• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Onhold Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Yeah, I looked at the definition, I'm not sure there will be a lot of that due to the setting of the game. All the love interests will be single, and you will have to choose a bride depending on what you value: money, status, love, etc. Of course it's still early to say, but the game will probably end with a wedding (and some tragedy) :)
Bravo!!! Keep it simple and, dare I say it, even "traditional", m'lud!! Besides in those days, the top level risk of discovery, gossip, scandal, duel and familial social disgrace renders authentic NTR completely unthinkable. I would have thought the closest you'd probably get to NTR could only ever occur on the next societal level down, namely master/servant, which is effectively mere voyeurism; masters together watching each other bonking their servants. On this level too, Harem would seem to be the most prevalent libidinous pastime; master bonking several servants, either separately or together, in the same household. The golden rule, certainly in your thread discussion here anyway is NTR/Harem...AAAC!!

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Not at all. It's French.
I knew it! :BootyTime:
There are a couple of expressions where I could tell you were translating from French, although it wasn't too bad at all.
For example, "sérieux" as a substantive can't be translated into English as "serious" because serious is always an adjective in English.
You would have to write "reliability" (the quality of being reliable and trustworthy) or "seriousness" depending on what you mean in that case.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it! I will make it smaller, and change the image for a moustache or something gentlemanly as soon as I can. And if I can get better at coding, I'll just make it disappear when the player is not hovering it.
You are welcome, and thanks to you for accepting suggestions (y)
Regards from the other side of the Pyrenees!

Reactions: Professor Historian

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Bravo!!! Keep it simple and, dare I say it, even "traditional", m'lud!!
Exactly. I know my setting might be a bit unconventional, but there is a lot of potential for lewd content. Just think about what could happen during a masquerade. And the nobility were often bored and wanted to try new things...

Pretty good! Enjoyed it
Nice one.
Thanks guys, I hope you enjoy what comes next!

Regards from the other side of the Pyrenees!
From the other side of the Atlantic, actually :D

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Exactly. I know my setting might be a bit unconventional, but there is a lot of potential for lewd content. Just think about what could happen during a masquerade. And the nobility were often bored and wanted to try new things...

Thanks guys, I hope you enjoy what comes next!

From the other side of the Atlantic, actually :D
Keep'em coming prof!

• Red Heart

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
After receiving some feedback, here are my tags and my mini roadmap. I'll post preview images of the new love interest on Patreon this week. Thanks everyone, you're all awesome!

Current content tags: 3dcg, Male protagonist, Teasing, Romance, RPG

Future content tags: Multiple Endings, Anal Sex, Bdsm, Creampie, Group sex, Handjob, Harem, Lesbian, Oral sex, Spanking, Vaginal sex, Virgin

MINI ROADMAP

Prologue

Change the Stats box (image, size, and hovering)

Chapter 1

Introduce 1 new love interest and spend time with the 2 already introduceD
Introduce the Duke of Kentbridge (the rival)
Introduce Carthwright (the loyal manservant)
Have a bigger episode (the last one had 130 renders)
Have a lewd scene (let’s see if I can)​

Last edited:

Sterkh90

Sep 18, 2018
Okay, I think I get it. Players get attached to their favourite love interest, and they don't want to share, even with another female LI.
Context is important. Just when the mc is invited to an already formed couple, it seems that he is used as a living dildo. And another thing is when the mc himself invites the second girl to his bed.

Kuokaman

Dec 15, 2021
It's very short now but I love it, it's going to be a great game. It's a very first VN which take part in XIX century and the plot is very realistic. Moreover you can shape the character of the protagonist through your choices. Can't wait to see continuation.

• Red Heart

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
It's very short now but I love it, it's going to be a great game. It's a very first VN which take part in XIX century and the plot is very realistic. Moreover you can shape the character of the protagonist through your choices. Can't wait to see continuation.
Thanks, I'm so happy you liked it! It's one of my goal for the 1st chapter to be longer than the Prologue, and I'm already hard at work. Thanks again for the kind words!

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Exactly. The Duchess for example, having already been married and not being a virgin anymore, will be more open than the other LIs and will want to try some new stuff with the MC. But other men will never be involved.
As long no other men touch any of the Li's that will be okey.
If there is lesbian, make sure is with the mc participating (fucking them).
FFM while some people still hate Bi content, this will at least help to not piss off anyone.

I just want to be sure I understand though, I'm not sure if you played Being a DIK, but do you mean that some fanbases didn't like it that
Hard to say, I think there are both people that don't mind and others that do.

I will do that and be as clear as possible, it makes sense that people don't want to waste their time, thanks for the helpful advice!
Your welcome, honesty usually paids off. ;)

Okay, I think I get it. Players get attached to their favourite love interest, and they don't want to share, even with another female LI.
I think FFM or FFFM, when the mc is involved is more or less okey-ish except for some people.
What you can do is make it avoidable (the mc makes it happens or not).

For example: The mc is fucking a LI and there comes a silly new maid girl... The mc invites her to join them or the mc sends her away, that will keep both people happy.

Group sex, Handjob, Harem
Make sure to add what kind of group sex it is in genre spoiler tags group sex (FFM/FFFM)

About Harem, you said there won't be a harem, did you change your mind about that or do you mean the mc will be able to bang a lot of girls? because unless you have planned a "harem ending" where the mc ends up with a few Li's I don't suggest you add Harem if you will force the player to choose 1 LI at the end of the game.(y)

I checked the tag definition on the forum and it seemed to fit: "Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]" The Marquess, if he wants to, will be able to court more than one love interest, and they won't all be quiet little angels. And then you add the side characters, such as the mistresses, and he can have quite the harem. And like he said in the Prologue, if he has to marry someone he doesn't really want, he will keep his mistresses.

What do you think? Do you think it fits the tag?
As long he has a ending with more than 2 girls , yeah you can add the tag.
But if there is only forced 1 girl ending I don't suggest you adding it even if you can fuck every girl in the game until the ending because people will be kind of misled.
In your case, it seems like the mc can end with more than 2 girls in the Marquess route, so I guess it should be fine then.
Maybe just add in the devs note this information, that the game is not harem centered but there will be one route where the mc can get an ending with a LI / and a few side girls. (since none of those are LI's except the marquess, right?). (y)

Last edited:

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Make sure to add what kind of group sex it is in genre spoiler tags group sex (FFM/FFFM)
Done!

About Harem, you said there won't be a harem, did you change your mind about that or do you mean the mc will be able to bang a lot of girls? because unless you have planned a "harem ending" where the mc ends up with a few Li's I don't suggest you add Harem if you will force the player to choose 1 LI at the end of the game.(y)
I checked the tag definition on the forum and it seemed to fit: "Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]" The Marquess, if he wants to, will be able to court more than one love interest, and they won't all be quiet little angels. And then you add the side characters, such as the mistresses, and he can have quite the harem. And like he said in the Prologue, if he has to marry someone he doesn't really want, he will keep his mistresses.

What do you think? Do you think it fits the tag?

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes