VN Ren'Py Abandoned Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
New Love Interest Preview: Emma

eamma_teaser.png eamma_teaser_3.png

Emma Fairfax is the only daughter of a wealthy merchant and not too happy her father wants her to marry a nobleman. She's a stongheaded young woman who knows what she wants.

It will be hard to become her friend or romance her, but once you gain her trust, you will have an unwavering ally and one of the most passionate lover in the game.

You will meet her in Chapter I of Courtship: A Dance with Love.

There are two other, sexier previews of her on Patreon for subscribers. If you can't subscribe, a like, a follow, a share, a review or a comment are all things that can help me which are deeply appreciated.

Bonne journée!

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Concept seems good, but there is like zero content. You start the game, say hi to maid, talk to mother and friend and then game ends... I barely seen a new release with such little content.

Edit: also a few mistakes I noticed:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Professor Historian

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Concept seems good, but there is like zero content. You start the game, say hi to maid, talk to mother and friend and then game ends... I barely seen a new release with such little content.

Edit: also a few mistakes I noticed:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for your feedback, I'll correct the spelling mistakes!

As for the content, it's my first video game, so I made something short to see if people would be interested, as assets are expensive and creation is time-consuming even when it's something short like that. There will be more content in Chapter 1 for sure!

Reactions: Catblaster69

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
You will have to make a choice between a lot of different ladies all with different qualities and aspirations.
Will you go for money, beauty, social status... or love?
OK, is there ANY chance this isn't going to be a completely stereotypical story? Serious question.

Is there any chance that the "money" or "social status" options are NOT going to be unattractive?
Is there any chance that any choice other than "love" is NOT going to be completely unlikeable?

Basically, if there's going to be 4 potential love inter-sorry, "marriage prospects", are they going to be more than a single stereotypical trait each? If one girl is designated "beauty", does that mean the other girls can only be plain at best? If one woman has "money", does that means she can't have ANY other traits that might make her appealing at all?

Just saying, there shouldn't be any reason you couldn't manage to fall in love with a rich woman, a beautiful woman, or a noble woman, other than narrative stereotype. Just because a woman is rich, that doesn't mean she HAS to be unattractive (in fact, a rich woman would presumably spend a lot of money on her appearance). If a woman is beautiful, why does it follow that she can't be loveable? Basically what I'm asking is, are the potential partners actually fully-rounded characters, or do they each just represent a single "route" each where only the "love" route (presumably the poor maid) gets you an ending where you live "happily ever after"?

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Basically what I'm asking is, are the potential partners actually fully-rounded characters, or do they each just represent a single "route" each where only the "love" route (presumably the poor maid) gets you an ending where you live "happily ever after"?
eamma_teaser.png

Well, Emma here is the "money" choice and she's beautiful. She will be hard to romance, but not because I want to throw a random obstacle at the player, but rather because she doesn't want to become a lady as she enjoys her independence.

You can live happily ever after with any of the love interests, but it really depends on how you build your Marquess and what choices you make. If you play a MC who is all about duty and honour and then you choose Sally (the poor maid), yeah maybe he will not be perfectly happy as he will know that he put his needs before the family name and estate. If you play the MC as someone who believes in love and following your heart, then he will be perfectly happy with Sally.

I hope this answers your question.

You can't laze about anymore.
I'm sorry, but could you tell me what the mistake is here? I could find the other ones, but I'm not sure about this one. Thank you very much!

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
eamma_teaser.png
eamma_teaser.png

Well, Emma here is the "money" choice and she's beautiful. She will be hard to romance, but not because I want to throw a random obstacle at the player, but rather because she doesn't want to become a lady as she enjoys her independence.

You can live happily ever after with any of the love interests, but it really depends on how you build your Marquess and what choices you make. If you play a MC who is all about duty and honour and then you choose Sally (the poor maid), yeah maybe he will not be perfectly happy as he will know that he put his needs before the family name and estate. If you play the MC as someone who believes in love and following your heart, then he will be perfectly happy with Sally.

I hope this answers your question.
Sounds promising, then. Guess I'm in.

• Red Heart

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
cartwright_teaser.png

Good morning everyone,

I've recently created a new side character: Cartwright. He has been the head butler of the Montagu family forever and as such he is the servant that was closest to your deceased father. Your choices will greatly affect how Cartwright behaves. Will he help you sneak out to meet your mistresses, rise up in the ranks of high society, or meet up with your secret love? One thing is for sure; if you want the servants of the house to be on your side, you need Cartwright to like you.

sally_preview.png

Of course I'm not a monster, and my patrons had a nice preview of Sally in Chapter I to go with Cartwright less attractive physique. To see a preview of a very naughty maid doing some half-naked cleaning, you can become a .

See you soon guys!

Prof

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
New Love Interest Preview: Augusta

augusta_teaser_1.png

Augusta Dashwood is the most sociable and aristocratic of all the love interests you can court. She plays the game, and she plays it well. Augusta is also the only one who has a past with the Marquess. Unfortunately for her, she hasn't much to offer in the way of status or money. That's why she relies heavily on what she has: her body and beauty. But make no mistakes, Augusta is cunning and she will stop at nothing to get what she wants: A life of idleness and luxury.

For sexier pictures of Augusta, hop on !

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
Seems good. The only thing i'd say is to make sure FFM and any bi content/ Girl on girl is optional as not everyone likes that type of stuff. Side question are you French from France or from QC, Canada?

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Seems good. The only thing i'd say is to make sure FFM and any bi content/ Girl on girl is optional as not everyone likes that type of stuff.
Thanks! And thanks for the reminder! I must admit I'm always surprised by this cause I love FFM and girl on girl.

Side question are you French from France or from QC, Canada
Québécois pure laine!

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
I'm having a PROMO! The first 25 people who subscribe to the special Promo tier will receive all the benefits of the QUEEN tier for half the price. Check it out !

Reactions: Tien Shinhan

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Signed up on Patreon and I'm in it for the long haul if you are. Hope there's a harem option to navigate for at the end, enjoying all the diverse class of love interests so far :love:

• Red Heart

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Signed up on Patreon and I'm in it for the long haul if you are. Hope there's a harem option to navigate for at the end, enjoying all the diverse class of love interests so far :love:
Thanks, I'm so happy to have you on board! I have so many ideas for Courtship, it's great to see that someone wants to be there for the long haul :D

As for the harem ending, I'll leave the answer I gave on Patreon here, in case you or anyone else has questions about it.

Thanks! You're not the first one to ask haha In fact the setting of the game is kind of perfect for an harem ending. It wasn't rare at the time for a lord to have up to 2 mistresses and a wife. So you could have a wife, Sally and a third girl for example. I'm considering other "not married" endings too. If you mean being with every love interests in a giant orgy at the end though, I'm afraid the game will lean more towards the "realistic" approach.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Monthly Update – October

Bonjour tout le monde,

October has been a busy month. Courtship has been well-received and downloaded about 500 times I would say. I set up the Discord and Twitter. I produced around 100 renders and created several promo shots.

Some new love interests have been introduced, namely Emma and Augusta.

Cartwright the manservant and Rebecca the maid have also been introduced.

rebecca_preview.png

I had a poll about merging the Prologue and Chapter 1 together, and the "Yes" option is winning so far. I also set up a Promo tier; The first 25 persons to sign-up for this tier will receive the benefits of the highest tier (Queen) at half-cost.

I have 2 new patrons, and I'm very grateful for that. I'm trying to market the game as much as possible on different platforms and I'm happy with the results so far.

It's very hard to estimate when Chapter I will be ready since I'm new at this, but I'm really hoping it will be released in 3 months max.

Joyeuse Halloween!

Prof

Last edited:

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
New Love Interest Preview: Elinor

elinor_preview.png

Elinor Morland is the sweetest, most innocent of the love interests. She is the quintessential regency era woman: pretty, talented, docile, cultivated and pleasant, and with a decent dowry to boot.

For Elinor, family is extremely important, and she obeys her father in everything. It will be easy to win her over if her father believes you are a true gentleman, but it will be hard to have sex with her until you are married, or at the very least engaged.

Will you fall in love with her or try to turn her over to the dark side?

As usual, if you'd fancy seeing Ms Morland naked, hop over to !

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes