• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
Since you asked again I'm gonna assume you really want some pointers:rolleyes:
There are four things I focus on.. In order... 1.(Obviously) The morph.... Don't try and make it look too perfect, perfection is boring... Things like bumps on noses, eye depth, or distance between the eyes can make the model took more natural. Long necks, shoulder width, hip shape etc. again don't try to find perfection. I usually start with the face and get that set and then do the body.

2. The Skin Maps. I use Skin Builder 8 to make the skins now, but also edit them in photoshop too to add in extra variation. There are options for things like blotches and other imperfections that if you add in subtly will add in nice colour variation and depth. It's not a bad idea to try out some skins from daz models you like... you can always use SB8 later to try and make a similar look.

3. Skin Shader. I have played around a lot with skin shaders, so have a good understanding of how to get a look I like. Again, you can use the shader settings from a daz model with your own maps and tweak it all to suit. Try out different ones and see if you can figure out what you like and how you want your model to look. There are also skin shaders you can get in the daz store they are a great way to go if you don't know much about how the shaders work.

4. Rendering. Good rendering can make a bad model look great but bad rendering can make the opposite happen. Hardest bit to get righto_O

None of these things are too hard, but it takes time to get very good at them all and to get it the way you want.

If you want any specific help feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help. But your model looks nice man, I think you have a good Idea what you are doing;)
Thank you, appreciate it ^^ im glad if u thinking this about my model(s) but everytime i see someone else models i wanna hide so badly :D (started daz in mid aug)

Reactions: Namco15

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Thank you, appreciate it ^^ im glad if u thinking this about my model(s) but everytime i see someone else models i wanna hide so badly :D (started daz in mid aug)
Take it easy. like all things, this takes time to perfect. You didn't come out of the womb walking same with this.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I started Daz in early May and quite literally came this far by just experimenting, looked for answers in the Daz forums and about 3 or 4 tutorial videos. Lol. It wasn’t easy, but If you told me that I’d have renders and models that look like these within the span of 6 months with so much more room to grow, I wouldn’t believe you. Same goes for you. :eazyHype:

Reactions: Namco15 and VDawe
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes