RPGM working on a translation for Fallen Empire

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
a machine translator website just told me that i have surpassed the translation limit, its that a thing? lol :FeelsBadMan:
if you have windows 10 the windows translator app is actually really great, and has an offline mode where you can download the localization for much faster translation, but you have to input each line yourself.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
if you have windows 10 the windows translator app is actually really great, and has an offline mode where you can download the localization for much faster translation, but you have to input each line yourself.
wow, W10 does has a translator app? i didnt know, im going to try it right now.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
it's honestly better than google a lot of the time, especially since it seems to use context where as google does it more literal.
dont worry too much, im working with 3~5 different translator to get a base idea. and them converting that idea in understandable english, most of the time isnt like this but thats why im taking my time.

Ahegao-chan

Nov 3, 2018
Maybe this is only my opinion, but you are doing far more than a good number of patreons for free in a reasonable time. So dont stress yourselves out over this.

Reactions: Astolph

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
Maybe this is only my opinion, but you are doing far more than a good number of patreons for free in a reasonable time. So dont stress yourselves out over this.
to be honest, i feel like it was the opposite way, i do sometimes forget to work on this due to College and work, but when i do have free time i try always to work as much as possible, but i think i took too long to translate this, im not sure how much time does a normal patreon to translate a game and the quality it has, compared to mine that i think its some way inferior since its kinda machine translator with some of my help to get everything together to make sense.

Astolph

Jan 15, 2018
to be honest, i feel like it was the opposite way, i do sometimes forget to work on this due to College and work, but when i do have free time i try always to work as much as possible, but i think i took too long to translate this, im not sure how much time does a normal patreon to translate a game and the quality it has, compared to mine that i think its some way inferior since its kinda machine translator with some of my help to get everything together to make sense.
With a base machine translation I can understand why people would be upset about it, but you're going back and editing it to make it much more understandable. That alone means you care and people will appreciate you for it.

Ahegao-chan

Nov 3, 2018
I just mean that college and work are far more important than any lewd game there is. And I played your first translated version and I read far more horrible stuff in games.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
I just mean that college and work are far more important than any lewd game there is. And I played your first translated version and I read far more horrible stuff in games.
well...to be honest i kind of rush things at the start. later i started to find that those rush translation really made my work looks bad, sometimes i cannot help to leave things like that since the translation makes no sense, but im affraid that the beggining looks like that for my foolish thinking that i could translate this game in almost no time.

alsp PD: at the middle of the game, closest to the end. the game take places on the Barbarian territory, so either the translator or I do not know what the barbarians are saying, even the girls in the game makes clear that they also do not know what they are saying LOL

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
and this is where i will stop for today. last 3 maps left, im expecting lots of events and dialogs. i dont want to say that i may finish it tomorrow since sht can happen. but just to let everyone know that THIS TIME i really mean it with its almost finish. Untitled.png

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
last map, front the last event, theres 2 endings there, lots of text to be sure. i think I already translated one of the ends in another map so those 2 are bad ends i guess. either way too much work for the time im stopping right now. the translation will be done and hopefully uploaded tomorrow.

small ps: at night. asdasdasdasd.png

Astolph

Jan 15, 2018
last map, front the last event, theres 2 endings there, lots of text to be sure. i think I already translated one of the ends in another map so those 2 are bad ends i guess. either way too much work for the time im stopping right now. the translation will be done and hopefully uploaded tomorrow.

small ps: at night. View attachment 266507
Journey is almost over. I wonder how you'll feel once you finally upload this and you're done with it.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
Journey is almost over. I wonder how you'll feel once you finally upload this and you're done with it.
As @Ahegao-chan said before. the first translations that i shared here where not my best since i did rush the translation in hope i would finish soon. I am affraid that many people will not like or hate the first part of the game for that reason, including that its also machine translated. i know that i did use like 6 different translator and after the beggining i started to revisit more my work to make everything understandable but people really hate machine translated games.

Astolph

Jan 15, 2018
As @Ahegao-chan said before. the first translations that i shared here where not my best since i did rush the translation in hope i would finish soon. I am affraid that many people will not like or hate the first part of the game for that reason, including that its also machine translated. i know that i did use like 6 different translator and after the beggining i started to revisit more my work to make everything understandable but people really hate machine translated games.
I don't really mind machine translated games. Because at least I have some grasp of what they're saying rather than text that I would never be able to understand at all. Better to have some understanding than none at all. Course coming from 1 person doesn't really mean much I guess, since there's plenty of vocal people up in arms over machine translations.