SeriousReal

Jun 11, 2018
I've seen some people comment about how Jin should take Lin's place in the cornwell challenge, I am glad I am not the only one who also thinks that Lin's niche shouldn't take a dive in Jin's direction.
Since Lin has her own unique style about her compared to the other elves it might be best not to have it muddled in
with the rest. Why not let her unique comparison with the other elves a trait that defines her personality and proceed from there?

Since its possible to purchase Jin, we can save the cornwell's challenge for her and see how that can develop. On the contrary I could see that Runey may not want any further plans with alternative elves such as Jin. Either way this VN is shaping up to be very nice and if I had to pick a thorn that sticks out to whinge about; it would be the Lin event.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
So I downloaded the 0.6 beta, and looked at the new event for Lin (I presume I'm looking at the right one; the one with the bat, right?), and I'll try to give @Runey some feedback.
First I've got some reactions to the event as I played through it; hopefully these aren't too harsh
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Next is how this relates to previous events;
Finally, what I would do with this:

Reactions: Construct and Hones

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Thanks for using spoilers. I would have to gouge my eyes out if I were to see that. Why don‘t they leak the coming pre release instead of the beta...

Radriewyn

Jul 19, 2017
I have seen a lot of posts about the Cornwall events, some good some bad. Everyone has their own opinions about the events that have taken place so far, just remember, your opinion is no better than another persons opinion.

I think Runey has gave good explanations of what and why the events are like they are.

If you played the game, you know that elves are slaves and they have some rights, you also know that there has to be someone over the slave trade, that is influential to slaves and owners. I think the events help bridge a gap between and gets others owners/trainers to see new ways to handle slaves, and makes the MC a respected owner/trainer of slaves. That being said, I think it should be left in the game as is, not be stripped or avoidable.

@Runey keep up the good work. I love your game, and I am glad that you are so active in the forums here :)

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I have seen a lot of posts about the Cornwall events, some good some bad. Everyone has their own opinions about the events that have taken place so far, just remember, your opinion is no better than another persons opinion.
I think Runey has gave good explanations of what and why the events are like they are.

If you played the game, you know that elves are slaves and they have some rights, you also know that there has to be someone over the slave trade, that is influential to slaves and owners. I think the events help bridge a gap between and gets others owners/trainers to see new ways to handle slaves, and makes the MC a respected owner/trainer of slaves. That being said, I think it should be left in the game as is, not be stripped or avoidable.

@Runey keep up the good work. I love your game, and I am glad that you are so active in the forums here :)
Can you edit your post and put the the middle portion content in a spoiler tag as seen in the quote

Reactions: Radriewyn

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I had a weird glitch/bug during the android event where she falls into the hot spring, Kali comes to looks after her, says about staying with her, MC goes to buy water sealant, goes to next day, but then shows the past event where android is in city and going shopping instead of her recovering and being water sealed
Thanks, fixed for the next version.

I did the Pub upgrades in the afternoon and when I clicked on Mixology training it said I needed to be in the morning, but the option never reappeared in the morning. Also, while Maria is supposed to work in the Pub she never appears as a worker there.
Mixology training has no "Needs to be in the morning". That would be Moon's training, so I'm not quite sure how to help you there.

beta 3? will there be a final version after a while or the beta is the one for this month?
This Friday will be the pre release. A week and a half after that will be the public release.

can someone tell me how to start the 4 new jin events?
Buy her, take her to the dungeon.

So I downloaded the 0.6 beta, and looked at the new event for Lin (I presume I'm looking at the right one; the one with the bat, right?), and I'll try to give @Runey some feedback.
First I've got some reactions to the event as I played through it; hopefully these aren't too harsh
Next is how this relates to previous events;
Finally, what I would do with this:
Man... I'm sorry, but I really have to question if you've played the game. Almost everything was explained in those events.

Baseball bat vs your Head, who do you think will win? MC didn't even get a chance to fully turn around before he was hit.

"Lin wont call the cops" is followed by "She's just an innocent little flower." Based on their experience with Lin and MC in the past, they believe Lin to be incapable of many things.

MC does say "Tss, my head" A couple times. Both at the beginning, middle and end of the event.

Elves are a government controlled species, since Humans found the Elves, Crusaders (The people in charge/government) made the laws. Crusaders are no longer the people in charge, now it's politicians. Cornwall is a politician, he makes laws for Elves. (Not explained in game)

Yes, anyone can just claim them. But they have to afford the governmental checks and paperwork, as well as the price of the Elf. This keeps the economy smooth. (Not fully explained in game)

As they say in game, they believe MC could save them, but they aren't entirely sure, because they don't know him. That's why they were careful and wanted the agreement before they revealed themselves.

There is no choice to buy them. In the first instance, you don't get a chance to respond. In the second instance, you say "I'll have to think about it." The choice is yours once you buy them.

If not for the Dungeon event, you wouldn't know the Elf's personalities, so an event to replace the dungeon event would be needed to introduce them. They also wouldn't every know if they could trust you, and would never leave their masters if they didn't watch you.

Look, I apologize, but for me it's getting very annoying. So many of your questions can be answered if you read the story. Instead, I'm explaining every other dialog that happened in Lin's events. Feedback is one thing, saying "It might be better if you do a little more of this, or explain this a little better in game" is one thing. But you've been asking me to explain things which are already explained in game.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

Now this man, you have paid attention to the story. I appreciate your feedback.

I would like to provide an alternative route, or an option to skip those events somehow for people who don't want to see it. I don't want people to stop enjoying Lin for who she is just because of a few events.

aolli

Nov 15, 2018

I would like to provide an alternative route, or an option to skip those events somehow for people who don't want to see it. I don't want people to stop enjoying Lin for who she is just because of a few events.

Nekura

Dec 5, 2017
Personally I don't think there needs to be an alternate event for Lin. Whats there is great and I had a blast both getting Lin trained and ready and showing the other Masters there how it should be done. This whole issue is in the realm of "you can't please everyone so don't even try" and should be dropped.

@Runey This is a great game and you are doing a great job with it, Just keep doing what you're doing and try to ignore the haters and those that think they know better, make your game your way and know that there are lots of us that love it just the way it is.

Jun 22, 2017
Is there a list of "scripted names"?
What I mean is for example if you choose at the start to make Lin call you "Daddy" instead of "Master" - Ellen will reply with "Kinky" instead of her usual reply.
So just wondering if there is any more hidden gems? for instance if you call the MC something special will that also get you some "scripted" input from the other characters?
Kinky.PNG
Daddy.PNG

Radriewyn

Jul 19, 2017

Reactions: waffel

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Personally I don't think there needs to be an alternate event for Lin. Whats there is great and I had a blast both getting Lin trained and ready and showing the other Masters there how it should be done. This whole issue is in the realm of "you can't please everyone so don't even try" and should be dropped.

@Runey This is a great game and you are doing a great job with it, Just keep doing what you're doing and try to ignore the haters and those that think they know better, make your game your way and know that there are lots of us that love it just the way it is.
Runey wanted opinions on the game. If people are passionate about a game and it's characters how can they be haters.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Is there a list of "scripted names"?
What I mean is for example if you choose at the start to make Lin call you "Daddy" instead of "Master" - Ellen will reply with "Kinky" instead of her usual reply.
So just wondering if there is any more hidden gems? for instance if you call the MC something special will that also get you some "scripted" input from the other characters?
View attachment 240411
View attachment 240412
Haha, not that many.

Reactions: TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 444 Votes