Others Abandoned Twin Star: (T)wincest Dating-sim Rpg [v0.7.1] [Pandapenguingames]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
you beautiful mammal! i was half way through downloading a rapidgator link, thank fuck you posted this. thank you TCMS.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
So what can you do? I've been trying this thing and when I go to school I'm stuck there, I can't enter my parent's room, I can't talk to my sister. Man this thing is really wonky.

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
So what can you do? I've been trying this thing and when I go to school I'm stuck there, I can't enter my parent's room, I can't talk to my sister. Man this thing is really wonky.
aha.... so just saying "it's broken" is not really a helpful problem description
so let's step down a bit and tell me what you were trying to do in detail because I can't really tell what the problem is from your rant :pokerFace:

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I'm not trying to be an ass, but the game is really confusing at the beginning. But I seriously have no idea what to do, or what the goals are in the game. On Sunday, since nothing was happening at home, I tried going to school. Once there I was stuck in the classroom unable to leave. Later on I tried sneaking into my sister's room at night, and apparently can rape her there pretty easily. In the morning I can also peep for a little while. Is that all there is to the game? Nearly every NPC says "I'm Busy" I can have no conversation with my twin, who one would assume is the main focus of the game, and all I can do at the strip club is skip the minigame there, because it doesn't let me get orders from the bar.

Also, a general note, locked doors are really annoying, especially when they seem to be like half of the doors in the game.

And WASD controls are not working for me either.

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
I'm not trying to be an ass, but the game is really confusing at the beginning. But I seriously have no idea what to do, or what the goals are in the game. On Sunday, since nothing was happening at home, I tried going to school. Once there I was stuck in the classroom unable to leave. Later on I tried sneaking into my sister's room at night, and apparently can rape her there pretty easily. In the morning I can also peep for a little while. Is that all there is to the game? Nearly every NPC says "I'm Busy" I can have no conversation with my twin, who one would assume is the main focus of the game, and all I can do at the strip club is skip the minigame there, because it doesn't let me get orders from the bar.

Also, a general note, locked doors are really annoying, especially when they seem to be like half of the doors in the game.

And WASD controls are not working for me either.
ok no problem, you are just way ahead of what this actually is ;)
it's technically not a game at all but just a pre-alpha (or techDemo of game mechanics)... meaning that there is not much to do in the first place when you are looking for actual content (like talking to NPCs, or getting into rooms you should not, hence locked doors)...

that you got stuck at school is a problem indeed, happens because you went to school at the weekend...I have yet to build in an "area lockdown" that prevents you from going to areas that you should not go to (yet/at that time)
when you go to school on weekdays in the morning you can start the class and after class ended you can leave school again (going there on any other time is currently not supported and apparently you end up stuck there, didn't account for that)

the mini game at the club is a bit confusing, I admit that, and I'm already putting a "tutorial" together on how to play it
in general, you take the order from the guest (little cocktail glass symbol) and then wait for the barkeeper to process the order, once the drink is prepared it will be ready for pickup at the bar (red bottle on the counter) and then you deliver it to the right customer in time (when the clock symbol is on them)
if you delivered in time you will get an extra tip that you have to collect (coins symbol)

but in general you also should check out the offical places ( , ) if you got problems because most of what you encountered is already mentioned there in one form or the other (like the removal of WASD controls in the current version)

Reactions: Burt

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I'm having a problem. In the beginning, when you try to peek the sister sleeping, a wild error appears

ERROR: could not open file "(...)/FolderWhereTheGameIs/TwinStar_techblablabla/game/scene/Scene0.tws

It's also happening with the other scenes as well.

How do I fix it?

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
I'm having a problem. In the beginning, when you try to peek the sister sleeping, a wild error appears

ERROR: could not open file "(...)/FolderWhereTheGameIs/TwinStar_techblablabla/game/scene/Scene0.tws

It's also happening with the other scenes as well.

How do I fix it?
I'll just assume you are on Windows (because anything else is not supported)
if installing the additional resources from the "redist" folder doesn't fix it, you need to copy the whole game folder directly onto your C:\ drive (like C:\TwinStar)

I still can't replicate why some people get this problem but it must be some sort of crazy Windows UAC settings that prevent the game from accessing the %appdata% folder
there is litterally nothing I can do about that other than catch it with an error notice

Last edited:

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I'll just assume you are on Windows (because anything else is not supported)
if installing the additional resources from the "redist" folder doesn't fix it, you need to copy the whole game folder directly onto your C:\ drive (like C:\TwinStar)

I still can't replicate why some people get this problem but it must be some sort of crazy Windows UAC settings that prevent the game from accessing the %appdata% folder
there is litterally nothing I can do about that other than catch it with an error notice
I've move it to the C drive and reinstalled the redists and it worked. Thanks.
And indeed is Windows. #TeamWindows

Weird tho. Gotta be something similar to what you said.

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
Weird tho. Gotta be something similar to what you said.
yes, most of the time the people who get this error tried to launch the game from an external drive, or a network storage, or anything else than C:\
and if their windows user is not a true admin or anything else was changed with the UAC the game simply can't access the %appdata% folder which is vital to the internal game functions (save games are stored there, all temporary data is stored there)

but since I have no control over how people set up their windows all I can do is think of workarounds...

because on the other hand, the GameMaker engine won't let me have access to any other folder than the %appdata% because that's how decided to set it up (stupid sandbox) -.-

Last edited:
Reactions: Burt

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
yes, most of the time the people who get this error tried to launch the game from an external drive, or a network storage, or anything else than C:\
and if their windows user is not a true admin or anything else was changed with the UAC the game simply can't access the %appdata% folder which is vital to the internal game functions (save games are stored there, all temporary data is stored there)

but since I have no control over how people set up their windows all I can do is think of workarounds...

because on the other hand, the GameMaker engine won't let me have access to any other folder than the %appdata% because that's how decided to set it up (stupid sandbox) -.-
Nice explaination for most people they dont realise the game engine any developer chooses has plus points and drawbacks hopfully this will clear it up for people in any game they choose to play which is not a custom made engine

May 14, 2017
is it worth actually downloading just now since it is a "techdemo" or is it better to wait till more stuff is added that u can do stuff with, also what's the difference between techdemo and a demo, are they the same

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
is it worth actually downloading just now since it is a "techdemo" or is it better to wait till more stuff is added that u can do stuff with, also what's the difference between techdemo and a demo, are they the same
well...you can discover 6 explicit scenes so far (and one pole dance show)
other than that there is not much "to do"

and.... techDemo is just my name for a pre-alpha development stage where there is not much content and the focus is on developing the game mechanics first

all the content in the "game" right now is there to test several implemented game mechanics (and eye-candy for Patrons)

Last edited:

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016

need volunteers to test this animation embedded in my game engine.... would need FPS count (displayed bottom left corner)

Download test file:

@ me with results (preferably lower end computers and laptops :pokerFace:, I can test high-end myself)

Last edited:
Reactions: asd33asd33

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016

Twin Star is getting an audio engine upgrade with the next techDemo version (0.7.1)
check out the track list and other related info in

:FuckYea:

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
@knock and @Ventrusoul would you like to help me out real quick and test this little tool for me? :pokerFace:
you were one of the unlucky players who encountered crashes when loading a scene (and took the time to report the problem, thanks)

as I can't replicate the problem I can't test for a solution myself (or a detection methode)
:ForeverAlone:

this tool simply tries to extract one image to your %localappdata% (integrityCheck A) or %appdata% (integrityCheck B) when you launch it and reports if it was successful or not

so please put it where you usually put your downloaded games (if IIRC you guys tried it from D:\ or somewhere else than C:\ ) and run it from there, if all goes according to plan you should get an error popup.... which means my testing methode works

and it also should succeed if you run it from your C:\ directly

I plan to build this test into my game so players get notified on launch right away if there are problems with access to the appdata and gives them a workaround solution :eazyHype:

PS: anybody having errors starting a scene should run this tool too pls

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Looks like this is on hold for little while. From their patreon page.

Panda Penguin Games has paused their campaign. Patrons will not be charged on December 1st, 2017
All billing will resume on January 1st, 2018.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes