EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I was curious how exactly you were running Eld and what your setup is. I'm also using Linux, and I tried to run it directly via Wine 6 on Ubuntu, as well as Wine 7 and Wine 8-GE through Lutris, but for some reason it just exits shortly after boot. Other games (including Unity games) work directly with Wine, so I'm not sure what's going on here.
I'm using Arch, which means there were several dependencies I had to research and install myself. In fact I'm still searching for a dependency for flash game audio since I've previously seen it function in Manjaro but not EndevourOS. However Ubuntu's package manifest has not provided any hintsniether has viewing the depandancies for the flash tools I use (ffdec, swfplayer). I'm using Wine 8 as well as wine's experimental branch through Steam's proton, the former of which runs most games including Eld with the side effect of not being able to which windows without the ui just quitting.

Reactions: PossiblyAPerson

Mk1-23456

Aug 23, 2023
The Luminiferous forest's beasts deployed box, it let me assign 3-4 more of the initial sentry tentacles, past the box slots limit, and you can't get them back/unassign them. Version 1.0.9 and the current 1.0.10.
You can also craft sentry tentacles in two ways, through the eye with velum only, and the arboretum with an addition of an eldrich young (e). There's no difference between them.
Also... does anyone else find the outpost's exploration song's rhythm (most of it) misaligned?

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
One of the few games I check in on. It's still somewhat fresh in my memory.
Let me just warn you (in case you don't know yet) that will provably take a long time until Eld gets any new content since the dev will now dedicate all time for a while to his main project (Crimson Keep).
So I hope you have a good memory.

PossiblyAPerson

May 28, 2019
I'm using Arch, which means there were several dependencies I had to research and install myself. In fact I'm still searching for a dependency for flash game audio since I've previously seen it function in Manjaro but not EndevourOS. However Ubuntu's package manifest has not provided any hintsniether has viewing the depandancies for the flash tools I use (ffdec, swfplayer). I'm using Wine 8 as well as wine's experimental branch through Steam's proton, the former of which runs most games including Eld with the side effect of not being able to which windows without the ui just quitting.
I went ahead and purged Lutris and Wine from my system, then installed Wine 8 through the WineHQ apt repositories. As expected, this didn't work. I also installed 7Zip through Wine, and I used that to extract the zip archive instead of FileRoller, which comes with GNOME. For whatever reason doing this fixed the issue, so I guess FileRoller was mangling something during extraction.

Oh well, at least it works now!

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I went ahead and purged Lutris and Wine from my system, then installed Wine 8 through the WineHQ apt repositories. As expected, this didn't work. I also installed 7Zip through Wine, and I used that to extract the zip archive instead of FileRoller, which comes with GNOME. For whatever reason doing this fixed the issue, so I guess FileRoller was mangling something during extraction.

Oh well, at least it works now!
Doesn't Ubuntu have p7zip in the repository, which in essence is the same thing but native?

Reactions: PossiblyAPerson

PossiblyAPerson

May 28, 2019
Doesn't Ubuntu have p7zip in the repository, which in essence is the same thing but native?
Yeah, it does, and it also functions as expected, which is to say after extracting the zip archive the game runs fine. This is closer to what I'd normally do, but I wanted to try the approach of using the Windows version via Wine as well since I'd never done that before.

zmbr

Sep 11, 2020
You can also craft sentry tentacles in two ways, through the eye with velum only, and the arboretum with an addition of an eldrich young (e). There's no difference between them.
That's intentional, so that you can get new basic troops even if you don't have any eldritch youngs.

Mk1-23456

Aug 23, 2023
Yeah, I know. What I meant was the method adding the additional requirement to make them is pointless, I certainly didn't use it.

Sheers and pickaxe, having them equipped gives no extra yield of banewood thorns. Its info probably answers why, so maybe introduce tool upgrades in the future.

The materials info box when you hover over them, it doesn't appear on the first try but second one. Adding a filter to separate them by region might be a good idea later on.

Skip button/end replay to cutscenes and gallery; using Nyla's first sex cutscene in the gallery's entry instead, like they did with Melphi.
More capture pods, and having the characters present and interactable with in their assigned rooms (Melphi's dialogue suggests this).

Excellent game otherwise, looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited:
May 25, 2022
Yeah, I know. What I meant was the method adding the additional requirement to make them is pointless, I certainly didn't use it.
It's not an "additional requirement" though. It's a tradeoff, using 1 young makes for a recipe that's 3 times cheaper in velum (75 vs 25). Now, the game's balance at this point is such that you basically hardly need troops at all anyway and you'll probably have more velum than you know what to do with (especially if you're also producing the young, which you obviously can't do without generating velum also), but in a hypothetical future scenario where you're feeling a squeeze specifically on velum (say, upgraded pods that generate young passively + passive velum sinks for your base to give other bonuses) it could make sense to switch over.

Reactions: Mk1-23456 and zmbr

zmbr

Sep 11, 2020
Now, the game's balance at this point is such that you basically hardly need troops at all anyway and you'll probably have more velum than you know what to do with (especially if you're also producing the young, which you obviously can't do without generating velum also), but in a hypothetical future scenario where you're feeling a squeeze specifically on velum (say, upgraded pods that generate young passively + passive velum sinks for your base to give other bonuses) it could make sense to switch over.
And for me this looks in other way - velum is required for all upgrades, so I use 25 velum + eldritch young recipe by default. But I can use 75 velum recipe when I need emergency troops and have no eldritch young. (or spent them on gatherers)

tensuke

Oct 7, 2022
I would guess that Cheat Engine will be your answer to that since I guess such a mod won't exist at least for a while. Honestly the grind isn't that bad. There is also a full save posted somewhere in this thread if you just want the scenes.
Thank you bro, totally forgot about cheat engine.

Reactions: Neechan-Lexi

Suminohana

Aug 27, 2023
I remember playing the Dev's other game back before Flash was booted off of the Internet, basically. You could still play the game(s) directly on Newgrounds back then. Don't remember how many chapters were out.

The whole thing was fun, but it also had issues because the guy kept adjusting mechanics and stuff between chapters so you got used to doing things one way only for the details to change in the next chapters and you had to learn even the basics all over again in some cases. Which was pretty weird for something that was supposed to become a singular game one day.

Still, there was promise in the project, and as such, I'm hoping that this will go somewhere interesting too. Either way, worth keeping an eye on. I won't be playing this version though. I don't have enough time and energy to be a beta tester. XD
Just so you know, you can still play flash games either with flash itself, on newgronds with flash emulation, or with ruffle.

Suminohana

Aug 27, 2023
TheTribe-0.1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
wrong game

Reactions: yilkin

Suminohana

Aug 27, 2023
Well, only played the very beginning, grabbed quests, no fucking clue where to go after that. I mean the quests tell me I need to go to a forest or something but I'm not sure how to get there?? And clicking the giant worm does nothing.
Same issue here. I think it is some sort of scaling issue. Setting my desktop to 100% (it was on 125% before) didn't solve it. The screen still cuts off on the bottom.

Solution: Talk to Lenara (The girl on the Plaza) again. She will unlock the travel method.

Just so that people may find this comment more easily: "Can't proceed to forest"/"Can't leave tutorial zone"/"Can't progress past tutorial"/"Can't go to the forest"

Last edited:

Suminohana

Aug 27, 2023
Damn. Those health/mana bars on angle are so obnoxious and hard to look at. I'll ask introspurt on discord to make them horizontal...

• Haha
Reactions: Kisama33

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Solution: Talk to Lenara (The girl on the Plaza) again. She will unlock the travel method.
That is basically what you are suposed to do that, she literally tells the protagonist to talk to her after all the other NPC's so she can tell him how to reach the said area.

4.70 star(s) 37 Votes