HTML Abandoned The Weekend [v2.0.1.9] [Tufty]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Nope, if anything it's slightly darker than the original game. The writing is still top notch and Tufty has, in my opinion, made the Friday even better than in the original game.
"For now, I've removed adult themes that are in v1 but not yet in v2. As I post more updates I'll add those tags back in.
v1 of the game (v1-0.5.6 and earlier) has been discontinued. In the future I will remove v1 from this page, but for now I'm leaving it for posterity. "

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
"For now, I've removed adult themes that are in v1 but not yet in v2. As I post more updates I'll add those tags back in.
v1 of the game (v1-0.5.6 and earlier) has been discontinued. In the future I will remove v1 from this page, but for now I'm leaving it for posterity. "
As only the Friday has been completed there is a lot less sexual content than there was in the previous version which covered several more days of content. What there is was extremely well written though and a very interesting "meeting" with Elias if you go downstairs to collect your phone. As Tufty said as further days are added the more adult themes will be re-introduced.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
A lot of choice has been removed too. The beginning gender change is different and there is less opportunity to rebel against the authority/bullying of your sister. This makes the MC of new version a bit more submissive and accepting of the gender change. It remains to be seen how the other content changes though, since this is only a partial remake of the previous material.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
Where did you read this, please?

Aug 3, 2017
Neat to see this show up here, I've been a patron of this game for awhile, but the author started putting out updates that were all about this really weird sex yacht that didn't fit with the rest of the game at all and I kind of lost track after that, didn't have any idea they were 're-mastering' it

edit: They explicitly gave the MC a fat ass, so far I approve

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: youngethan and Dan_
Dec 31, 2018
where's the gay sex? you get your dick removed immediately
Theres a pool party in the V1 saturday night, depending on how you play it you get FFM, FF or MMF options.

You can debate about whether its gay when Caseys hardware is femal but the software is male but so far theres nothing gay in the new version except for their psyche, dont know what options there will be in the new saturday night though.

bigbri

Apr 3, 2017
In my experience, restarting the game is the first step toward abandoning it. I hope that's not the case as I enjoyed this one.
Normally that'd be the case, but I'm more hopeful for a couple of reasons
1)The entire point of redoing the game from scratch was to avoid having to abandon it because the original code base was a clusterfuck to work on. The new one is designed explicitly to make it easier to carry the project on
2)Tufty doesn't really seem to be doing this to make money, they're doing it as a labour of love/interest project with the patreon being a little bonus way for fans to show some appreciation

Reactions: GravGrav and Dan_

someoldguy

Aug 8, 2017
It is dicey though. If you change things you can get into a tug of war between patrons who like the new way and patrons who are very vocal about how the old way was better. Changing the story while you're improving the code can cause a lot of friction, and friction can lead to burnout.

Reactions: Dan_

tufty89

Jul 17, 2020
Hey everyone, tufty here, one of my patrons mentioned this thread and I thought I'd drop in and say hello. Looks like everyone is (more or less) enjoying the remake. I would appreciate it if you guys didn't share patron versions of the game, but I also don't have the time or energy to enforce that even if I could, and I've never harbored any pretense of turning this into a serious source of income, so there you go.

Feel free to ask me questions, give me feedback, or hurl vitriolic insults at me or my writing. I can't guarantee I'll be super active here but I'll do my best to keep tabs on things!

Some scientific,well-researched FAQs that I didn't just make up:
Why are you remaking The Weekend?

The original was full of plot holes, contradictions, and lots of half-baked meandering sections with little or no interactivity. I was having trouble maintaining interest because there was a lot of branches that I either didn't know quite what to do with or had little motivation to continue. Plus, it was all done in the Twine visual editor and was almost impossible to navigate (seriously, I would start scrolling and then go get a cup of coffee before it got to the new content), and my attempts at exporting it to another editing system just made it more of a jumbled mess.

Will you continue developing the old version?
No, sorry.

Will sex scene A, character B, or plot point C from v1 be included in the remake?
Probably!

Will there be scene illustrations in the remake like in v1?
Absolutely, but not until the content is relatively stable (just like in v1).

Are you going to abandon this project?
Although I'm not gifted with fortune-telling abilities, the odds of finishing v2 are a lot higher than v1.

Why are their less choices in the new Friday content?
Are there? It's possible...I'm writing entirely in a text editor now, so it's hard to tell at a glance where the branches happen. Removing choices wasn't really my goal, but consolidating things to make it easier to write definitely was...so like I said, it's very possible it may feel more restrictive. Sorry about that, but it's truly the only way I can keep things under control.

Will you add content specific to my fetish?
Probably not, sorry. Content requests work better for sandbox games.

I like v1 more than v2.
Sorry. I like a lot about it too, but personally I'm ready to let it go.

Can I murder Amelia?
No.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Hey everyone, tufty here, one of my patrons mentioned this thread and I thought I'd drop in and say hello. Looks like everyone is (more or less) enjoying the remake. I would appreciate it if you guys didn't share patron versions of the game, but I also don't have the time or energy to enforce that even if I could, and I've never harbored any pretense of turning this into a serious source of income, so there you go.
Well, this is pirate forum, so as long as patreon version is supplied, pirates will publish it.
On the other hand, there are many visits per day. Some threads have >17000000 visits total. So you probably will have much advertising here. I think you may have more income, not less, because of this forum. Just my guess.

I always liked The Weekend. Good youth romance with sex. Good writing. I wish you best luck, and much success with TW2!

CrowleyJ

Jul 11, 2017

Feel free to ask me questions, give me feedback, or hurl vitriolic insults at me or my writing. I can't guarantee I'll be super active here but I'll do my best to keep tabs on things!
Since you invite commentary...

I loved V1 and I am fully prepared to love V2 as well. I'm disappointed that the restart happened before I finally got the chance to tell Amelia exactly how I felt about her rewriting my entire body without my consent based on what she thinks is best for me (even if it did actually wind up being the best thing for me).

I understand if you weren't happy with how it wound up re plot holes, contradictions and meandering non-interactive sections, but your writing is something I always found amazing, and I can't wait to see more of it. On the other hand, if it matters to you, as a fan I'm totally behind a restructure to get your passion and enthusiasm back as well as making it practically easier to manage.

I was a patron for a while, but regrettably had to drop my sponsorship a few months ago after losing my job. I'll be starting work again soon and your patreon is definitely high on my list to re-subscribe to.

Reactions: Sylar1234

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Is there any way to download v1?
Older links just go to Tufty's website and to the newer version.
I enjoyed v2 and I'm excited for eventual updates, but I'd like to check out the original version as well.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes