• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Lazarus Long

Sep 13, 2017
OK, I expressed myself misleadingly. It does not contradict Patreons idea behind Patreon but the creator's idea behind Patreon. I know it's just a tip. But you are mixing up what is and what is ought to be. The fact is the creator(s) go to Patreon so they can focus on their work. Quote from DynamiteRedGames Patreon (7.3.2019):
"$3000 Per Major Update! I will quit my job and work on this game full time. "
It is not my fault that it is those who misunderstand Patreon's system.
Also, I'd like to add DynamiteRed never made it to those $3000 per update, so as far as I know he never quitted his job or worked on Astrid full time. He's a uni student on his last year with a regular job who works on Astrid on his scarce spare time.

Reactions: PinkBishop

sam13

May 25, 2017
please i have a bug and I need a save when astrid enter the masked blonde house for the first time

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
What makes the Patreon system hard to swallow....you can go to GameStop and purchase an XBOX or PS game for $20-60, and you permanently own it, and it's a completely finished game.
A person could donate that amount and much more to a dev, and spent countless months/years playing partial updates and getting excited about the game, but never get to finish it, cause the dev had other important things pop up.
I get it. The world is a lot different now, due to the internet constantly changing. But, it just seems to me like this could work a lot better if the devs would collect donations up until the game is halfway done, release half the game as a teaser, then with the donations already received, spend their time finishing that game, then release that game before starting a new project....at least that mentality works for musicians with their albums via kickstarter, gofundme, etc.

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
What makes the Patreon system hard to swallow....you can go to GameStop and purchase an XBOX or PS game for $20-60, and you permanently own it, and it's a completely finished game.
A person could donate that amount and much more to a dev, and spent countless months/years playing partial updates and getting excited about the game, but never get to finish it, cause the dev had other important things pop up.
I get it. The world is a lot different now, due to the internet constantly changing. But, it just seems to me like this could work a lot better if the devs would collect donations up until the game is halfway done, release half the game as a teaser, then with the donations already received, spend their time finishing that game, then release that game before starting a new project....at least that mentality works for musicians with their albums via kickstarter, gofundme, etc.
what youre forgetting is with that $20-60 game from gamestop youre referring to, it has many people/companies/investors doing the same exact thing that people do for these small games on patreon. the only difference is its a bigger price tag each time and a whole lot more people working on it. But its the same thing on a smaller scale.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
what youre forgetting is with that $20-60 game from gamestop youre referring to, it has many people/companies/investors doing the same exact thing that people do for these small games on patreon. the only difference is its a bigger price tag each time and a whole lot more people working on it. But its the same thing on a smaller scale.
Nope. Didn't forget that. It still doesn't change the truth that one is cheaper than the other. I've supported plenty on Patreon in the past. My luck...I just got roasted by devs who got burned out on the game and abandoned it. The money spent didn't get me a finished product.

laughs in early access and day-z
Any true retro-gamer is fine with playing older games, so waiting till a new game gets released to everyone is ok, too. Also, if I wait and let someone complete it then give a walkthrough, I'm happy with that as well...saves me the frustration of figuring out certain difficult parts, from time to time. haha...I don't mind missing early access. lol

And y'all, don't take this the wrong way. I fully understand the system and the reasons it exists, and it makes sense. It still gets frustrating at times, when you realize you spent money and only got half the product.
I wish all devs well and hope they all get rich from it...or at least make enough to quit their day job and do this full time.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
You state you understand how the system works, but I'm not sure that you do. You aren't spending your money (on a product), you are donating / gifting it (to someone).
In my eyes, it's the same thing, in this situation. The reason you donate the money to them is cause you want to see a finished game. In essence, you're still purchasing what they're working on. Go tell a cop you were gifting that hooker money and she was just screwing you out of the kindness of her heart cause you supported her. Cop says, "ok, you're free to go. You didn't buy her body." lol Sorry, but that's just how I see it.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
In my eyes... The reason you donate the money ... but that's just how I see it.
It is your right to see things however you wish and your reasons / motivations for donating are your own, however the 'hiring the services of a prostitute" example you gave is a little like comparing apples to oranges.

In your example person A (the client) is hiring the services of person B (the prostitute), which in many legal regions would be covered by Contract relate laws. This means that person B is under a legal obligation to supply the agreed upon service(s) to person A. What happens if law enforcement becomes aware of said contact would greatly depend on if said services were legal or not in that specific region.

In the case of donating in general and Patreon in particular, person A is donating / gifting money to person B, and as such no service or product supply Contract has been entered into. This mean person B has little or no legal obligation to person A, and while some may see the Tier conditions as a sort of "promise of intent" like those contained within a Contract they are just motivators to get people to donate.

Reactions: Baemz

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
It is your right to see things however you wish and your reasons / motivations for donating are your own, however the 'hiring the services of a prostitute" example you gave is a little like comparing apples to oranges.

In your example person A (the client) is hiring the services of person B (the prostitute), which in many legal regions would be covered by Contract relate laws. This means that person B is under a legal obligation to supply the agreed upon service(s) to person A. What happens if law enforcement becomes aware of said contact would greatly depend on if said services were legal or not in that specific region.

In the case of donating in general and Patreon in particular, person A is donating / gifting money to person B, and as such no service or product supply Contract has been entered into. This mean person B has little or no legal obligation to person A, and while some may see the Tier conditions as a sort of "promise of intent" like those contained within a Contract they are just motivators to get people to donate.
You are clearly applying your first sentence to yourself here.
Missing his point completely and changing his words to fit your view. Nice, but not constructive, no matter how many words you copy/paste after.
Btw I never buy games either. Always donate. Shops just like to give me free games to thank me every time.

alis959

Nov 21, 2017
View attachment 147760
Overview:
"I wanted to make a fantasy game with a tomboyish protagonist who gets thrown into a quest, and discovers her sexuality along the way. Make no mistake though, this will be a hardcore corruption game".​

Updated: 23-Sep-2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: 0.5.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-logs:

Download:
Win: - - - -
Compressed Version:

Mac: - -
Linux: - -

Thanks @Jealco

Thanks @Geekbone

View attachment 148300 View attachment 148299 View attachment 148301 View attachment 148302 View attachment 148303 View attachment 148304 View attachment 148305 View attachment 148306 View attachment 148307 View attachment 35017
any update for this game

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018

You missed what I was getting at. I'm sure you're very aware of the way prostitutes find clients in illegal areas, I.E. Backpage/Craigslist...the post claims to only offer her time, and that monetary donations are gifts. The way it's worded keeps them outta trouble, cause they word it like she just happens to gift you sex and you just happen to gift her money, and it wasn't an actual purchase.
That's precisely what happens on Patreon. You gift them money and they gift you a game. The way it's worded doesn't change what's actually happening. How many people donate on Patreon, and don't expect a product? I bet the numbers are very small. People have even stated on here that they quit donating cause the particular dev never followed through and just milked the patrons for money.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
I'm sure you're very aware of the way prostitutes find clients in illegal areas, I.E. Backpage/Craigslist...
Actually besides what I've seen on TV and at the cinema, and the few times in my travels when I've seen a legal 'red-light' district, I have little direct knowledge about how prostitutes find clients.

Both of the classified advertisement web-sites you listed are American based, so while I have heard of the 2nd (and had to lookup the 1st) neither of them are relevant for where I resided in the world. And after some googling it appears that our local classified advertisements web-site doesn't allow sex related ads.

Reactions: FookU2
D

Deleted member 458653

Maybe They Should Get Less Money From The Start And Get Decent incentives In Cattegorys Like New Release,Half Way Thru And Big Bonus For Finished.I Kind Of vThink Only Assholes Leave Things Undone.Shows A Serious Flaw In A Person Who Cant Stick Arround To C Their Ideas Realised And Finished.I Dont Know About The Rest Off You Butt I Think This Whole Site Becomes usseless Because Off People Who Leave Work Half Finished. Maybe They Should Only Allow One Game At A Time By A Developer And Nothing More Till Its Done Might Make For Better Games And At Least The Developers Wont Make Us Part Of Their Usseless Type By Forcing Us To Not Finish Because They Are Bitch Babys Allways Crying About Sick Only Thing They Are Good At Crying And Moaning,Butt They To Dumb To Know The Sattisfaction Of Breaking The Ribbon

BKKK

Jun 6, 2017
Maybe They Should Get Less Money From The Start And Get Decent incentives In Cattegorys Like New Release,Half Way Thru And Big Bonus For Finished.I Kind Of vThink Only Assholes Leave Things Undone.Shows A Serious Flaw In A Person Who Cant Stick Arround To C Their Ideas Realised And Finished.I Dont Know About The Rest Off You Butt I Think This Whole Site Becomes usseless Because Off People Who Leave Work Half Finished. Maybe They Should Only Allow One Game At A Time By A Developer And Nothing More Till Its Done Might Make For Better Games And At Least The Developers Wont Make Us Part Of Their Usseless Type By Forcing Us To Not Finish Because They Are Bitch Babys Allways Crying About Sick Only Thing They Are Good At Crying And Moaning,Butt They To Dumb To Know The Sattisfaction Of Breaking The Ribbon
Google translate at it finest :ROFLMAO:

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Hey, I've seen way worse in H games that were machine translated. At least I kind of understood him, which is more than I can say for machine translated. Speaking of which, why is cowabunga such a common word for machine translated games? That is NOT a common word, I've only ever heard it in Ninja Turtles. Yet in machine translated games, you'd think it was a common word like "awesome".

GXT145

Oct 22, 2017
This is now a tough prejudice, because Google Translator has become really good at least from French to English and German to English and vice versa. And actually Google Translator also writes everything in lower case. My guess is that this is not Google

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Abandoned!!! Seriously? GUDDAMN!! Thought, hey let me check on Astrids progress, it's been a while last time i checked the thread. Big "SIGH" *...leaves with sad face

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes