• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Bloody amazing! Love the image. Question about right forearm elbow glow. It this intended or an iray side effect. I get these quite often. Hands, feet ears, OK, but larger masses shouldn't be transparent and I don't think that is a reflection from her torso. I've never been able to figure out how to stop it. I usually just change the lighting to make it go away. OFC to the detriment of the image.

Please don't take this as a criticism, I am in awe of your work and trying to learn more.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Bloody amazing! Love the image. Question about right forearm elbow glow. It this intended or an iray side effect. I get these quite often. Hands, feet ears, OK, but larger masses shouldn't be transparent and I don't think that is a reflection from her torso. I've never been able to figure out how to stop it. I usually just change the lighting to make it go away. OFC to the detriment of the image.

Please don't take this as a criticism, I am in awe of your work and trying to learn more.
It's actually resulting from a low temperature spotlight from behind the character. Was trying to get a bit of an aura around the character, however it didn't really work. :closedtongue:

Did another render with a similar setup as in the spoiler below. Aura didn't work on that one either. :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I have created examples in the spoiler below to demonstrate the importance of the skin in character design. They show the variance and improvement to character design that can be achieved from changing the skin alone.

The standard G8F skin and the skins within the majority of the character packages lack the variance and the realism required to make the character believable. Instead they have a tendency to look more like a wax figure of the actual model. Some of them can be improved via the use of skin shaders, however the results are mixed.

Whilst the goal of many of the characters created is to stretch the bounds of reality (eg. impossible curves), making the character appear as if it is make of flesh and skin will improve the result. If you haven't already tried it, give Skin Builder 8 a whirl. It has a tools to create almost any type of skin you want (young / old, blue / green). Also has the ability to save a complete skin map, such that you can apply it to another character with a single button press.

Ezra

May 7, 2017
I have created examples in the spoiler below to demonstrate the importance of the skin in character design. They show the variance and improvement to character design that can be achieved from changing the skin alone.
I like the third one.

Reactions: Xavster
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes