to sell the rights to their game, others will hand it over for free that depends on the dev.

This dev was greedy as fuck so if it is protected then chances are he will try and get money out of you if he finds out.

Most of the time you'll be fine but never assume you'll be free to take over any game.

Other complications are die hard fans. If you make a mess of the game and ruin it in any way then chances are they will report to whatever platform you are on i.e. Patreon to try and get it taken down to spite you.

If you do take over someone else's game you need to make damn sure you can do just as good or better than it was.

Personally i've never been a fan of others taking over someone else's game. We'll never get the game as it was intended and people read things differently to others so characters have a habit of changing to how the new dev see's them and I hate that.

It's up to you though.

If you think you can do an amazing job then go for it but you will be judged far more harshly than if it was a new game you'd started yourself.

Reactions: Skads

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Dev won't ever come back.

He got caught with multiple accounts launching multiple games and, apart from 2, abandoning them when they didn't bring in the support he demanded.

He basically got laughed off the site, deleted his Patreon and was never seen again.

Even if he did manage to reappear he would never make the support he wants, people had enough of his shit when he was going.
I'm a late-comer so this is damn interesting.

tonicase24

May 10, 2019
well sort of is..not really been watching this one..but i did like it well enough..too bad the guy was a real asshat.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Holy shit it's been two years already? I remember when it all turned to shit, it was fast. Like he started 6 or 7 projects and none passed the first two or three release. And what i don't get is why he did it, he had a lot of good fans since Blooming Love was and still is a good game, and this one was going to be good too. He would probably make shittons of money if he was less of a greedy asshole.

P.S. If people are getting sad over this, try Coceter Chronycles, now that was hearthbreaking for me since i loved the game i followed the development for quite a long time. So sad :cry: (even if the dev actually had a dawn good reason for stopping)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
And what i don't get is why he did it,
He told us he'd done some research that showed if a project doesn't earn money after the first 2 releases then it likely won't grow.

That became his new thing. He'd do a couple of updates and if they didn't bring in thousands he'd drop them.

Quite a few people warned him what was going to happen but he wouldn't listen to anyone.

Like you said, after Blooming Love and during this he started growing quite well. Not quite earning thousands but if he'd carried on with this he would have grown steadily until he was. His fan base was growing.

It was during all this I found out about F95, I was one of his patrons. It was hard to find good lesbian stuff and I adored Blooming Love when I found it so started supporting him and that led me here.

It was obvious here that people were coming round to him and enjoying what he did but for some reason he decided to fuck it all up, stop listening to people and go by whatever research it was he found.

I think by the third abandoned game people on his patron started dropping off. It was when this got dropped I left. All the support he had built, gone in a couple of weeks. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if he'd just carried on he'd be sitting pretty right now. It was one of the biggest acts of self sabotage i've ever seen in one of these devs.

P.S. If people are getting sad over this, try Coceter Chronycles, now that was hearthbreaking for me since i loved the game i followed the development for quite a long time. So sad :cry: (even if the dev actually had a dawn good reason for stopping)
I personally think Coceter will get finished eventually. That wasn't just a hobby project, it was a labour of love. It's based on a book the dev wrote and had a lot memories for them.

The thing is it was something they worked on with their dad and after he passed it must be heartbreaking to try and get back into.

I think eventually it will get worked on again but probably not for a while.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
He told us he'd done some research that showed if a project doesn't earn money after the first 2 releases then it likely won't grow.

That became his new thing. He'd do a couple of updates and if they didn't bring in thousands he'd drop them.

Quite a few people warned him what was going to happen but he wouldn't listen to anyone.

Like you said, after Blooming Love and during this he started growing quite well. Not quite earning thousands but if he'd carried on with this he would have grown steadily until he was. His fan base was growing.

It was during all this I found out about F95, I was one of his patrons. It was hard to find good lesbian stuff and I adored Blooming Love when I found it so started supporting him and that led me here.

It was obvious here that people were coming round to him and enjoying what he did but for some reason he decided to fuck it all up, stop listening to people and go by whatever research it was he found.

I think by the third abandoned game people on his patron started dropping off. It was when this got dropped I left. All the support he had built, gone in a couple of weeks. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if he'd just carried on he'd be sitting pretty right now. It was one of the biggest acts of self sabotage i've ever seen in one of these devs.
I really can't understand some devs reasoning behind projects, it's like they are a guy who just finished his major and expect to win the big bucks from the very first job.

But in the bright side, we got good devs here, even the bad ones are good. When the universe of games developers (+18 or not) have a thing like the Yanderev going on, we know that we can't complain too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avaron1974
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes