HTML Abandoned The Weekend [v2.0.1.9] [Tufty]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
I haven't played this game yet, so I'm curious, do you have to be transformed or can you resist/avoid the transformation and remain fully male?
Being transformed and dealing with suddenly being a woman is the whole point of the game. So, no, there's no way to be male during it (outside of some of the eventual endings when they get made, presumably).

someoldguy

Aug 8, 2017
I haven't played this game yet, so I'm curious, do you have to be transformed or can you resist/avoid the transformation and remain fully male?
You always turn female right at the start of the story. The story is about how you handle the change, what you choose to do and whether you want to/try to turn back. So far version 2 is still behind version 1 in terms of content and timeline.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Well, This Just SUCKS!! :mad::cry:
I was enjoying this Game.
Wanted to see how it ended.
You might still see it in the future. The abandoned tag came since here on F95 there was no progress for the relevant timeframe. On the TF-Site, where the game is also and the creator posts there, the game is still in the development sub-forum, not the abandoned one. That might come, but currently "the Weekend" seems to be still developed.

bigbri

Apr 3, 2017
On the TF-Site, where the game is also and the creator posts there, the game is still in the development sub-forum, not the abandoned one.
While Tufty used to post on there they haven't really posted since the last release back in July, and they apparently haven't even visited the site since November. As for being in the active development forum, that's only because games don't get moved into the inactive forum until 250 days after their last release, which isn't until next month for The Weekend.

It's still going as far as I'm aware, Tufty has been on a bit of a hiatus but there is no indication the game is officially abandoned.
Personally I'd considered ~7months incommunicado to be more than a bit of a hiatus :p
While Tufty has never outright said the game is abandoned I feel like seemingly vanishing into the aether is about as good of an indication that it is as we're ever gonna get.
It's a shame because, while transformation games aren't generally my thing, I quite liked The Weekend, except for the fact there's no option to bitchslap the sister into the stratosphere.

Reactions: Liadar and Turret

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
There is a game called "The Princess Trap" that I saw on TF Games that has a very similar theme and some likeable characters. It is just released at version 1 though.

Not sure what the rules are for posting links so I will leave it at that.

Also, I know Tufty has taken long breaks in the past (even a year I think) so hope isn't completely abandoned yet!

zottertotter

Feb 20, 2023
There is a game called "The Princess Trap" that I saw on TF Games that has a very similar theme and some likeable characters. It is just released at version 1 though.

Not sure what the rules are for posting links so I will leave it at that.

Also, I know Tufty has taken long breaks in the past (even a year I think) so hope isn't completely abandoned yet!
Thank you, I'll check it out. Also, I hope the same.

zottertotter

Feb 20, 2023
In the sense that it is not an instant transformation, you are right. I am thinking more along the lines of the general tone of the story, and how the MC is a true protagonist rather than a victim.
Yeah, that's something that creeps me out with most transformation games. Apart from the gross semiotics, I also just don't find it appealing.

Reactions: youngethan

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
News from Tufty below:-

Hey guys, quick update on The Weekend. It's been a while since I put anything out, for a variety of reasons, but the primary villain is my PC finally bit the dust a while back. While I don't use it for writing, I do use it for artwork, which was often how I would draw myself back into working on the project. Without that spark it was difficult to make much progress, so I took a step back which has turned into an extended break. My work/life balance has also shifted, and much of the time I previously spent writing has been filled with other things. It definitely feels like there just aren't enough hours in the day.

I have plans to replace my art PC when it becomes financially responsible to do so, hopefully sooner rather than later. I don't want to promise the floodgates will suddenly open when that happens, but there is a good chance I'll restart my work on this project when I can draw again or sometime soon after. It's heartwarming that people still play and enjoy the game despite it's age and unfinished state, and I'd really like to complete it for you guys some day. On my Patreon I also posted a few pitches for new games to work on, and hopefully some of the work I've done on those will also see the light of day!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I am still alive, and although I don't have any new work to show for my extended break, there is still a good chance I'll be adding more to Casey's story at some point in the future. Thanks for the continued interest and support, especially everyone who's remained subscribed to my Patreon for so long!

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes