johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Remade the first and second floor a bit. Improved the angle a bit, and the lighting.

Before:

After:
Have you ever considered adding some decor to the doors as the girls move in? It would be fun to see their personalities manifest and also help players remember who is where.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I have a bunch of comments about Lin route things. So Spoilers for Lin content in .4 and onward. (Came back after finishing. It is huge... seriously. Just a warning.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am not a patreon. I didn't complain about the later stages of Lin's storyline originally. I still am not "complaining," but Runey asked for opinions so I am providing my thoughts. I am perfectly comfortable with my own little headcanon for the Sylvia and the cave elf.

If somebody read through all of that, holy crap. You have to have better things to do with your time. Go play more Harem Hotel or something. Way more worth your time.
Thank you for the in depth response! You seem to have invested yourself quite a lot in the story, thank you very much!

The cave elf is a Drow.

I will implement some dialog changes, such as this:

syl "Ha will ech- hain happui. Ech- hain happui na- man, an hi. Trui. | It will make them happy. Making them happy is good. You can refuse if you'd like. Try."
drow "Tríw, im will trui, if ha na- onlui na get ed- -o herst!"
syl "'Fine, I will try, if it is only to get out of here faster.'"

I'm not sure how much I can add to all of that, but I'll try my best. It was a lot to read through, haha.

Sui would absolutely choose not to have sex with him, but showing her abuse to Cornwall would mean freeing all of his Elves, and her. In truth, Sui made him look worse than he actually is by playing an innocent little flower. Not that that would be hard, nor am I defending him, he should absolutely be put in jail.

We've been talking on the discord, and we think a whole Elf buying system could be neat to introduce. You could, for example, buy like 10 different Elves and give them a home. They would all look different and have different animations in the dungeon, but that would essentially be the purpose of this new system. You'd give them a happy home, and you'd be able to have sex with them. That's where it would begin and end, no story, or anything like that. Just optional varied sex with a lot of Elves. We joked about how we would basically need to buy a second hotel for all these Elves, but a building that costs, say , $2,500 next to the hotel with beds and such to keep them should do as well.

Have you ever considered adding some decor to the doors as the girls move in? It would be fun to see their personalities manifest and also help players remember who is where.
Yes, I would love to do that! But unfortunately customization like that would be extremely hard. I would have to make so many instances of doors and such for each event. The sprites and "map" of the first floor wouldn't be hard at all. But in actual events that take place in the first and second floors would need to have a ton of customization, which couldn't be done within a reasonable amount of time.

May 11, 2018
Thank you for the in depth response! You seem to have invested yourself quite a lot in the story, thank you very much!

The cave elf is a Drow.

I will implement some dialog changes, such as this:

syl "Ha will ech- hain happui. Ech- hain happui na- man, an hi. Trui. | It will make them happy. Making them happy is good. You can refuse if you'd like. Try."
drow "Tríw, im will trui, if ha na- onlui na get ed- -o herst!"
syl "'Fine, I will try, if it is only to get out of here faster.'"

I'm not sure how much I can add to all of that, but I'll try my best. It was a lot to read through, haha.

Sui would absolutely choose not to have sex with him, but showing her abuse to Cornwall would mean freeing all of his Elves, and her. In truth, Sui made him look worse than he actually is by playing an innocent little flower. Not that that would be hard, nor am I defending him, he should absolutely be put in jail.

We've been talking on the discord, and we think a whole Elf buying system could be neat to introduce. You could, for example, buy like 10 different Elves and give them a home. They would all look different and have different animations in the dungeon, but that would essentially be the purpose of this new system. You'd give them a happy home, and you'd be able to have sex with them. That's where it would begin and end, no story, or anything like that. Just optional varied sex with a lot of Elves. We joked about how we would basically need to buy a second hotel for all these Elves, but a building that costs, say , $2,500 next to the hotel with beds and such to keep them should do as well.

Yes, I would love to do that! But unfortunately customization like that would be extremely hard. I would have to make so many instances of doors and such for each event. The sprites and "map" of the first floor wouldn't be hard at all. But in actual events that take place in the first and second floors would need to have a ton of customization, which couldn't be done within a reasonable amount of time.
How long does your character drafting process take for each one?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
How long does your character drafting process take for each one?
How do you mean? Like the appearance, personality, and story of a character? Not really that long. Maybe a week or two. I typically build their appearance within an hour, and their beginning and their end point of their story within two weeks. The middle of each character is never developed until a week prior to working on the update (that's when the planning begins of each update). Meaning, at the moment. I have no idea what Lin for example will do in her next update (Sometimes I have a character's next event planned). This is how I've always done the story, which may seem like a bad way to plan things, but for me it seems to work out very well.

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
I wonder if you could instead have an event that triggers once a floor is filled up- then all the doors get decorated. Then, moving forward, you only have the one model and don't need to do 16 different renders for each scene depending on who has moved in. Or set a hypothetical door-decor™ event as your next big-plot event, so you don't have to work on past renders.

I get that it may be a PITA, but I wanted to bounce the idea. Thanks for your work!

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey
May 11, 2018
How do you mean? Like the appearance, personality, and story of a character? Not really that long. Maybe a week or two. I typically build their appearance within an hour, and their beginning and their end point of their story within two weeks. The middle of each character is never developed until a week prior to working on the update (that's when the planning begins of each update). Meaning, at the moment. I have no idea what Lin for example will do in her next update (Sometimes I have a character's next event planned). This is how I've always done the story, which may seem like a bad way to plan things, but for me it seems to work out very well.
Thanks for the reply, i'm working on a manga as a side project during school with my friend, and i just wanted some insight into character building.

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Thanks for the reply, i'm working on a manga as a side project during school with my friend, and i just wanted some insight into character building.
Once you have their design, their personality sort of follows. And once you have a beginning and end, the middle flows easily.

Reactions: TheDevian

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Sounds like this is totally my cup of tea. Looking forward to what you have in store for Sylvia

Remade the first and second floor a bit. Improved the angle a bit, and the lighting.
Before:

After:
Sadly the second picture is unavailable to me. I don't know why though.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

ghost24

Jul 5, 2017
quick question, couldnt really find it from the changelogs, but are there shower events for you to join in for Felicity and Emma? and what stats do i have to get them up to if the events are there? Thanks in advance

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
quick question, couldnt really find it from the changelogs, but are there shower events for you to join in for Felicity and Emma? and what stats do i have to get them up to if the events are there? Thanks in advance
They aren't implemented yet.
Felicity's has just been made for the pre release!

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
@Runey Since it is is a multistory hotel, couldn't you just add another floor for some of the elves you buy, have 2 beds per room like in the twin/clone room for them? Just a thought.
Each room in each floor is reserved for Main Characters. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Reactions: TheDevian

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Each room in each floor is reserved for Main Characters. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Couldn't you add a shared bunk room for all the elves that get bought that could be accessed from the floor select menu similar to the dungeon and MC's room, that way you only need to add the one room.

D

Deleted member 1193714

4.70 star(s) 445 Votes