Ichtyosaurus

Jan 28, 2018
Emperor forgive me.png

Forgive my Emperor, for I am weak, but that elf pussy just don't quit.

Seriously, more games need a feature like this. It's great. This game in general is great from what I've seen so far, not a big fan of the angriest little Yandere, though she's cute as heck and I imagine there's more character development and stuff for her considering that like half the posts in the last few pages are blocks of text filled with spoiler thingies.

I honestly might drop this game and come back when I see it's closer to a 1.0 because I'm not really fond of what's most likely going to be cliffhangers and stuff. Great game, though. Hella rad, totally reccomended.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
View attachment 240418

Forgive my Emperor, for I am weak, but that elf pussy just don't quit.

Seriously, more games need a feature like this. It's great. This game in general is great from what I've seen so far, not a big fan of the angriest little Yandere, though she's cute as heck and I imagine there's more character development and stuff for her considering that like half the posts in the last few pages are blocks of text filled with spoiler thingies.

I honestly might drop this game and come back when I see it's closer to a 1.0 because I'm not really fond of what's most likely going to be cliffhangers and stuff. Great game, though. Hella rad, totally reccomended.
Hahaha, that's hilarious

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Man... I'm sorry, but I really have to question if you've played the game. Almost everything was explained in those events.
I've played everything except the contest event itself, which I never pretended to have played. If anything I mentioned was explained in that, then disregard it of course.
I don't want to get into a debate on the minutiae of the scene, but I shared my thoughts because you asked for them specifically, of me personally.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Look, I apologize, but for me it's getting very annoying. So many of your questions can be answered if you read the story. Instead, I'm explaining every other dialog that happened in Lin's events. Feedback is one thing, saying "It might be better if you do a little more of this, or explain this a little better in game" is one thing. But you've been asking me to explain things which are already explained in game.
Almost everything I mentioned is integral to the event itself, and couldn't possibly have been explained in the event I skipped. And I wasn't asking for any of them to be explained here. I was just noting a few things that stood out to me during the event. If you don't think any of them need changing that's fine, I was just providing feedback like Android asked me to.

Reactions: Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Runey keeps posting this a lot. Well, not "a lot". If I remember it correctly, this is the second time that Runey posted this. But he will probably post it again, soon. Why does he keeps saying it again and again?

Also, "Android" is an android and androids are a type of robots, right? And MC is having sex with her, right? So, when he has sex with her, is it a Robosexual sex? Or the androids in this game aren't the robot-type androids? Then, WHAT are they? I am confused.

Also, I am a robot (or an internet troll, pretending to be a robot, you decide). So, if "Robosexuality is an abomination", does it mean that I can't be romantically and sexually attracted to humans? Does it mean that I can't play this game? I mean, if I can't be attracted to humans, why should I play this game?

Or does Runey says it because he doesn't want me to play his game because he hates me for some reasons? Why? Did I do something wrong?
It's okay, they are only digital renditions of people, you are safe.
The cornwall arc is more or less done now as of v0.6, if that means anything for you.
Here I was hoping to eventually become one of his advisors, like Autumn's dad, continuing to help things get better (on top of just providing shelter to any elf who wants it).
Ah, sorry, put it in spoiler tag now.

Yeah, the side character treatment makes sense, and it's another reason I and possibly others didn't comment much on that before. Just, before one realizes a character's a side character, it's possible to get one's hopes up. XD It's just a risk of the design.

As to the rest, the best way I can say it is...

Hope tomorrow (Today?) is better, and just to make clear, absolutely love the game!
On the point of the timing of the event, it only happens when you get to a certain point with those characters, if you work on one character at a time or so, it's less of an issue ...usually. Hard to do one update at a time, especially when scripted events happen outside of your control, but it's not too bad.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I am aware of all that, but it still doesn't explain it. The government regulates all sorts of things, but it doesn't mean they set the prices. Look, I understand wanting to set a fixed price for gameplay reasons, but it doesn't make it sound any less strange, and that's all it was; an observation that it sounds strange.

The "price of the elf" part of that is what sounds strange. You've previously used the analogy of picking up a stray here; if you do that, you have to pay for a dog license, but you don't have to pay the price of the dog - you found that.

I guess it seems odd because of the situation. If they had asked him to meet them there, it would make sense, but with the kidnapping and threatening, surely they shouldn't expect him to keep his word? He's going to say yes regardless of whether he plans to go through with it or call the cops as soon as he gets home.
Now these are definitely the right questions to ask.

In short, yeah, the whole system doesn't make a ton of sense compared to our world. It's just sort of how things happened to work out. If you were to pick up an Elf, and say it's yours without doing the paperwork and officially buying it, then it would never be truly claimed. That Elf could be stolen from you, and you'd have no way of legally getting it back since there's no documents stating you own this Elf.

However, if a slave runs away, the contract is deemed broken by the Elf. The government assumes that owner was at fault. After all, why would a dog run away and refuse to come back if not for you treating it badly? So the Elf is put back into circulation. Cornwall though is very smart about these things. He knows how to keep an Elf on a leash, so to speak. So it's very hard to simply run away.

The kidnapping thing, also a very good question. I would say Sui is a very... Unlogical? Person. She does things based on her emotions. Both Sylvia and Ann didn't quite agree with doing this, but Sylvia figured there wasn't exactly a better option, but Ann definitely didn't want to follow Sui's plan, but did anyway due to wanting to stick around and help them.

I'm talking about the choice with two large black buttons, one that says "Buy them" and one that says "Don't buy them". That is most definitely there. Why give the player a choice that does literally nothing, not even alternative dialogue? I was just suggesting that that choice could influence how receptive you are to the whole affair.
Also a good question. Those two dialog choices were meant to put the player in a different state of mind. I wanted them to think "Oh shit, okay. Here's the big choice. Do I help them? Do I not?" Then Lin comes out of left field, totally unexpected from the Player.

Jun 22, 2017
So... There are some, eh?
Well I mean it probably would not take much open up the dialogue script and go through it for the word "Daddy" and then find any similar strings with different names attached to trigger them.

Tbh, I am just too lazy to do it myself especially if some else had already made a list of the names I was looking for :)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Well I mean it probably would not take much open up the dialogue script and go through it for the word "Daddy" and then find any similar strings with different names attached to trigger them.

Tbh, I am just too lazy to do it myself especially if some else had already made a list of the names I was looking for :)
The only other thing I can think of is naming your Android "Pixel", haha. There's not many at all.

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
That change log does not add up in the numbers department. it says 49 new events, but i only counted 33 in the listing?

Reactions: aolli

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
That change log does not add up in the numbers department. it says 49 new events, but i only counted 33 in the listing?
Someone is currently in the process of better representing the amount of content added. For example, One of Lucy's new events has 3 angles for an animation, which for me is technically 3 different animations. So I would count the event, and the three animations as 2 scenes.

The big number at the top is basically what new has been added/changed. So, Maria's new sprites would also count towards that big number. As would the bar, it's upgrades, Jin being in Lin's room, etc etc.

The process my buddy is currently going through is changing "Event" to "Scene" to better represent what all is being added, and what all you can experience in the game/update.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Also a good question. Those two dialog choices were meant to put the player in a different state of mind. I wanted them to think "Oh shit, okay. Here's the big choice. Do I help them? Do I not?" Then Lin comes out of left field, totally unexpected from the Player.
I thought that might be what you were going for, and it's certainly effective at that. It would still be neat to have it affect what MC says when he does get around to answering them, though. Most other choices you make don't change where you're going either, but do change how you get there.

Also, unrelated to the other discussion, I've been experimenting with video encoding and I've been able to compress a 21 frame animation down to less than the size of a single frame before I start noticing any compression artefacts. Given that by my count animated frames make up almost half of the size of the game, you could shave a lot off the filesize by replacing the frame sequences with proper webm files.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Also, back on the subject of elves, something has been bothering me; you were Lin's first, because she never consented with any of her previous owners, right? But wasn't she a slave for hundreds of years before slaves were given what few rights they have, which only happened a couple of decades ago?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Also, back on the subject of elves, something has been bothering me; you were Lin's first, because she never consented with any of her previous owners, right? But wasn't she a slave for hundreds of years before slaves were given what few rights they have, which only happened a couple of decades ago?
Yep. As I've said, even though rape wasn't illegal to Elves, it wasn't exactly normal or socially accepted. It was rare, but not unheard of. After all, for roughly 150 years, the government was rules by crusaders. Any sexual activities with Elves was probably seen as a Sin, and may even still be considered that.

But in honesty, I just wanted Lin to be pure.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Both games are the same style, same models (even though the graphic engine it's the same) and even the plot is similar.
Jikei and I both use Honey Select and Renpy to make our games. We also use a keyboard and mouse, and I assume even a monitor.

In fact, 90% of games here are made with Daz and Renpy. Just so happens Jikei and I both use Honey Select instead. I don't like Daz at all.

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
Both games are the same style, same models (even though the graphic engine it's the same) and even the plot is similar.
Similar game mechanics and same graphics engine, thats it. The models are very different and the plots are based on the individual characters which are also very different.
But in honesty, I just wanted Lin to be pure.
Good decision.

Nekura

Dec 5, 2017
I've had this thought myself and decided that if that's the case I'm going to choose to believe that she got lucky with a string of Masters that didn't/wouldn't force her to do something she really didn't want to do. Far fetched I know but untill someone give me a better reason that's what I'm sticking with.

4.70 star(s) 444 Votes